Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Opf user mission creating competition...

The Fubarnator sums it very well smile_o.gif

We could use some kind of banner image for this, will be to display on the Bis site, on the affiliated websites as well as in sigs and such, if anyone wants to put their artistic heads on and come up with something please do smile_o.gif

Just read this threat,

sounds great to me. Sounds like i gonna have to do something special:)

So just a few questions to make sure i got everything.

- Addons allowed if readme file mentions how to install them.

- About the Cutscenes: In my opinion it is nice to have them in SP, but in MP they kinda have to be skip able. Otherwise you have to watch it everytime you play the mission.

Imagine a reassign for people coming in just after you watched it. Makes it kinda odd. So i never really made long cutscenes in my missions. But if you want one i could make it skipable biggrin_o.gif

- Are coops where you can respawn are wanted? that more personal interrest.

kind regards,

Daywalker

So just a few questions to make sure i got everything.
Quote[/b] ]

- Addons allowed if readme file mentions how to install them.

Addons allowed in the addon mission category, readme must contain working links and basic instructions how to install them.

Quote[/b] ]

- About the Cutscenes: In my opinion it is nice to have them in SP, but in MP they kinda have to be skip able. Otherwise you have to watch it everytime you play the mission.

Up to the mission maker really, cutscenes will add to the immersion factor especially in SP, as you indicate they can be annoying in MP so a long unskippable cutscene in an MP mission no matter how technically good could lose them points.

Quote[/b] ]

- Are coops where you can respawn are wanted? that more personal interrest.

Again up to the mission maker, personally I'm a big wuss and don't like MP missions without respawn, but I don't think I would rate down a mission if there isn't respawn, unless perhaps if it is an exceptionally tough mission where a lack of respawn just makes it rediculous smile_o.gif

Of course different judges will like/dislike different things and will rate up and down accordingly, that's the joy of having a large & mixed panel of judges smile_o.gif

Been chirping away at a banner for this.

It currently reads - MMOTY 04 - Starts 8th of June. Register here!

(The banner is obviously intended to link to a forum page in which you "register" or submit your work)

Any wishes for what it should say instead?

EDIT: Here is the version I like the most, fairly low quality to save bandwidth

EDIT2: Do'h! It says 8th of june instead of 14th. Easily corrected tho' smile_o.gif

MMOTY-BANN.JPG

has a final submission deadline been agreed upon already?

Any wishes for what it should say instead?

I think it has to somehow say "Operation Flashpoint: Mission Editing Competition 2004" (not necessarily all in one line) just so it easily/clearly spells it out for anyone not in the know, I don't think it's necessary to say "register here" the banner will link to a news item/competition page on the BIS website so maybe consider some kind of "click me" but that can always be done with text so isn't a priority.

It's a good start though smile_o.gif Nice simple, clear design, although (if it's possible) might be better if it can be given a "flashpoint" feel, not sure how (I'm not remotely creative) but some kind of camo effect or something? smile_o.gif

Well you could think something around 8th August, it launches June 8th, it will be open for submission for two months so without looking at what day 8th August is it'll be then (give or take a day) smile_o.gif

Ummmmm...

When You say "host de competition"...that´s host missions in a server???

...are needed servers to host the missions???

...are needed servers to host the missions???

Shouldn't be necessary, I'll update on that today.

Well you could think something around 8th August, it launches June 8th, it will be open for submission for two months so without looking at what day 8th August is it'll be then (give or take a day) smile_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>placebo slaps placebo</center></span>

I don't know what I'm talking about  crazy_o.gif The competition starts Monday June 14th, so I guess Monday August 16th would potentially be the closing date.

The comments made by TJ for the rules to be implemented for the competion are very valid...

Everyone should be able to play the mission on any pc that can run Flashpoint.

Nothing more frustrating trying to find an addon to play a mission.

"Give this one the thumbs up" biggrin_o.gif

I like all of no.1 except the "Operation Flashpoint" bit hard to read. Swedish text on the 2nd one might confuse a few people wink_o.gif

Two! With the swedish notebook. Especially the "kör" or whatever it said. Cool! biggrin_o.gif

If you remove the swedish text I would've said three but keep it on, it's really cool. Now all we need is a dalahäst too and we're done. biggrin_o.gif

Now for the hard part, 1 and 2, the places. Pic 2 is definatley Everon, I can tell you that. Pic 1 is a bit harder... I can't see it... I can open up the mission editor but that would be cheating... Hmmm... Le Port? Yea. Gotta be Le Port.

I think we'll stick to the topic thank you smile_o.gif

I'll close banner submission at 9am CET Friday and then run a poll to choose the best one.

wy open up photoshop?

when all you nead is OFP and paint tounge_o.gif

oki not to good maybe

BIS_MC.jpg