Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Hi, there.

Almost a month since you released preview version.

Yeah, I know It's a quite hard and difficult work.

I really respect your amazin' work.

I'd jump through a hoop for you.hehe

My bad to say that But I can't wait next release!!

All other guys and me can't live without E-ecp.

Please,Give me a drop of water.

Anything news?

Hi, there.

Almost a month since you released preview version.

Yeah, I know It's a quite hard and difficult work.

I really respect your amazin' work.

I'd jump through a hoop for you.hehe

My bad to say that But I can't wait next release!!

All other guys and me can't live without E-ecp.

Please,Give me a drop of water.

Anything news?

Patience, grasshopper. tounge_o.gif

Rest assured that I've been working hard on it. I'm still waiting for Maa to get everything worked out, so that is the biggest hold up at the moment. In the meantime I am getting everything else straightened up and polished so that as soon as Maa comes through, I can get the next version out quickly.

I don't think that anybody will be dissapointed. This has turned into the largest update yet, and there will be a couple of surprises in it that I haven't mentioned yet. Since I haven't been very accurate at forcasting release dates in the past, take this with a grain of salt, but I would say that I should have it released "sometime this week." Once I get the CSLA stuff sorted out, there isn't much else to do other than tie up loose ends and test it all out.

Quote[/b] ]nd there will be a couple of surprises in it that I haven't mentioned yet

We are crossing fingers smile_o.gif

Hooray!

Thx for the nice 411.

I was glad to hear that, Kurayami.

You're dope!

Keep up ya good work. biggrin_o.gif

Just figured I'd toss you guys another update since I'm nearing something that's ready for release. I just finished getting Rudedog's latest incarnation of the Bradlies in (including his new crew. It's a good thing that I haven't released this yet or else I'd have had to do three patches by now. tounge_o.gif)

What's left to do:

*Tidy up a few scripts.

*I have a lot of work to do with the weapons, which I've been saving for last since it's kind of tedious. The good news is that I have fixed the incorrect item icon bug and preserved 100% compatibility with BIS and user-made missions while doing it.

*Track down and fix a sound bug that I have yet to be able to figure out.

*Finish getting the CSLA stuff implemented. I have a base implementation, but I'm still waiting to hear from Maa in order to get a full implementation. If I don't hear from him within a week, I'll release what I currently have. It will, however, require the entire CSLA mod to be downloaded and will not have any of the neater scripts working. That is worst case, though. I imagine everything will be sorted out before then, and even if it isn't, I'll release a new version as soon as it is.

*A bunch of miscellaneous small things that are no big deal but still need to be done.

The biggest problem is the sound bug. I haven't devoted more than 20 minutes trying to fix it yet since it's fairly isolated, but I fear I'm going to have to go through CfgAmmo line-by-line to find the problem, which I'm not looking forward to.

I think I'll make my week deadline.

Oh, and if you guys haven't checked out llauma's new sky yet, make sure that you do. I almost forgot that I was supposed to be testing the Bradley config after I installed it.

Quote[/b] ]Finish getting the CSLA stuff implemented. I have a base implementation, but I'm still waiting to hear from Maa in order to get a full implementation. If I don't hear from him within a week, I'll release what I currently have. It will, however, require the entire CSLA mod to be downloaded and will not have any of the neater scripts working. That is worst case, though. I imagine everything will be sorted out before then, and even if it isn't, I'll release a new version as soon as it is.

ghostface.gif  crazy_o.gif hell no !!!!!!!!!! you can get it from pappy's pack with his autorisation off course...you can get all csla things(ex:csla_car...)

you know I prefer your mod because you've no bugs !! and everythings turn right !! thank you very much... smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

ghostface.gifcrazy_o.gif hell no !!!!!!!!!! you can get it from pappy's pack with his autorisation off course...you can get all csla things(ex:csla_car...)

you know I prefer your mod because you've no bugs !! and everythings turn right !! thank you very much... smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

The last time that I checked, he didn't have everything that I needed. I'll wait for Maa.

Besides, even if I do release it like that, it will only be temporary until I can get everything straightened out (and mostly because people have been waiting for a long time. It has been over a month since my last release.) Once everything is taken care of, there will be a small PBO that contains only what is needed for my config. If somebody doesn't want to DL the whole CSLA mod, then they shouldn't have to wait long for a fixed version.

ghostface.gifcrazy_o.gif hell no !!!!!!!!!! you can get it from pappy's pack with his autorisation off course...you can get all csla things(ex:csla_car...)

you know I prefer your mod because you've no bugs !! and everythings turn right !! thank you very much... smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

The last time that I checked, he didn't have everything that I needed. I'll wait for Maa.

Besides, even if I do release it like that, it will only be temporary until I can get everything straightened out (and mostly because people have been waiting for a long time. It has been over a month since my last release.) Once everything is taken care of, there will be a small PBO that contains only what is needed for my config. If somebody doesn't want to DL the whole CSLA mod, then they shouldn't have to wait long for a fixed version.

Besides this mod is better supported thus why you get more bang for the buck with it. And more than likely to get everything out of CLSA guys here working how its supposed to work. Main reason they are quiet cause they are working on CLSA III. So the priority will be on their own work over working on somebodies elses stuff. But fear not Maa will take care of it once he is free to do so.

Besides this mod is better supported thus why you get more bang for the buck with it. And more than likely to get everything out of CLSA guys here working how its supposed to work. Main reason they are quiet cause they are working on CLSA III. So the priority will be on their own work over working on somebodies elses stuff. But fear not Maa will take care of it once he is free to do so.

They're going to have to work hard to outdo themselves. IMO the CSLA BMPs are some of the best looking vehicles that I've seen in any game. They did an amazing job. It's a shame that there are only a few BMP commander missions because they deserve much more use.

Anyway, I've been trying to get as much as possible done with the CSLA stuff by myself so as not to bother Maa. I just spent the last hour and a half going through textures and removing everything that I'm not using from csla_air.pbo. I've trimmed it from 54MB down to 5.01MB. It may get even smaller if I find that I missed a few uneeded textures.

I also had some interesting ideas about other things while I was testing tonight. I'll have to do some more testing in order to see if they pan out, which is why I'm not being specific (they may not work out and there's no reason to get anyone's hopes up if that's the case.) I've had to start writing notes in order to keep track of my ideas since I can only focus on so much at once. And to think that a month ago I was having trouble thinking of anything additional to add to this.

Hi Kurayami,

I'm very sorry for delay but my hardisk crashed and I was out for few days sad_o.gif

I have finished promised "light" addons for you but I have very slow connection to internet from home. I will upload these addons in monday at afternoon.

(P.S. If somebody knows about good utility to repair dammaged FAT table then plz send me PM. Thanx.)

Sounds good. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your hard disk. I've had that happen a few times and have lost a lot of things that I hadn't backed up over the years.

@maa : i heard about a tool called "PArtition Table Doctor" but i didn't check it yet...

PTD website

Quote[/b] ]MP5..............................BAS MP5SD Aimpoint

May I suggest one thing?

Please use any other gun than MP5. It is great but in most cases it is useless in open areas such as OFP. It is CBQ 9mm weapon. Even here in Poland, Polish AT police start to use 5.56 G36C as a standard. Use M4sd or INQ G36Csd. It is more realistic as a rifle ammo against pistol ammo.

Quote[/b] ]MP5..............................BAS MP5SD Aimpoint

May I suggest one thing?

Please use any other gun than MP5. It is great but in most cases it is useless in open areas such as OFP. It is CBQ 9mm weapon. Even here in Poland, Polish AT police start to use 5.56 G36C as a standard. Use M4sd or INQ G36Csd. It is more realistic as a rifle ammo against pistol ammo.

Indeed, the open enviroments of OFP are not the ideal places to use 9mm silenced SMGs. I gave the Black Op (Day) the M4A1 ACOG (SD) for that very reason in the coming revision. I also have the Spetsnaz using the AKS-74U Cobra (SD) to even things out. These were some of the earliest changes that I made in the coming revision, but I guess that I hadn't mentioned them yet. tounge_o.gif

The BAS MP5 Aimpoint still replaces the BIS HK class, though. The normal Black Op still weilds it (mostly because it's a good counterpart for the Bizon,) but I've been considering outfitting them with the M4 by default well. Aside from that, any of the other Black Op classes defined in config.bin have M4s.

Well looks like I might bite the bullet and try installing ECP now that it seems stable. Been very busy working on a slew of addons like the CBT BRadely packs and the humvee pack, as well as a few dozen east side addons armored and rotory winged. as I was babling about a few things on CLSA and WGL mod, wonder if your seperated classes of units effects when they are destroyed? And the old tail rotor failure scripts commonly dropped on the other mods. Used to pull my hairr out in CLSa mod when your vehicle die and you manage to bail out of it you get killed by a secondary explossion. Even on the BAS KLR250 or the BMX trick bike, thank fully its fixed. Even fixed so wheeled vehicles often just catch fire and burn realisticly. WGL still kinda has the problem of exploding jeeps by MG fire.. Just something to consider, it was the part of the things I used to like, can alwasy try to remember how to make it work on top of the mod directly with a trigger like it used to. Some of BAS and DKM birds have it installed on them but the config mods offten override effects and such for overall balance in game play.

Well looks like I might bite the bullet and try installing ECP now that it seems stable. Been very busy working on a slew of addons like the CBT BRadely packs and the humvee pack, as well as a few dozen east side addons armored and rotory winged. as I was babling about a few things on CLSA and WGL mod, wonder if your seperated classes of units effects when they are destroyed? And the old tail rotor failure scripts commonly dropped on the other mods. Used to pull my hairr out in CLSa mod when your vehicle die and you manage to bail out of it you get killed by a secondary explossion. Even on the BAS KLR250 or the BMX trick bike, thank fully its fixed. Even fixed so wheeled vehicles often just catch fire and burn realisticly. WGL still kinda has the problem of exploding jeeps by MG fire.. Just something to consider, it was the part of the things I used to like, can alwasy try to remember how to make it work on top of the mod directly with a trigger like it used to. Some of BAS and DKM birds have it installed on them but the config mods offten override effects and such for overall balance in game play.

You won't have to worry about being killed when a UAZ or HMMWV is destroyed in ECP. They burn, but they don't explode in such a way that kills everything within ten meters.

As far as my config goes, I disable any scripts or eventhandlers from the addons that I'm using that would conflict with ECP. You won't find two burn scripts running or anything like that.

I have some good news. After putting about 12 hours worth of work into the config over this weekend, I have come up with something that is working and contains all of the features that I had planned for this version. As of five minutes ago, the closed beta began with a handful of testers.

Providing that no massive bugs are found (and I get the CSLA stuff taken care of,) the public release will be in a few days.

I think that this is a week to the day that I made my "one week" declaration. I guess that I can be on time occasionally.

Hi, Kurayami.

Recently my damn PC was crashed sad_o.gif

So,I reinstalled all of OFP including E-ecp.

though, I got always error massage in some missions using T-55.

like this " cannot load mission, missing addons:rhs_t55pack"

I didn't rember any error before.

But I think install is a collect.

Do you know what's this about?

Yup. You'lll need to install everything in the T-55 pack. All of the addons in it are dependent on one another, so you'll get an error even if you're missing one.

Please for your next release can you make a full version , you regroup all addons in one pack with an installer...

Very happy to learn that we'll have many surprises !!

good luck , waiting your release, I hope that it will be for today biggrin_o.gif

Downloaded all required addons again as you said.

And Now it works fine!

Seem like I forgot something...

Anyway, Thank you guys smile_o.gif

Please for your next release can you make a full version , you regroup all addons in one pack with an installer...

I have no plans to do this. Why? For several reasons.

1: About 80% of the addons that I'm using are "community standards" and there's no reason to have people download them twice since they most likely already have them.

2: Doing this would mean that I would have to do one of two things as I update the config.

2A: Update the package with each release. This would complicate install procedures for those that don't want to redownload it with with each release ("what am I missing?") and would generally be a headache for me. I could alleviate that headache by only releasing the config with the package, but I think that would annoy a lot of people.

2B: Periodically release other packages containing more addons. Eventually we'd have the core config with 20 other packages floating around that people may or may not need. Things would get messy and confusing.

3: I'd need to get permission from all parties involved, which could take a while and would be a headache to keep track of on top of everything else.

I think it's simpler the way that I'm doing it now. I provide links to everything needed in the readme (which will be HTML in 0.4 to further simplify things,) so it's not like anybody should have trouble tracking things down.

More good news: I just sent off the second beta to my testers. This addresses all outstanding bugs. Providing that they don't come across anything else, the release is a go for sometime between Thursday morning and Friday evening.