Sign in to follow this  
Badgerboy

N korea train blast

That's really ridiculous, how can a forest fire make such a cloud...

Missile field disguised as a forest perhaps?

Well if the explosion was accidental then it was a pretty huge accident. If they have nukes i don't think thats a good thing.

There is an underground military complex at the location of the blast. Something went wrong, but I´m quite sure it was no intentional nuke test or blast.

Thank god the chinese didn´t automatically react to an assumed threat scenario.

That's really ridiculous, how can a forest fire make such a cloud...

i suppose if the timber were dried enough, and there are alot of trees and other plant life it could make quite a large cloud of smoke. the forest fires that broke out in California sure did make quite a bit of smoke. the MSNBC article said China hasn't detected any nuclear fallout around its borders, or any reports of casualties. we'll have to wait and see i guess. i would certianly like to see a picture of this cloud though.

My post was related to the form of the cloud, in German News - Services it says, it looks like that one, you have after a nuclear explosion...

Remember, they generally don't class an nuclear explosion by the cloud it creates, but the heat bloom it generates. If a surface detonation did take place, they would know very quickly.

If it was an underground test, then there would be no cloud as such. This laso seemed to occur near the Chinese border. Surface testing near neighbouring counties is just going to piss them off, they don't want to upset China.

In a nuclear detonation they would see a double flash. This is the most common way to ID a nuclear (surface or air) blast.

The US even has satalites specially desinged to detect those flashes (although I don't know if these still run)

Quote[/b] ]although I don't know if these still run

They do. And russia´s and china´s also. They also do run.

So do the german weather satellites run and the japanese telocommunication satellites.:;):

If there was a surface detonation, wich is extremely unlikely you would have heard the whistles when opening your window.

It was something else. Maybe the military test facility underground had some answers.

I'm guessing there is a big accident there in military base. maybe that's where they have most of their long range missiles? if some freak accident happened and a lot of those war heads blew, it could make a big cloud.

as MSNBC said, no radiation fallout has been found.

Would be conveniant for the US if NK accidently blew up its own nuclear weapons! tounge_o.gif

According to Debka, the area "also contains large missile arsenal."

MOAB? or chain reaction equivalent? that would make more sense.

They wouldn´t be so stupid to drop a MOAB over their own facility. And only when airdropped a MOAB will cloud like this.

A dropped MOAB can be excluded.

Maybe some missile fule went ablaze and took the ballistic missiles up with it. That could make a very big bang.

But the seismic anomalies indicate one major boom and not several ones, and I´m not sure if a conventional missile can couse such effects. I doubt it. Maybr they did test something and it went extremely boom.

Maybe it was Kim Jong Ill himself that blew up? The lad is so full of himself you wouldn't beleive it.

On a more serious note, this scares me. Anytime I see "explosion" and "North Korea", in the same article. I do the "duck and cover" routine.

I wouldn´t feel safe already. If they have had a biological or chemical fart it could get funny crazy_o.gif

It was probably an ammo depot that blew. Someone smoking near the oily rags underneath the 100,000 tons of 122mm and 152mm artillery shells. crazy_o.gif

yeah but such things do not really tend to blow up alltogether, synchronized you know... even if there was a little chain reaction only it would have been seismic visible.

Edit: Ok, I checked the timetable again and had to see that most of the activity was over 2-4 minutes. That´s very little time for let´s say an ammo depot, but let´s say 10 -20 ballistic missiles within that time ?

Or a fuel test gone wrong ? And if there were ballistic missiles that went up...what did they have on their tip ?

isn't it standard doctrine to keep warheads in storage away from the rockets until they are prepared to launch for safty reasons? i also thought that they don't even keep the rockets fueled because it would corrode the rocket's fuel tanks

isn't it standard doctrine to keep warheads in storage away from the rockets until they are prepared to launch for safty reasons? i also thought that they don't even keep the rockets fueled because it would corrode the rocket's fuel tanks

Yeah, but it's North Korea.

NK is a very scary place. When Kim Jong Il dies, who will replace him? An equally savage dictator or perhaps a lesser evil who just couldn't say anything under the old regime?

China, it's a shame we have somewhat bad relations with them. I mean, you look at the olympics, the pandas, and best of all the chinese food (yummy)... there really shouldn't be anything bad between the two of us :-(

Sometimes, things just don't make sense.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3650702.stm

Quote[/b] ]North Korea has given an explanation for the huge blast last Thursday which prompted speculation that it was a part of a nuclear test.

The country's foreign minister, Paek Nam Sun, said the blast was the deliberate demolition of a mountain as part of a hydro-electric project.

His remarks were in response to a call for information by the visiting UK Foreign Office minister, Bill Rammell.

North Korea had said absolutely nothing about the incident until now.

ROFLMAO! guess they had plenty of weapon-grade explosives so just decided to use them for building dams. biggrin_o.gif