Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

hm. maybe.

i´ve never seen that in other missions. but you´re right. my page file is real big after that error...

Pappy, is Locke@Germany's additional Material Definitions mod going to be a recommended mod for Y2k3 users?

Has anyone noticed that the M2A2 Crashes public servers?

If this is the case, can someone point out the line i change in the config and what i change it too, to revert back to the original?

Has anyone noticed that the M2A2 Crashes public servers?

If this is the case, can someone point out the line i change in the config and what i change it too, to revert back to the original?

Try here

might be of some help.

Hey nicer web interface pappy, I no longer get the urge to spaz out on the floor for 5min.

@ ogre_h: it will be reccomended once he releases a Y2K3 version of it which he has agreed to look into.

@ the M2A2: my freind and i tested Y2K3 on a listening, and dedicated server, all addons worked fine. to change it back you need to put in your resistance CD and reinstall the M2A2.pbo

@ webdesign: thanks. wanted something a lil more neutral... the bright colors was to get your attention... being one of the top 5 most popular total conversions.. i think i got the attention i needed wink_o.gif

High detail weaponpack v1.1 released by InQUisiToR

as we all know Y2K3 uses most of the weapons coming with this pack ! INQ released the version 1.1.

if you use this with Y2k3 you will get an error message that the folder m16m203 is missing!!!

if you still want to use version 1.1 you have to do the following:

depbo this file \OperationFlashpoint\Y2K3\Addons\INQ_WeaponPack.pbo

then copy the whole FOLDER M16M203 and put it in the new INQ_WeaponPack.pbo from version 1.1.

(first depbo the new INQ_WeaponPack.pbo put the folder in it, make a pbo)

put it in your Y2K3a addon folder... DONE.

now Y2K3 works fine with INQs WP 1.1

High detail weaponpack v1.1 released by InQUisiToR

as we all know Y2K3 uses most of the weapons coming with this pack ! INQ released the version 1.1.

if you use this with Y2k3 you will get an error message that the folder m16m203 is missing!!!

if you still want to use version 1.1 you have to do the following:

depbo this file \OperationFlashpoint\Y2K3\Addons\INQ_WeaponPack.pbo

then copy the whole FOLDER M16M203 and put it in the new INQ_WeaponPack.pbo from version 1.1.

(first depbo the new INQ_WeaponPack.pbo put the folder in it, make a pbo)

put it in your Y2K3a addon folder... DONE.

now Y2K3 works fine with INQs WP 1.1

Isent 1.1 a bit old now ? rock.gif

is it rock.gif is the INQ_WeaponPack.pbo coming with y2k3 version 1.1 rock.gif

if yes sry for my post smile_o.gif

oh yes hm,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my fault.

the thread High detail weaponpack v1.1 released!, + config.bin mod v1.1 apeard at the first page... and I thought it was new !

lmao. no no 1.1 was his last release of the weapon pack which was last year.

and the one in Y2K3 uses paa / pac textures rather then jpeg which is a bit more system freindly smile_o.gif

Okay, how about to replace the BAS Delta's to the LSR Delta's? Laser's deltas look way much like the do in real life then bas delta's.

Dedan

Its very easy to replace, I actually have the Laser Deltas as "Black op day" and the retextured laser deltas, the Nomex ones, as the night Black ops.

Regards.

@CERO.

you would have to edit the eventhandlers in y2K3 to use that of the fash fx ones.

if you know what your doin its easy to add them in

Hmm well yes I know that, but what would I change and what would I replace it with? (I am a total config noob sad_o.gif )

Well like Pappy said you would have to change the eventhandlers and replace it with the ones from the other config. The eventhandlers should be at the bottom of the class. Like this:

Quote[/b] ]

class Skoda: SkodaBase

{

scope=2

model="skodovka";

terrainCoef=0.900000;

displayName="$STR_DN_SKODA_YELLOW";

class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec ""\ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs""";

killed="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\check_dammage_car.sqs""";

};

Sorry if I am confusing you, I unfortunaly am also a config noob so I am fairly new at it too. But anyway hope that helps a bit.

in reference to the HYK units being updated. You need to make one minor adjustment to your configs.

Now i know many of you have since customized your configs, alot using differnt versions from exploding bodies to performance enhancer. so im gonna explain to you how to make this fix yourself

Ok first step is go to your Y2K3/Bin/OFPY2K3 or Y2K3/Bin/Configs folder. i forget where it was.

there you will see something like Y2K3 Final 6.0.cpp. Open that with notepad. now go to edit, find, search for "Class soldierwb"

on the second line of the soldierwb config you will see this:

hiddenSelections[]={"medic","mic"};

now add holster to is so it reads:

hiddenSelections[]={"medic","mic","holster"};

----------Soldier West Base Fix Complete--------

now find "class SoldierWSniper"

add the following line to the class

hiddenSelections[]={"bhat","beret"};

---------Soldier West Sniper Fix Complete--------

now find "class OfficerW"

add ,"beret" to his hidden selections

now find "class OfficerWNight"

add ,"beret" to his hidden selections as well.

Note: the coma IS part of the code. so it reads ,"beret" in the officers' hidden selections part

--------West Officer and West Officer Night Fix Complete------

that should solve the new bugs introduced in the hyk soldiers (for y2k3ers)

i need to test real quick to make sure thats everything. plus i will add a mirror to his soldiers shortly smile_o.gif

alright folks quick update: the above listed change does work.

its very simple. and i feel that you, the people, are in deed smart enough to acomplish a simple task. well i know your alot smarter but you get the idea smile_o.gif

so theres the directions. the news is posted on Too-Tall Inc and the Y2K3 site

Pappy do i use the version with lsr weapons or the other one? thanks!!

doesnt matter to be honest. if you have the lsr rangers or deltas then i suggest the lsr one. but if you dont then use the jam ones is less of a download for ya

and both require the above change be made to the Y2K3 config (of your choice) to iron out the few new bugs

lil note for Y2K3 users. if your looking for a good time in MP check out the following servers:

=ASP= OFP-COOP SERVER 100MBIT

IP: 194.109.69.209

Port:2302

and my applogies to these guys.. my game froze up for no appernt reason... its evil like that sometimes blues.gif but in any case im sure i would of had a fun time if i coulda stayed longer.

[sSU](Y2K3) espana www.clanssu.es.vg

IP: 62.193.234.160

Port: 2302

these are the only two dedicated servers ive noticed running Y2K3. so hop on over and checkem out

and again i applogise to the SSU boys for my game's actin up like it did, it gets like that in the MP world for some reason. but for the 5 minutes i was there i enjoyed it tounge_o.gif