Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Camo netting

Its the same everywhere Dharbert. However most mods want to release everything at once. The preview pics are just to let us know they are still doing something I think.

It is frustrating though, teasing us like that. tounge_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Why does OPGWC post screenshots of all the addons that they've "made", yet I've never seen a single one of them released........ever.

By the time they get through with their mod, no one will be playing OFP anymore.

I am curious why you feel the need to flame. I would have thought the answer was very simple.

OPGWC is a MOD, the idea is to produce a group of addons within a Theme that add up to a coherent whole. OPGWC is doing nothing different than FDF, Falklands, CSLA II or any other Mod. Perhaps the only difference is the size of the team and the amount of time we have available to spend on it.

Now if you want to use the OPGWC addons why not post somthing encouraging. If not please dont flame.

Quote[/b] ]Its the same everywhere Dharbert.

I have to disagree there.  This is exclusive to OPGWC.  When BAS posts a screenshot, a few days or a week later they release the addon.  Same goes for DKM, Martin and many others.  However, OPGWC has been doing this for well over a year now without releasing a single addon.  It's getting old quick.

Quote[/b] ]OPGWC is doing nothing different than FDF, Falklands, CSLA II or any other Mod.

True, but there's one big difference. Those guys have their mod out. I'm not really trying to flame you guys. I'm sure that your stuff will be worth the download, it's just very annoying to constantly see pics over the course of a year or more with nothing to back it up.

biggrin_o.gif Camo nets looking cool...

further:- I know its frustrating waiting for a mod but we all do have lives dont we, we're not married to flashpoint.  As a Brit Ive been waiting for over a year for Projet UKF to release but undestand when they are out they will be worth the wait and they will be appreciated more. (especially as i bought a new graphic card for playing)  It would be nice to see a few treaser betas from certain mods as long as its not version 1-20 like some islands that come out. Thats more annoying than never releasing.

Quote[/b] ]I know its frustrating waiting for a mod but we all do have lives dont we, we're not married to flashpoint.

Speak for yourself..... biggrin_o.gif

I'm married, have a kid and I still eat, sleep, breathe and *$&% Flashpoint. hahaha

Quote[/b] ]Its the same everywhere Dharbert.

I have to disagree there.  This is exclusive to OPGWC.  When BAS posts a screenshot, a few days or a week later they release the addon.  Same goes for DKM, Martin and many others.  However, OPGWC has been doing this for well over a year now without releasing a single addon.  It's getting old quick.

Quote[/b] ]OPGWC is doing nothing different than FDF, Falklands, CSLA II or any other Mod.

True, but there's one big difference.  Those guys have their mod out.  I'm not really trying to flame you guys.  I'm sure that your stuff will be worth the download, it's just very annoying to constantly see pics over the course of a year or more with nothing to back it up.

BAS and DKM aren't mods, they release addons, they not trying to modifie the full game like FDF and mods like it, they just create addons of things that OFP haven't or they improve things, then release them.

FDF and CSLA probably have a much bigger team than OFPGWC and they been building the mod before OFPGWC, so they finish before.

Back to topic.

I'm putting full faith on Mapfact, I know this nets shown looks great and promissing, but if we had some from OFPGWC and some more from Mapfact, we would widen the choice completly.

One thing, winter and arctic versions please. Winter addons are becoming popular everytime more, and I'm a winter freek. So please, add some winter camos in there please.

@CERO.

hmm  but ther is one more team that could do the camo netting its "Third World Explosion Team" thos guys are working on objects so why not on a camo netting rock.gif

sounds good to me, i agree a bunch of new objects is what will make OFP look like a new game, its the little things ya know?

or why not mapfact?rock.gif? they have done all sorst of military buildings/objects.... so why not some camo nets too???

Guest RKSL-Rock

Erm...Beer happened lots of Beer tounge_o.gif

...Sorry a mate of mine pitched up unexpectedly on Saturday and we basically stayed in the pub until closing time on Sunday.

Anyone got some asprin?

I'll try and get it out before the weekend - im just struggling for time at the moment.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok here's a question for you guys...

How do you want them organised? As seperate .PBO's eg:

Woodland Pack (US)

Woodland Pack (UK)

Woodland Pack (Other)

Snow Pack (US)

Snow Pack (UK)

...etc....

Or a pack with everything (Woodland - Desert - Snow) per camo type?

Either way I'm going to release the US Woodland pack as a Public Beta later on today.

Thoughts please.

all under one name would be good

IE RockofSL - Cammo Netting

One pbo for the release would be easiest. Anyone wanting the camo netting would probably want them all.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok guys a bit later than promised and certainly not as complete as I planned - here's the US Woodland Net pack BETA ONLY!

I've been a bit busy this week so I've scaled down the BETA release.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish this pack and complete the Desert and Snow packs after the weekend.

RKSL-US-Howi.jpg

RKSL-US-LARGE.jpg

RKSL-US-LEANTO.jpg

RKSL-US-OPEN.jpg

RKSL-US-SCUD.jpg

I've loaded them up to my website but registration is required.  Apologies for this but we've had problems with file leeching in the past.  I'd be gratefull if people could provide mirrors.

DOWNLOAD THE US CAMO NETS VER 0.93BETA

MIRROR 1 - OPFlashpoint.org

MIRROR 2 - OFPBase (Zip format)

Thanks guys!

Rock

Guest RKSL-Rock

Yes and no.  I was but I left a few years back.

I Served in the Reg. from August '89 to May '97 in UK, NI, Germany, The Gulf and Bosnia.

Edit: And 4 years with the R(A)AF - I was stiched up but thats a long story

Anyone got a banana?  wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

The camo seems to do it's job nicely. The objects within are broken up visually and the netting can blend in nicely depending on placement, and that's what camouflage is all about.

With:

with.jpg

Without:

without.jpg

Unless you're actively looking, you won't see the Shilkas until they open fire.

Nice work RockofSL.

Just one thing I noticed. On once occasion, after destroying the "Scud" net, it fell down and the shadow was visible, but not the net causing the shadow. It has only happened once, probably just the terrain in that spot.

Edited for horrid spelling.

Looking good, I'll be downloading this when I get home from work, looking forward to the UK pattern nets smile_o.gif

If OPGWC were to be released in it's current state people would complain endlessly. The reason why addons are not being (generally) released as stand-alones is three-fold. So listen up, and listen good.

1. Large number of objects share textures/scripts etc. Splitting these things up in a royal pain in the ass and its very easy to make mistakes.

2. A lot of things are configged through the main config.cpp. Again, splitting this sort of things up is a huge pain and in some cases (replacement rather than all-new content) it is impossible.

3. An object that looks great in OPGWC might (read: probably will) look weird in any other flavour of OFP. OPGWC is being created as a single homogenous environment, not just a whole bunch of Gulf War addons. There's a big difference.

I pray to God (or Allah) that this is the last time I have to explain this.