Sign in to follow this  
max_killer_payne

Death animations

Ragdoll physics are so overrated.

Dont get me wrong, it looks nice if used properly...but having a PC calculate the physics for the head and limb of EVERY character in a big game like OFP2 might not be worth the possible drop in performance and rise in minimum system requirments.

Already talked about concluded by perhaps you should have ragdoll physics but only for headshots or shots to the arms and legs.

Yeah thats true, I think simple death animations are good.But something I'd like to stress are tthe evident body parts from direct hits from tanks,rpg's, ombs and maybe, maybe from MG fire.I have seen people getting limbs severed off by machine gun fire and 50cal weapons,boy do they make a mess. If the Rated TM is an issue, remmeber, realistic, and this is a war game.Nothing that hasnt been shown before.Its all over the news everyday now. Look at Soider of Fortune.WHat would be cool is a spinning around effect by a blow to shoulder or the double over effect when getting shot in stomach.big time stomach ache.

Better death animations for OFP 2. The ones in OFP, were only just about acceptable. We want rag doll pyshics!!

agreed!

Ragdoll kicks ass biggrin_o.gif hope they will include that.... well.. on todays games its a must biggrin_o.gif

Ragdoll is pretty crap imo, well in Unreal Warfare engine games it is. It's WAY over the top, everything is like rubber and bounces too much. Anyway having said that it's just about right in Hidden & Dangerous 2, as are the ballistics physics, if they could incorperate those effects into OFP2 and maybe even improve them it'd be awesome!

Not all the time is there a rag doll effect, ive seen some where they get shot and fall to the ground flat and get shot agian and they are sitting up instantaniuosly and fall again.The jerky mostions are important too.And depending on where one is shot can result in instant rigormortus,well, in the head but with todays fire power now, the head is left like a busted egg.Messy.

I'd rather have 100 soldiers dying in the game w/o ragdoll physics that 3 with them, which is what you'll get with the stress on the cpu.

--Ben

I remember reading that one game will have death animations that are initially pre-animated but then the bodies become ragdolls so that they can form up to their surroundings.

Howeverm I would vote for cpu power to handle the living, not the dead, though.

There should be plenty of different death animations so that you wouldn't get bored of them. Maybe ability to make your own animations? I'm sure community would come up with quite a few animations.

There should be plenty of different death animations so that you wouldn't get bored of them. Maybe ability to make your own animations? I'm sure community would come up with quite a few animations.

Yep, Like in 50's gangsta movies with Bogart and others

Yeah, and a few Gobot and He-man charactors, or maybe a Shakespeare death.Sheeshh. Lets add a laser zap and incinerate animatiion. tounge_o.gif

I thik that the current animations are giute good.

They just falls to the ground, as they vould i real life

In Day Of Defeat, there's this one animation that I really liked, the guy would be prone, when he gets shot, he'd reach forward and then die. It was pretty cool seeing that the first time.

I thik that the current animations are giute good.

They just falls to the ground, as they vould i real life

in real life your arms and legs move when ur flying trough the air.... tounge_o.gif

i agree... ragdoll is great when used in the right way..

most games that i have seen with ragdoll, look wrong.. i mean when the person dies it seems like the muscles have been cut from the joints...and their arms and legs fly around like they have no resistance against movment...

well i guess thats why its called ragdoll.. rock.gif

body parts from real dead people dont just become limp like that of a doll, but move when pushed and then return to a nutral position once nothing is putting pressure on it.

try relaxing you're right hand, now use you're left hand and move and flex a finger or two.. once you let go it should move back to it original rest position.

that is how limbs should be like on dead bodies.