Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

ok problem fixed, i deleted one addon from my addons folder and the sound returned, silly OFP tounge_o.gif

Just out of curiousity, what was the addon that caused the problem? I could make a note of it in the readme if it proves to be something other than an isolated occurance.

when bullets flying it look like star war's battles biggrin_o.gif

immersive in night... wow_o.gif

Yeah, I used the realisticly colored tracer settings that you see in JAM/most new weapon addons. The Russians favor a yellowish-green tracer while the US/Nato favor redish-orange.

It does look kind of "Starwar-sy." I'm hoping that somebody finds a solution to the "either every shot is a tracer or no shots are tracers" problem that has plauged OFP since 1.0 eventually. I think that it's possible to accomplish more than ever in light of recent developments like Mcar and kegetys' amazing reflective water.

If that's fixed, then we'd just need to solve the problem with the AI not understanding supresive fire and the inability to have more than one turret proxy on a tank and I'd be happy. tounge_o.gif

This is great..lotsa fun I must say.I do get however a black error on the top of the scren when I destroy armour...having to do with burning scripts???...on my test mission I only had the bmp's 1 and 2 VS the m1a2 and bradley (ods) in game...am I missing something?

This is great..lotsa fun I must say.I do get however a black error on the top of the scren when I destroy armour...having to do with burning scripts???...on my test mission I only had the bmp's 1 and 2 VS the m1a2 and bradley (ods) in game...am I missing something?

Nope, you aren't missing anything.

* When crewing armor, you will occasionally experience a bug if your vehicle is destroyed (namely, you may not die and will get a debug message at the top of the screen.) This is a bug in ECP itself, not my config. I'm told that it will be fixed in the next release of ECP.

I would have to rewrite a bunch of ECP scripts in order to fix this, which would be hard since my cursory examination of them didn't reveal the cause of the problem. Zayfod mentioned that the problem has been fixed in the upcoming release of ECP, so there's really no reason for me to even try since ECP's own solution would be much better than what I could come up with.

If it really bothers you, you can always disable the burn effects in ECP for the time being by editing ECP_Settings.sqs in your @ECP directory.

While I haven't actually tested this, changing

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? [ECP_fire_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_fire_enable = true

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? [ECP_fire_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_fire_enable = false

should disable everything pertaining to fire, including the burn script that is causing the errors.

Changing

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? [ECP_fire_random_chance] call ECP_is_null : ECP_fire_random_chance = 0.6

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? [ECP_fire_random_chance] call ECP_is_null : ECP_fire_random_chance = 0

could also potentially solve it just by making sure that things don't catch fire.

salam ! labess arlik kho ?

i love E.ECP  unclesam.gif

salam khay hamdoullah tout va bien !,ecoute, j'ai reussi Å• denicher pour toi les addons que tu souhaitais wink_o.gif parole d'homme tenu wink_o.gif le blem c'est que demain je pars au maroc et je rentre dans 3 semaines, j'ai tout dans ma boite je tenterais de tout t'envoyer depuis un cyber de casa...

Kurayami I prefer 1000 times your mod , because there's 0 % lag !! and it's 100% usuable in mp

thanks again, sorry but EECP mod is the best !

I've just some small suggestions, what do you think about edge résistance soldiers ? wink_o.gif

K,

Please, please, please release the config in .cpp format. I want to change a couple things for my personal use.

Are there any mirrors for the required CSLA pack? I just *can't* seem to get this file from OFP Info  sad_o.gif

*** NOT TO WORRY -COMING DOWN NOW *** biggrin_o.gif

Woooooooohooooooooo. This mod makes ofp much better biggrin_o.gif

Nice pack Kurayami

However ive noticed some probs

I installed all the addons required

one thing i tried the EECP config with both of these addons taking them in and out and still i had issues

There is a confusing thing here

MarineAssaultPack_ECP is the recommended unit in the ECP site list - configured for use with ECP

U had linked MarineAssaultPackF on your readme

Which one does one use?

They appear to be different

Additionally the Bradley pack from the .cz site i downloaded twice and it was corrupted zip file

I found another download link at some obsure site for it

u may want to advice the .cz site

Problems

Ive tried loading up the offical 1985 campaign and it dumps me to windows xp main screen

Also i then tried some single player missions and the helicopter BIS missions works fine

the tank mission for some reason is broken BIS mission - not sure if addons have done this?

I loaded up the ReD Hammer campaign and this works fine.

I went and aborted the mission and it dumped me to windows

The addons seems to work well in game from what i can see - great stuff

I have a GEForce Ti440 , 512 ram, Athlon 1.8

i have followed the instructions as per avon lady memory map etc ages ago and never had any issues

So im not sure why the campaign dumped me like that

ideas?

Also i was using EECP_v0_4 zip originally

i have just downloaded from the forum eecp_v0_4_src

will this change anything?

BTW do u know when the next ECP main release is? Rough idea?

Are u planning on supporting COC artillery addons?

or do they work fine?

And have u made any missions?

Cheers

U had linked MarineAssaultPackF on your readme

Which one does one use?

They appear to be different

I wasn't aware that there were two versions. I use the regular one that I linked to. Unless the class names are renamed (which I doubt since it would break mission compatability,) either version should work fine.

Quote[/b] ]Additionally the Bradley pack from the .cz site i downloaded twice and it was corrupted zip file

I found another download link at some obsure site for it

u may want to advice the .cz site

I just DLed it from one of the ofp.info links and installed it - no problems. I do plan to add various mirrors for each addon in the future, though.

If it was corrupt, you may have a problem with your network adaptor.

Quote[/b] ]Problems

Ive tried loading up the offical 1985 campaign and it dumps me to windows xp main screen

Also i then tried some single player missions and the helicopter BIS missions works fine

the tank mission for some reason is broken BIS mission - not sure if addons have done this?

I loaded up the ReD Hammer campaign and this works fine.

I went and aborted the mission and it dumped me to windows

None of this should be happening. Nobody else has experienced any problems like this, so my advice is to:

1: Reinstall OFP. If it crashes upon loading 1985 but not Red Hammer, it sounds as if there may be a problem with the 85 campaign PBO (RH and 1985 use 99.9% of the same units, so my changes shouldn't cause one to crash and the other to run properly.) Upon reinstalling OFP, install only the addons required for this config, run OFP, and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, you know that the problem was caused by either your old install or an errant addon.

If that doesn't work...

2: Try to reaquire the required addons. I know this isn't fun, but if you did get a corrupted copy of something, it can wreck all hell on everything. Some readmes will list the CRC of the addon PBO (I plan to add this to the readme for reference) - make sure it matches what you actually have.

Sorry, but that's about all that I can offer you. Nobody else has experienced these problems and there's nothing in the config that should cause something like this, especially so erratically.

Quote[/b] ]Also i was using EECP_v0_4 zip originally

i have just downloaded from the forum eecp_v0_4_src

will this change anything?

No. Don't use the cpp to play. It's exactly the same as the binary, it's just uncompiled. Using it will hurt game performance and will cause certain things to behave strangely (you won't be able to use handguns properly, for example.)

Quote[/b] ]BTW do u know when the next ECP main release is? Rough idea?

Nope. But I would guess that it's sometime in the near future since it has been a while since the last one.

Quote[/b] ]Are u planning on supporting COC artillery addons?

or do they work fine?

And have u made any missions?

CoC addons work fine. All addons should work properly while running this.

I've made dozens of missions. I've just never finished any enough for release. tounge_o.gif

Please pardon if this question has been posed before:

Is it acceptable to use the Delta/Ranger 1.55 release in lieu of the 1.50 version outlined in your instructions? Will the use of 1.55 break anything?

Just curious as I'd like to use the latest version possible, but don't wish to break my EECP installation.

Thanks, Kurayami. Your hard work is VERY appreciated. <tip hat>

.:iXnay

I use the delta ranger 1.55 and havent had any problems except being unable tp load the 85 campaign and the odd dump to desktop upon aborting missions

note these missions dont use any ranger addons

everything has been reinstalled so bugger knows what it is

im not reinstaling it all over again

Please pardon if this question has been posed before:

Is it acceptable to use the Delta/Ranger 1.55 release in lieu of the 1.50 version outlined in your instructions? Will the use of 1.55 break anything?

I wasn't even aware that there was a 1.55 version, but I just checked up on it and can report that you should experience absolutely no problems.

The links will be updated in the next release since 1.55 fixes a few problems from 1.5.

Question regarding some of the ECP sounds.

It would appear that the "whiz" sounds of tank shells is missing from EECP (on my install at least). All the other sounds from ECP seem to be present, however.

Is this something that I'm doing incorrectly, or is this due to the 3rd party tanks and their intrinsic sounds?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

It would appear that the "whiz" sounds of tank shells is missing from EECP (on my install at least). All the other sounds from ECP seem to be present, however.

Is this something that I'm doing incorrectly, or is this due to the 3rd party tanks and their intrinsic sounds?

You haven't done anything incorrectly. This is a known bug (it was introduced in 0.3) that I just haven't gotten around to fixing yet (it's caused by the fact that most weapons are now using non-BIS ammo classes.) A fix will be included with in v0.4.1. I just had too many other more serious problems to get out of the way in 0.4.

Rest assured that it's definetely a priority now that 0.4 is out. I really miss the effects myself.

On that note, I have officially begun work on 0.4.1 as of tonight (I took a break to finally finish the FDF and Tonal campaigns over the weekend.) No ETA yet, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

You haven't done anything incorrectly. This is a known bug (it was introduced in 0.3) that I just haven't gotten around to fixing yet (it's caused by the fact that most weapons are now using non-BIS ammo classes.) A fix will be included with in v0.4.1. I just had too many other more serious problems to get out of the way in 0.4.

Rest assured that it's definetely a priority now that 0.4 is out. I really miss the effects myself.

On that note, I have officially begun work on 0.4.1 as of tonight (I took a break to finally finish the FDF and Tonal campaigns over the weekend.) No ETA yet, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Very excellent, sir. Your prompt reply and solution are much appreciated.

Also, what are the chances of tweaking some of the tank sounds a bit? I'm not saying that sigma's sounds are subpar by any stretch, but I noticed that volumes and presence of certain sounds (i.e. main cannon blasts) are somewhat faint. The reload and turrent swivel noises almost drown out the blast on the M1A1(2).

With the sounds from DynamicRange, you KNEW when an M1A1 was firing.... in or out of the tank. Just food for thought in case you hadn't noticed.

Thank you Kurayami!!!

I tweaked the CSLA Mi-24 volume when the config was in beta because you could barely hear it 100 meters away with the default value. So yes, I plan on doing several things like that over time. I completely agree that the M1 sounds a bit muffled when compared with the huge roar of the T-72's cannon.

I have a couple of other sound fixes in the works as well. It's just a matter of priority - I usually save those types of thing for last... Which means that I usually forget about them in the rush to get the version finished in time, but still, they're planned. tounge_o.gif

I just have a general Question about this ECP thing before I download it. Now, does this replace like all of the old BIS soldiers with better looking cold war soldiers, then like better weapons, better US soldiers, stuff like that? Does it change anything else??

And then what about control surfaces to like control soldiers and stuff....its like not much different, right?

I just have a general Question about this ECP thing before I download it. Now, does this replace like all of the old BIS soldiers with better looking cold war soldiers, then like better weapons, better US soldiers, stuff like that? Does it change anything else??
It replaces: soldiers

vehicles

weapons

textures

sound effects

special effects

ballistic values (all tanks use Sigma-6's more realistic armor system)

It fixes errors that BIS made.

It improves realism.

Quote[/b] ]And then what about control surfaces to like control soldiers and stuff....its like not much different, right?
I'm not really sure what you mean. The UI isn't any different. About the only thing that ECP offers over the original OFP in command area is the ability to order soldiers from other groups into your own.

Unfortunetely, it doesn't use any cold war-era units because there are very few available. The vast majority of the original BIS units have modern counterparts, but not cold war-era counterparts.

If we ever see cold war-era units of the same quality as the modern ones that I'm using now, I plan to make a 1985 version of the config for purists.

Just use the good soldier models from today, just edit a few things to make em look like tight and shit

Get cheekey to make some weapons too for you!

~Bmg

Even if I were to do that (which I couldn't since I'm a horrible texture artist and a worse modeler,) like I said in the other thread, that only solves a small part of the problem. Even with '80s Russian soldiers, you'd still be missing about 60% of the units needed to do an authentic '80s config at this point. What's the point of doing it if you can only do it half right? It would take a lot more than one person to get an '80s initiative off of the ground. I'd like to see it, but I don't think we will before OFP 2 comes out.

BTW K why did you not add in the CLSA transport planes which are really nice and unique.

Transport air craft add atmosphere and realism to the game so i was wondering if u ever intend on adding them in.

ALso if u can throw in Barons tweaks to your update if u can.

His new changes are awesome.

Regardless of all this nice work and I appreciate you taking the time to do this .

BTW K why did you not add in the CLSA transport planes which are really nice and unique.

Transport air craft add atmosphere and realism to the game so i was wondering if u ever intend on adding them in.

I agree that they're great units, but what am I supposed to use them to replace? There are no fixed-wing transport aircraft in the default OFP (which is kind of silly since transport aircraft are a major part of any war effort, but I digress.)

Quote[/b] ]ALso if u can throw in Barons tweaks to your update if u can.

His new changes are awesome.

I agree. It's my understanding that they'll be incorporated into the next full release of ECP. I'm not planning on incorporating them into my config until that time.

However, that doesn't mean that I won't. It's on my "to do" list, but it's down near the bottom since it will be done by the ECP team themselves eventually. If I get there before they release it, I'll toss it in, but I have a lot of other things planned before I reach that point.

Quote[/b] ]Regardless of all this nice work and I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

No problem. The only reason that I started doing this was because I got sick of seeing great addons with no missions to support them.

...then i just kind of got a little carried away and made it into something much bigger than I had ever intended. But rest assured that I do it as much for myself as anybody else. tounge_o.gif

By the way: I incorporated some new surprises into v0.4.1 tonight... I think that people will be pleased when they get their hands on it.