Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Guess the name of the game

Quote[/b] ]The other Infocom-game with whacky humor that comes to my mind would be 'The Leather Godesses of Phobos'

You got it ! I was a bit unclear I guess. It was part of the Infocom text adventure series and if I remember right it was the last from the text adventure series.

Really weird. With my little english knowledge back then it was a nightmare to solve biggrin_o.gif

Don't tell me - I started learning english to be able to play Infocom's Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my old Atari 800 XL. When I finally got it as my second foreign language in school over a year later I could already have a basic conversation, was reading english language books on my own and had a very relaxed time in english classes.

Damn I loved that game. And the gimmics that came with the game were a class of their own - like the 'microscopic space fleet' in a plastic wrapper or the 'space fluff'. And it had that friendly 'Don't panic!' sticker on it's package...

smile_o.gif

der bastler: Thats merc benz world racer smile_o.gif

not a bad game ...

And an easy one.

I just like the screenshot, took it yesterday while cruising.

guess%20the%20game%20-%20easy.jpg

Cheers

Amiga

I m gonna keep this a little more difficult ... loved this game, i even remember the tune

http://users.pandora.be/j_a_p....201.jpg

Cheers ...

i loved it too, think it´s Wings, from Infogrames iirc..

that Track & field clone that was posted by Llauma looks like  a military based game for c64 (the brotkasten) from i which i forgot the name   sad_o.gif

edit img tags

Ok, here are my favorite games on different platforms.

Yes i m an oldtimer or better "Real gamer of the 1st hour" smile_o.gif

Commodore 64

One of my favorite games back then .. inspired on a cool movie too, i played this untill my arms nearly fell off hurting

Game #1: 'Bruce Lee'

Great game! Here's a remake for the PC:

http://blitz.planetflibble.com/

Game #3: 'Wings'

I loved their 'It came from the desert'

Yep :

Game 1 : Bruce Lee on the ZX81, i could play it 3 times around back then lol.

Thx for the link, i got my pics to show here from that site ;)

Game 3 is Wings indeed, from Cinemaware, yep, i like it came from the desert too from them.

I played wings like crazy.

Here are a few more shots, i kept them to give hints ... wasn t really needed afterall.

No idea about game 2 ?? it was pretty much fun !  It was inspired by the movie Rollerball, although the game was named slightly different.

Taking off scene

guess%20the%20game%20-%20hint%201.jpg

Strafing run

guess%20the%20game%20-%20hint%202.jpg

Bombrun

guess%20the%20game%20-%20hint%203.jpg

There was also a dogfight mode, which was 1st person.

Cheers

Game 3 is Wings indeed, from Cinemaware, yep, i like it came from the desert too from them.

No idea about game 2 ?? it was pretty much fun ! It was inspired by the movie Rollerball, although the game was named slightly different.

Dunno why I never played Wings, could have been the time when I switched to the PC...

Hmm, something like 'Rocket Ball'?

My memory is not what it used to be tounge_o.gif

No idea about game 2 ?? it was pretty much fun !  It was inspired by the movie Rollerball, although the game was named slightly different.

Dunno why I never played Wings, could have been the time when I switched to the PC...

Hmm, something like 'Rocket Ball'?

My memory is not what it used to be   tounge_o.gif

Yep correct !

I remember you had to push the joystick up and down all the time to do a skating motion, that was a real armkiller hehe.

Quote[/b] ]I remember you had to push the joystick up and down all the time to do a skating motion, that was a real armkiller hehe.

Remember Decathlon ?  biggrin_o.gif

Along with a sexually motivated  tounge_o.gif  game it killed my first joystick biggrin_o.gif .

I got me a Quickshot II some time later and modified it to permanent rapid fire. I also built a reset switch for my C64 on my own. those were the days biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

I tripped into a C64 page by accident. It´s the 404 Error page but you have to see it. à very depressed server is talking to you biggrin_o.gif

Depressed C64 webserver 404 page.

Remember Decathlon ? biggrin_o.gif

Along with a sexually motivated tounge_o.gif game it killed my first joystick biggrin_o.gif .

I got me a Quickshot II some time later and modified it to permanent rapid fire. I also built a reset switch for my C64 on my own. those were the days biggrin_o.gif

Reset switch? I used a tweezers (right word?) to short pin #1 and #3 on the user-port.

It worked fine. smile_o.gif

Until the day i shorted pin #1 and #2. rock.gif

I then built a proper reset switch for the replacement 64. crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

[ig]http://hem.bredband.net/jontuo/screens/game.gif[/img]

This was truly a great game back in 1987. smile_o.gif

Green Beret?

?SYNTAX ERROR

Try again...

I know that game, but not the name, argh. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Combat school / Boot camp?

Commando ?

Or was that a topdown game ?.? aaaargh can t remember.

Definetly not commando, its view was from above.

Ok,

Dont look at filename please, can t upload from here.

The mother of all combat flightsims and first one i played.

f15eagl1.gif

/edit : lol just noticed, mach 8 hehe

Isnt Mach 6.something the fastest a plane went ( iirc the X15 )?

Cheers

I dont know how popular this game was but I developed the ultimate system (with an excel sheet!  biggrin_o.gif ) I had developed a masterplan in which a city needed to be build to flourish 100%. It worked as hell!

Picture Bild Image pintura

Rome or Caesar ?

An all time favourite for me - probably one of the most advanced RPG's ever made (well, at least for the player - one have to eat, drink, sleep, discover different spells by testing different combinations of the elements, solve hard clues, EDIT: make sure to have a light source, find out effective strategies and weapons etc.), and also one of the favorite games of several BIS people. Actually it's one of the very few games I have ever finished; most games I just play halfways (if they are that good) and quit once I master them - but this game.......

The first 'first person shooter'??

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Heres one of my favorites from the Genesis. Might not be fun for anybody, but I enjoyed the sheer hell of it. Probobly my first RTS.

http://www.nostalgia-gaming.com/genesis/reviews/g/chaos/chaos3.jpg

I loved that game! I used to rent it all the time for my Sega Mega drive II. I ended up actually bothering my parents long enough to ask the video-store owner if I could buy the game from him. I also used to play Urban/Jungle strike, the Cannon Fodder conversion, all of those games were great. I wish I was a kid again!

By the way, General Chaos was the name of the game right?