Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

I've did what you've sade me but it doesn't work !!!  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

please help me !!!

I have the good version of the dynamic range and I have all good bis addons !!

And I really don't know why it doesn't work?? crazy_o.gif

some news kurayami?      rock.gif

if pappy and kurayami with ecp team and the wgl work together without forget the fdf and the goldmember , ofp 1 will be ofp 9  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I'm still waiting on a few people.

I'm talking to Shadow NX about RHS' configs. Hopefully this will be resolved within a few days. When it is, expect a release. Shadow NX has also given me permission to fully incorporate all of RHS' future releases, which was nice of him. I plan to take advantage of that in the future.

I'm also waiting on Sigma-6 for some information regarding his Russian armor. I'm not sure when I'll get it, but if I don't get it before the next release is ready, I'll just add it to a future one rather than hold up the current one.

can u guys make ecp bas delta\rangers addons compatible plz.....

just to tell you guys what i did to install the eECP... i just copied and renamed the standard @ECP folder to @eECP, exchanged the config and also copied my "old" ECP shortcut and changed the -mod=@ECP to -mod@eECP ... works fine and i can switch whenever i want to..

How is BAS' stuff incompatible with ECP?

just to tell you guys what i did to install the eECP... i just copied and renamed the standard @ECP folder to @eECP, exchanged the config and also copied my "old" ECP shortcut and changed the -mod=@ECP to -mod@eECP ... works fine and i can switch whenever i want to..

That's definetely a good way to do it if you want to switch back to normal ECP for multiplayer. Maybe I'll update the instructions to include that.

Do the required addons for this ECP formaat need to go in the ECP addons DIR or the Standard OP FLASHPOINT addon folders?

As im getting error / config bin messages and the missions dont load that normally did prior.

All the addons are in the correct standard addon folders.

They can go in either. It doesn't matter as long as -mod=(foldernamecontainingaddons) is appended to the OFP shortcut if the required addons aren't in the base OFP addon directory.

You're the first person to report problems like this, so I don't think it's the config alone. What are the errors specifically? Give them to me and I'll look into it.

Hey, Kurayamai!

I love ur eecp.But I've been waitng for quite a long time since you

released latest ver.So,I was just wondering about when are you going to release the next version?or is that still working progress?

Sorry 'bout my complain....

cheer up!

Shadow NX is in the process of emailing me what I need. If I get it today, I'll try to have the next version out either today or tomorrow.

This has taken longer than I had intended. Sorry to anyone that has been waiting.

How is BAS' stuff incompatible with ECP?

That's definetely a good way to do it if you want to switch back to normal ECP for multiplayer. Maybe I'll update the instructions to include that.

like one of the ecp features that u cant just make any bas units join your group, like default ofp units

always waiting you kurayami crazy_o.gifblues.gifunclesam.gif

Me too. Apparently there was a miscommunication and I only wound up with half of what I needed.

Any day now (I've been saying that for a while.) I could have released what I had a couple of weeks ago, but I don't want to release something until I consider it "complete" for its current stage of development. Once I have this last little bit, I'll consider this stage complete.

like one of the ecp features that u cant just make any bas units join your group, like default ofp units
Oh. I've never noticed.

But, no. I won't be doing anything about that. I don't want to mess with any of the core ECP code too terribly much because I plan on keeping this current with future ECP releases. Having to scruitinize each release to see what changes the ECP guys have have made themselves would quickly become more time-consuming than I'd like, and I guarantee that any solution to any given problem that they could come up with would be about a hundred times better than mine.

Thanks Kurayami.

ill have a look at whats happenning.

ill prob delete my folders and reinstall everything

I originally found those tank packs u added in - cant remember which pack it was

WHen i originally installed one of those packs ages ago there was a config error.

It could be the addon pack.

I know one of those tanks specifically was buggered - some config error.

In addition General Barrons tweaks he is doing to the distance / accuracy shooting (latest beta config ) - has that been incorporated into your ecp patch?

What is this by the way a different ECP version?- u two should have one subject - and both going under that so you both know whats going on and keep it to one version

ALso I just noticed those nice AI mortars and spotter addons that work quite well on the forum here in the latest subject posts - that could be a good addon for ECP.

GAZ.

I just discovered this on the forums and I can not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHHAHAHHA THIS IS SOOO GREAT. Ive sent Emails to every OFP site about this. I was getting so sick of everyone whining about WGL and singleplayer, and here I am, playing this amazing thing. I love it so much that I am replaying the entire campaign. One problem though....

No vehicle sounds are working. Got DR sounds and everything. Everything else works, but helos, trucks, u name it, its like theyre in stealth mode, and theres no engine running. Any ideas what I should do?

I originally found those tank packs u added in - cant remember which pack it was

WHen i originally installed one of those packs ages ago there was a config error.

It could be the addon pack.

I know one of those tanks specifically was buggered - some config error.

As far as I know, none of the addons have any config errors. I know the RHS T-64 has an error, but I'm not using that ATM.

You really shouldn't be getting any errors at all. If you see it again, copy it down and post it.

Quote[/b] ]In addition General Barrons tweaks he is doing to the distance / accuracy shooting (latest beta config ) - has that been incorporated into your ecp patch?
No. I considered it, but in the end I decided to wait until it's put into an official ECP build. Again, the reason is because th ECP crew will more than likely update that aspect of the config on numerous occasions and I don't want to fall behind because I'm not monitoring every aspect of their config in each release. What I have now would be pretty easy to port over to another ECP version. All That I need to do is paste it into the future config. I don't have to worry about checking to see if they've made any changes, and I'd like to keep it that way.

That said, with the response to General Barron's changes, I suspect that they will be incorporated into the next official ECP build, and into my own config by extension.

Quote[/b] ]What is this by the way a different ECP version?- u two should have one subject - and both going under that so you both know whats going on and keep it to one version
I'm not a member of the ECP team or anything (though, if they ever want to, I welcome them to incorporate anything I've done into official builds.) It would be confusing to have two seperate configs in one thread.
Quote[/b] ]ALso I just noticed those nice AI mortars and spotter addons that work quite well on the forum here in the latest subject posts - that could be a good addon for ECP.
I'll take a look at it, but I'm not sure how I could incorporate them to work with normal missions not intended to make use of them.

I just discovered this on the forums and I can not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHHAHAHHA THIS IS SOOO GREAT. Ive sent Emails to every OFP site about this. I was getting so sick of everyone whining about WGL and singleplayer, and here I am, playing this amazing thing. I love it so much that I am replaying the entire campaign.
Thanks.
Quote[/b] ]No vehicle sounds are working. Got DR sounds and everything. Everything else works, but helos, trucks, u name it, its like theyre in stealth mode, and theres no engine running. Any ideas what I should do?
This does sound like a Dynamic Range issue...

Do you have all of the Dynamic Range packs from the ECP site? In the ECP\Addons directory (or the same directory tree that this config is in?) You need them all for everything to have sound.

If everything is in order, I'm not sure what I can suggest beyond redownloading and reinstalling the DR stuff.

I will have a non-dynamic range version out with the next release, so you could also just sit tight and wait for that to see if it solves your problem. I'm hoping to get it out on Monday -- I talked to ShadowNX and he said that he's going to try to get me the last thing that I need this weekend, and if he does, I'll get it in, get it tested, and release it ASAP.

But don't take that as a promise with the way that things have been going.

Kurayami, i just reinstalled the DR sound PBO's. It works perfectly now. Im sorry i wasted your time, i shoulda realized what the problem was. Anyway, I am enjoying the release even more now. Keep up the good work!

*edit: If you downloaded this and found config.cpp instead of config.bin in the RAR, you'll need to redownload it. Don't use the .cpp to play or else you will experience a number of problems.

v0.3 released

Yes, one month and one day later, after several delays, it's finally released. I got what I needed from RHS this morning and finally finished this up.

Quote[/b] ]Revision History

-----------------------------------------

0.3 04/28/04

Bug fixes:

M1 model was M1A1, changed to M1A2

Models:

M72 LAW : BAS M136 AT4

RPG-nh75 : Suchey and Earl RPG-16d

UH-60, UH-60MG : BAS UH-60L

Russian grenadier : Suchey and Earl Russian Naval Infantry grenadier

Russian medic : Suchey and Earl Russian combat medic

M2 (East) : VIT KORD 12.7mm HMG

Realism:

AK47CZ renamed to Sa vz.58

Gameplay:

Res T-54 now matches RHS' config in all respects including armament and armor. Uses RHS' sounds. Random number script currently not working.

East & West Grenadiers now equipped with Suchey & Earl's grenade vests

M1 now matches Sigma-6's config in all respects including armament and armor. Uses Sigma-6's sounds. Renamed in-game to M1A2.

M60 now matches Sigma-6's config in all respects including armament and armor. Renamed in-game to M60A3.

AT4 matches BAS config

RPG-16d matches Suchey and Earl config. Uses S&E sounds.

UH-60L Matches BAS config. Uses BAS' sounds. All BAS scripts retain except for those dealing with insertion and extraction. All BAS eventhandlers remain except those that conflict with ECP.

KORD HMG matches Vit's config. Uses Vit's sounds.

Misc:

Sigma-6's pertinent ammo classes added to class CfgAmmo

Sigma-6's pertinent weapon classes added to class CfgWeapons

RHS' pertinent ammo classes added to class CfgAmmo

RHS' pertinent weapon classes added to class CfgWeapons

BAS' pertinent ammo classes added to class CfgAmmo

BAS' pertinent weapon classes added to class CfgWeapons

Known bugs:

Sa vz.58 is named AK-47 when loaded - as far as I know, there's no way to fix this without giving it a new magazine and thus rendering it useless in any of the original campaigns.

ECP whiz-by sounds are not working for added ammo classes.

-----------------------------------------

The fist post has been updated with links to the new units.

Some notes:

This version still requires Dynamic Range. Expect a non-DR version shortly.

BAS' insertion/extraction scripts have been disabled on the UH-60. I did this because testing showed that this could cause some problems in missions not meant to use this feature. All other animations/scripts (save for those that conflict with ECP) have been retained.

Both the UH-60 and UH-60MG have been replaced by the BAS UH-60L. I couldn't think of any BIS missions that required you to actually destroy armor with the UH-60, so that is why I did this.

RHS' T-54 retains all of its scripts except for the fire script (conflicts with ECP's own) and the random number script. As far as this goes, I can't do anything about it because, after pulling apart the config and scripts, I found that the script depends upon RHS' class names in class cfgvehicles - this means that I can't make use of it without changing their script. If I continue to run into this problem in the future, I may create a (small) script PBO containing modified versions of scripts provided by addon makers -- with their permission, of course.

The T-54 also retains the ability to carry 9 men in cargo as long as there is no gunner. I have not extensively tested this in the original missions, but I don't forsee it causing any problems. If somebody finds that it does, please post about it so that I can take a look at it.

AKM74's KORD replaces the "M2 (East)" because Russians using an M2 is stupid. This could possibly cause problems in missions that had the original M2 in very confined places (like one of the fortress statics,) but I didn't find anything that kept it from firing. If anybody finds this to be a big problem in some mission, let me know.

Wouldn't it be better to use VITAPC's DSHK MG instead of the KORD. If not, the KORD has been updated in the VITAPC pack.

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to bundle allt the required addons into one zip or rar (like pappy did with his Y2K3 mod). It makes it a lot easier for people to find and use

thanks for the new version Kurayami, i just dloaded this new one and its a config.cpp thats inside .rar, shouldnt it be a config.bin file?

Wouldn't it be better to use VITAPC's DSHK MG instead of the KORD. If not, the KORD has been updated in the VITAPC pack.
He has a DShK? I thought it only had the KORD and NSV? I'll have to look at the latest version.

My reason for not using that pack's KORD was because I didn't think that a single machinegun really justified a 20MB download for somebody.

Quote[/b] ]Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to bundle allt the required addons into one zip or rar (like pappy did with his Y2K3 mod). It makes it a lot easier for people to find and use
This would be a good idea, but it would require me to have webspace with enough bandwidth to handle such a large download, which isn't free.

Also, I suspect that a lot of addon makers would object to having people rip what they need out of their PBOs, make new ones, and offer them elsewhere.

thanks for the new version Kurayami, i just dloaded this new one and its a config.cpp thats inside .rar, shouldnt it be a config.bin file?

Ugh. Always the smallest things...

Thanks for pointing it out. Redownload the RAR and you'll get the .bin.