Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Zil-131 pack v1

SF Pack 1.00 is a "dead" project. But now ORCS Studios develops new infantry texturizing technology - Laser's tech. ver. 2.0, based on partial bodyparts texturing. Perhaps SF pack will be updated in this process...

GRAD 122mm RSZO:

grad2.jpg

Nice trucks,

Yes please, I'll take a GRAD over easy, with ketchup smile_o.gif

Guys, TOO BIG? wtf?? I currently have some 5.5 gigs of OFP addons, and room for at least another 6 gigs, Harddrives are CHEAP.

<for that matter, my last CPU/Mobo upgrade was to a 1.4Ghz for $107 USD including S&H>

Try Pricewatch.com you don't need to tolerate a crappy computer :P

Nice trucks,

Yes please, I'll take a GRAD over easy, with ketchup smile_o.gif

Guys, TOO BIG? wtf?? I currently have some 5.5 gigs of OFP addons, and room for at least another 6 gigs, Harddrives are CHEAP.

<for that matter, my last CPU/Mobo upgrade was to a 1.4Ghz for $107 USD including S&H>

That wasnt the point being made.

the point is the more addons we stuff the higher the RAM we ALSO need to load it all up inside OFP otherwise OFP coughs and chokes up wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]a ZIL-131GRAD truck

The GRAD system is mounted on ZILs rock.gif i think only on URALs

I also thought that Grads come only on Urals but still it will be good. How are you going to make it work? Is the truck going to behave as tank or is the rocket launcher scripted COC

style?

Edit: FAS.org says that BM-21B "Grad" is a BM-21 rocket launcher mounted on Zil-131 truck and basic version is mounted on Ural truck. Dam I have been waiting and hoping fo this a long time.

Please release it quick for the sake of my mental stability. tounge_o.gif

Damn these ZIL trucks lag like hell for me inside the cabin and outside too crazy_o.gif

What sort of textures are they using or is the model too poly/high ? I have a good PC so why is that they are LAGing so much?

And RAM is cheaper than a hard drive,

But, if it's such a bother, simply don't use it, not like the lack of a truck is going to pooch your mission, right?

We are planning to do this by scripts. No units you kill with GRAD will not be marked in your Results, but this doesn't a mistake - no one goes to the GRAD firepoint after attack to discover some enemy bodies.

BM-21 is based on Ural, yeah, but in Russia everything bases on everything.. when it needed)))

And RAM is cheaper than a hard drive,

But, if it's such a bother, simply don't use it, not like the lack of a truck is going to pooch your mission, right?

Excuse me i got 512 (@266MHZ) MB DDR RAM so it isnt too low or slow for a game like OFP , i mean i amnot playing Doom 3 here blues.gif

I dont mind goodlooking addons which are big in size as long as they dont lag like hell , making playing impossible with a few units.

These trucks lag as hell, while I can play with stuf like the BAS blackhawks and Pavehawks without lag at all. And these trucks are not better textured than those choppers.

I have 1.53ghz, 1536 mb DDR ram @266mhz and a 64mb video card. Not the best but certainly not a bad system. I had lag using only one truck. Only in first person view, btw.

These are very nice trucks, though.

Kinda weird I'm using PIII 600 with a 64 meg vid card. and had no lag on Nagova letting ViTs APCs follow it in a convoy that was ambushed by VIT resistance units. Other than it getting stuck on the bridge, and turning green at 100 yards. Because the textures didn't go down to the lower lods. Suffered no performance hit even destroyed the truck and no ctd.

Of course the driver jumped out shooting while was busy attacking the truck and blew me away. Left spining in circles cause the AI don't understand the bridge.

Quote[/b] ]SF Pack 1.00 is a "dead" project. But now ORCS Studios develops new infantry texturizing technology - Laser's tech. ver. 2.0, based on partial bodyparts texturing. Perhaps SF pack will be updated in this process...

Ok I'm trying to figure out what is implied by that.

In unequivocal terms. Does this mean.

A: It's dead because the textures weren't up to your... really high standards. Or was it something else? If they are lower detail than your previous units I'd be more inclined to use them.

B: Does this this new texturizing technology mean the addons will be higher detail (run worse)?

I'm not sure I'd care if they were being updated if that mean't their detail was being knocked up even higher.

Quote[/b] ]Nice trucks,

Yes please, I'll take a GRAD over easy, with ketchup

Buying stuff off the net seems kinda dodgy to me. I'll stick to places around here, because at least if it doesn't work properly I can make a huge scene and perhaps get some cooperation out of them. When buying things on the net I'd imagine it'd be harder to find out the exact components that are in your PC. Good god. You wouldn't want to find out you got some shitty MX nividia video card or an SIS motherboard.

Secondly. RDRAM is -not- cheap at all. One stick of it would cost approximately as much as three sticks of DDR in most places.

First, I won't use RDRAM, <no more INTEL slavery, join the revolution>

Second, I have, at present, 6 functioning computers at home,

<1 for each family member> upgrading these at your local CompUsa on a more than "once in a blue moon" basis would be prohibitively costly.

You use the ratings system at Pricewatch to get the most reliable dealers at the best price, I'll admit I've been burned a few times, mostly because I went for lowest price without checking them out,

But all in all, 6 computers, the slowest runs at 1.2Ghz, the fastest clocks 1.4, none of them have less than 60Gb of HD space, and I think my youngest girl runs the weakest vid card

<GF2> not that she really needs better yet <she's 4>

And please note at under $50K a year, I'm not to be considered wealthy by any means.

To me the benefits outweigh the risks.

All I'm sayin

Oh, and btw,

Pricewatch is quoting $188USD for 512Mb of SamSung RDRAM, so if ya gotta have it, why pay more? smile_o.gif

I won't use RDRAM any more because of the price. It is however a lot faster than DDR ram.

This however is not outweighing the fact that it's bloody expensive, and that it has a tendency to fail more often than DDR ram.

I know of plenty of pentium mainboards that don't require RDRAM. I don't know how that constitutes slavery on their part.

I plan on buying a new motherboard/ram/proc entirely. Along with a new power supply since mine is a bit lacking (by about 50 or so mhz).

New texturizing technology is a method of "realistic skin" texturation. Without "color jumps", broken polys or smthg. Soft and hi-res texture. I call it "concrete texturing".

but textures for infantry will not go over 512*512 size. That's right.

SF pack is a "dead" project , 'cause we have another way for now.

Well good luck with that then Denorc. I must say I'm at least interested to see what the results are from that technology. Regardless of if I can put the addon to practical use.

After test series, new models lag a little bit more, than BIS ones, but less, than VDV 1.5 pack models.

Thats strange, the vehicles run perfet on my computer, 1.3ghz 312mb RAM 64mb GFX Card. But then i did trick the ofp settings into believeing i had a CPU benchmark of 5326

Quote[/b] ]After test series, new models lag a little bit more, than BIS ones, but less, than VDV 1.5 pack models.

Hm.. rock.gif Keep us posted.

Quote[/b] ]Thats strange, the vehicles run perfet on my computer, 1.3ghz 312mb RAM 64mb GFX Card. But then i did trick the ofp settings into believeing i had a CPU benchmark of 5326

And what's that? Jacking your FSB through the roof or overclocking?

Sure I will keep you informed.

Soon you will see ZIL 1.5 ver.

VDV 2.0 and Mejdusharsky Island, and T72\T80s and many other things will be released later.