Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

Well, thank god to experience....

ds200.jpg

I beta test for a few mods.

I dont do it for early addons that nobody has yet (remember, its still probably full of bugs and not fun to play with yet) I do it because I just like helping out.

It depends on who you ask to help you. Ask someone whos reliable and it shouldnt be a problem.

EDIT: Or....you can let the public beta test it and rip it to shreds. Most addons these days have at least 5 bugs staring you in the face as soon as you hit "preview".

Slighly off topic but I couldnt help noticing the aqua like windows theme in the background off the Sulaco model pic. Where can I get my hands on that?? xmas_o.gif

Cheers!!

Newer (better!) Bay Textures:

ds201.jpg

Oh come on! biggrin_o.gif You are not REALLY running windows media player in os X tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Great work by the way!! smile_o.gif

ROFL!!!! ROFL!!! ROFL!!!

dude i serioulsy almost fell out of my seat when i saw that. i didnt even know there was a mac version of ofp.

___

MAC PEOPLE ONLY!

pc users stay out! mad_o.gif

dude did you get tiger?

Some "fun" shots. If you do it right, you can do rooftop insertions:

ds203.jpg

ds204.jpg

Re-work (with the new parts) on the Flying Bananas:

ds205.jpg

ds206.jpg

ds207.jpg

ds208.jpg

When intende released public beta version ?

When intende released public beta version ?

No public beta has been released and he hasn't even finished the textures yet, so no public beta will be released very soon (I think).

Stop asking for release dates and let the guys and girl(s) work.

Thanks Cpt. Frostbite. Suffice to say (again) we'll let everybody know when something comes out okay?

Good job on textures. I've been messing around with a way to be able to shoot down incomming missiles with your own missiles, I have gotten as far as being able to lock on and fire, but having trouble getting them to detinate in mid air using an invisible object...

Thanks, but it's too bad you can't mimic the AAS-162 system.  I would propose that it be completely automated.  You gotta figure the reaction time in a missile attack.  Because really, there is no true way (I could obviously be wrong of course) to tell that there is a missile incoming, until you get the "Missile Evaded" line at the bottom of the screen.  If you can make it like a "laser" system, with like 9999 rounds such as the Mapfact XM8 "laser" then we could do something.  Plus you have to look at missile quantity to begin with (unless you are adding a system...?) since while downing an incoming missile is important, I'm not going to waste a TSAM/Headlock unless I can shoot the shooter.

But isn't there way to perhaps script an object in the path of the missile?  Such as "get missile pos" "create object", etc.?

Thanks, but it's too bad you can't mimic the AAS-162 system.  I would propose that it be completely automated.  You gotta figure the reaction time in a missile attack.  Because really, there is no true way (I could obviously be wrong of course) to tell that there is a missile incoming, until you get the "Missile Evaded" line at the bottom of the screen.  If you can make it like a "laser" system, with like 9999 rounds such as the Mapfact XM8 "laser" then we could do something.  Plus you have to look at missile quantity to begin with (unless you are adding a system...?) since while downing an incoming missile is important, I'm not going to waste a TSAM/Headlock unless I can shoot the shooter.

But isn't there way to perhaps script an object in the path of the missile?  Such as "get missile pos" "create object", etc.?

The problem is that the Z pos on ammounition is buggy, and its hard to create an object right on the munition...

Damnit, I guess a CIWS system isn't feasible then..... oh the impossibities... Guess we may have to stick with the jammer, unless somebody else can offer a solution?

Damnit, I guess a CIWS system isn't feasible then..... oh the impossibities...  Guess we may have to stick with the jammer, unless somebody else can offer a solution?

didn't P&H's F18's have proximity weapons maybe you could use them?

Damnit, I guess a CIWS system isn't feasible then..... oh the impossibities...  Guess we may have to stick with the jammer, unless somebody else can offer a solution?

didn't P&H's F18's have proximity weapons maybe you could use them?

I never seen them actualy work, but still, there is no easy way to detinate a missile...

Small update, did some detail work on the Standard dropship:

ds209.jpg

Haven't forgot, just been busy all week, however here's some other updates.

Changed the nose cannon on my dropship to a three barrel weapon:

ds210.jpg

ds212.jpg

And some beginning work on the APC re-texture:

ds211.jpg

Thanks smile_o.gif

Here's some more work, as I haven't completed mapping the APC yet, but I decided to try some weathering stuff anyways:

apc1.jpg

apc2.jpg

If anybody can suggest various techniques on skinning ground vehicles (just never seemed to catch on to me), I'd appreciate it.

If anybody can suggest various techniques on skinning ground vehicles (just never seemed to catch on to me), I'd appreciate it.

rock.gif ..... you seem to be doing just fine Eric biggrin_o.gif

Okay... smile_o.gif

More limited APC work. I've gotten about 90% of it mapped, the outside at least. I figure neph will handle the inside of it:

apc3.jpg

apc4.jpg