Ex-RoNiN

Happy st. patricks day!

I missed the big parade in Munich, so this will have to do wink_o.gif

Happy St. Patricks Day lads smile_o.gif

stpatcard.gif

guinness.jpg

leprachaun.gif

0892%20FL%20St.%20Patrick

Ex-RoNiN!, you of all people should know what happened to the last person who dared to post pictures of a green-clothed man in pointy boots around here....... ghostface.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gif

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Happy St Patrick's day!Good excuse to go out and get drunk with my Irish girlfriend biggrin_o.gif

the only St. day i care about is the St. Bénédicte .... ;)

(in case none of you knew, Bénédicte is my wife, her day was last Tuesday)

We don't have enough special days to get drunk for. sad_o.gif

Oh wait.. we do. It's called Friday.

Bah humbug. Though, quite coincidentally, I did buy a twelve pack of Bass Ale last night. How convenient. smile_o.gif

We don't have enough special days to get drunk for.  sad_o.gif

If it ends in a "Y" it must be a good day for drinking  wink_o.gif

picserver.jpeg

Pappy Daint Hatricks Say!!!

We don't have enough special days to get drunk for.  sad_o.gif

If it ends in a "Y" it must be a good day for drinking  wink_o.gif

couldnt agree more

I recommend green tea ice cream, leaf-wrapped matsuzaka beef, and melon soda for the asian audiences. An extra flake of kombu on the miso for the miserly. smile_o.gif

If only I drank... maybe I'll start tonight tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I recommend green tea ice cream, leaf-wrapped matsuzaka beef

Snob biggrin_o.gif

I had noodles and Starkbier, a beer with 12 percent alcohol especially brewed for the time from carnival to eastern biggrin_o.gif

Very effictive weapon of brain destruction.

Bals singning out. Totally out of order

soldier2.gif

i had good time today. went to this new place called O'Sama's. pretty neat place to go. tounge_o.gif

"The Legend has it that St. Patrick drove all of snakes out of Ireland......and sent them to Law school."

-David Letterman

Funny thing about St Patricks day.

Everyone who celebrates it down here in an Irish pub wears a plastic hat with a 4 leafed clover (shamrock??) on it. Walk into an Irish pub in Ireland with it, and you'd be lucky to survive with your teeth intact, or so I've been told!!! tounge_o.gif

lol, maybe. But I have to admit, I'm not big on St Patricks day, the lucky charms or any of the other shananigans that go with it. Just the excuse to drink tounge_o.gif

It has now been scientifically proven. Bubbles in a guiness do indeed float downwards, its not just some illusion.

People have been trying to solve this for ages on various pubs'n'bars now, but now students from Edingburgh and Stanford university have proven the tale. Who said beer isnt science?

Quote[/b] ]At last - proof that Guinness bubbles sink

LONDON (Reuters) - People celebrating St Patrick's Day today can cross one topic of conversation off their lists.

Guinness bubbles really do sink.

Scientists say they have finally proved that the dark stout's creamy bubbles defy expectations and flow down instead of upwards.

"Our group carried out preliminary experiments at a local pub a few years ago, but the results proved inconclusive," said Dr Andrew Alexander, from the University of Edinburgh's School of Chemistry.

They first thought the dark liquid flowing down as a pint was poured gave the illusion the bubbles were going down as well.

Now close examination has revealed that, as a pint settles, bubbles touching the walls of the glass experience drag, similar to that a person feels sliding their finger along glass, and that prevents them floating up.

The bubbles in the middle however, are free to rise, creating a circular flow within the glass that causes bubbles at the edge to be pushed downwards on the inside surface of the glass.

The Edinburgh team, working with researchers at Stanford University in California have produced high-speed video footage of the sinking bubbles -- to put at rest the minds of any drinkers who might have felt they were seeing things.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm....uinness

I've merged the Guinness bubble thread in here, it's not really a story that can be discussed beyond mild interest but it does fit with the St. Patricks thing smile_o.gif