Sign in to follow this  
usmcrp

P3dedit

all i bloody want is a civilian base model. Hell its gotta be one of the most requested P3d's about!

well, p3dedit won't help u, y? i already mentioned that.

you only said for resistance models.

Anyone would be smoked not just you.

I should do a basic hexediting tutorial so the early addon making skills are not lost. At the moment I'm swamped though.

There is a very good reason why this is not released and or given away. #1 The teams that have it have not stolen other people's work. YET..

All we'd need is for some bunch of stuped noobs to get ahold of this and start un encrypting shit and releaseing hacked up parts. Could you immageing it?

Stuff like: My scopes on an INV 1944 tompson or a BAS gun with earls scopes re released by some noob who has no idea what there doing. Then how would we know who's work is who's?  crazy_o.gif

It'd be like comunisum if it was released.

Everyone would have acess to everyone elses models. Ie. lack of incentive to work because you can just steal some one elses. Hence EVEN LESS WOULD GET DONE THEN ALREADY does get done.

Addon makers should damn near fear this tool to the point of locking it in a vault and sealing the key inside after the BIS models are unlocked. rock.gif

I think that the hands it's in now is perfectly good place for it and i'm totaly agenst it being spred to the public. Can you just immagine it?  We'd be beter off just to leave all our work MLOD.

Why do we lock it (Our work) up? Well #1 reason isn't theft.

The Number one reason is: What would happen if some new guy decided to take my scope, wap it on earls gun and remove earls fore grip, throw a lowland's warriror LMG barrel on it, then take an inv 1944 MG42 drum and slap it on there after afixing a BAS grenade launcher? Not only would we have one hell of a bad looking gun, we'd have parts of everyone's work intermixed to the point we won't know 100% of whats what.  crazy_o.gif

As for mod's I do not wan't all mod members to have this tool.

Last thing I need is for some one like say for an EXAMPLE Sniper skull to grab my MP5a3N model and put it in with ON STAR. Even if full credit is give it's nice to know who's useing what and who made what when. Know I am shure he wouldn't do that (shure hope so).  tounge_o.gif

So all of the above in one paragraph.

#1 Keep noobs from mixing things all up.

#2 Protect work from use without first asking permission

#3 Stealing by importers to other games or even people who would try and sell creations on turbo squid.

#4 Incentive to create something beter then the other person has.

As for comunity use of BIS models; I think only the civilians should be made public for use.

The rest, bah, create something beter instead of slaping crap on BIS models. Let's try and make something we can convert into OFP and still have it look half way decent.  unclesam.gif

*edited for grammar (still prety bad eh?) *  tounge_o.gif

*EDIT*

As for hexing, anyone useing ANY other OS then 95 or XP can use the tool texture swap my mike schnell i belive found in the edcenter under graphics tools.

For re hexing BIS or any other models skin directorys.

(It usaly requires a specail system extention that some OS's are missing but I got that if anyone needs it.(Single file 128kb)

wink_o.gif

WoW you said it best

i like #1 Keep noobs from mixing things all up. tounge_o.gif

noob's getting the POWER to hack ppl's work up is not good.... mad_o.gif

all i bloody want is a civilian base model. Hell its gotta be one of the most requested P3d's about!

well, p3dedit won't help u, y? i already mentioned that.

you only said for resistance models.

the point is not in the model the point is in the program it messes up selectionns in unit models, no matter which.

Actualy sole it does not, It jsut makes them off center. wink_o.gif

*EDIT* On infromation I have been give on it's affects, not from useing the actual tool which never leaves the circles.

Right on sniper skull, damned OFP would be a mess. crazy_o.gif

Almost like them CS hacked skins, read me's would be a mile long too. This made by so and so changed by so and so, imported from such and such from so and so who begat so and so's carear which is cousin to my mothers aunt and so on. crazy_o.gif

WoW you said it best

i like  #1 Keep noobs from mixing things all up.  tounge_o.gif

If BIS has the same line you wouldn't have been able to do any addons.

And you can call people noobs that only shows that you are short minded.

Who cares about stealing your "work".Even if that happens everybody in this community would know it 1 h after the stolen release so...

"noob's getting the POWER to hack ppl's work up"

i don't often write this but ROFL.

WoW you said it best

i like #1 Keep noobs from mixing things all up. tounge_o.gif

Who cares about stealing your "work".Even if that happens everybody in this community would know it 1 h after the stolen release so...

your mad you do NOT got the tool tounge_o.gif

WoW you said it best

i like  #1 Keep noobs from mixing things all up.  tounge_o.gif

If you had any idea of my work and even some of sniper skulls and you were us. You'd think differently about that..

If you were going to even steal this I'd atleast like you to work at haveing to steal it. :P

http://drillsergeantsaddons.4t.com/DSA_SOPMOD.jpg

http://drillsergeantsaddons.4t.com/DSA_SOPMOD_2.jpg

Now try and tell me I shouldn't lock that up. rock.gif

OFP comunity is really going to hell these days. crazy_o.gif

Now please lets try and be more matour about this and think realisticly. Before the thread gets locked. crazy_o.gif

I'm still sticking to my first statement. And maybe if your going to try and combat it, come up with your own statment allong with a few points on why everyone should be able to hack up everyone elses work. As for BIS, if they had not let addon makers use there stuff in the start, there'd be no RES probably and maybe even not any OFP2. It goes hand in hand, OFP and OFP addons.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

BIS made us able to mod and we helped make OFP popular. So really I think that just the time alone we put into this, we should be able to lock up our work. I certainly don't want to see my m4 all mutalted with parts of tompsons and such.  mad_o.gif

yeah DS what im getting at i do not want ppl hacking my work up and say hey look what i made you no crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Heh I'm not attacking you, thats under the noob par aka point one. tounge_o.gif I'm saying it doesn't make sence to make it extremely easy for people to hack things up.

You can't stealy anything or even REPLICATE something closely without geting blasted around here. crazy_o.gif

Like my M4 and CS m4's It;s not CS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the reason I made it, to combat all the CS m4 imports! crazy_o.gif Heh good think the CZ comments are removed. tounge_o.gif

Like wazaaaaaaaaaaadaa? a 192m4a2m16m79m249f88+m203+Aimpocog wow_o.gif

your mad you do NOT got the tool  tounge_o.gif

no you are wrong i don't care,OFP is one of the best game ever and it's sad that some sort of paranoia makes you think that way.

As it was stated many times you don't earn money with that and making a MOD is first a pleasure for addon makers especially in this game.Have a look at avon lady sig:

many addons/few missions.

I won't argue longer do what you want it only makes people leave this marvelous game.

And to sniperskull you should stop calling people you don't know about "noob".It's a childish word that only shows a 5 years old brain.

As i said earlier, the only things that should be p3dedited are BIS objects, they arent especially great given thier age, but they do at least provide the rest of us with something to look at when making new addons.

I would also not like someone else opening up my work, doing a few adjustments, then saying that they made it.

*EDIT* On infromation I have been give on it's affects, not from useing the actual tool which never leaves the circles.

Actually IT DOES and beleive me ive been in touch with OFPInternals (the maker) since the start and been using the tool for more than u think.

I think that such a tool should be kept and used only by its creators.

At the same time I understand the need people have to see 'inside' some of the more complicated models.

It would be nice for Bis to release all of their models as MLOD - without the lowest res LOD if they want their work protecting, just so we can see exactly how they work.

If p3edit screws up selections then there is no reason anyone in the community would want to use it unless they want to steal other peoples work.

Most people who know their way around O2 can work out how to do 95% of things in game and there is a lot of imformation available on these forums for finding out the last 5%.

Bad to know, that P3Dedit has those errors. Is this for all Resistance Models (like Buildings, Vehicles) or only for the civilian models?

How much work is needed to fix all errors made by p3dEdit?

And to add to the p3dEdit-release a bad thing, keeping noobs from modifying other people's work, and all the other "disadvantages"...

I hardly can remember anyone taking someones model which came in MLOD, modifying it slightly and releasing it.

Think about the HK-Pack... it is completely MLOD and I have yet to see someone who has changed, or taken the weapons without permission from Vipersheart and released it with minor modifications.

There are many more addons, like Kegetys East Weapons pack or Fliper's M4 pack;

All I can remember are stolen textures. Weird isn't it?

I'll go, contrary to many people, the other way, release my models to the public, and anyone can change it. This way I hope, that people will produce better addons by reusing model parts or modifying the model.

Just my 2 cents.

Ohch... first time I hear of this tool. What can you do with it that you can't do with 02.(wich i know how to use by the way) wink_o.gif

Actually IT DOES and beleive me ive been in touch with OFPInternals (the maker) since the start and been using the tool for more than u think.

Ok Mr. Smarty maybe you have an OLDER version. rock.gif

And IF you do have wit which you implied, you certainly arn't helping anyone here get the the BIS models.

Think of all the destructive power you hold there son.

Bottem line. Tool should NOT be redistributed.

Models of BIS would be nice for the comunity.

As on a note of the HK pack.

#1 As soon as it came out there was no pbo decrypter avalable to decrypt it, as it was packed up useing the make pbo. (Try this at home Xpac and debpo won't oppen it, only the pbo decrypter will.)

So by the time the tools came out to decrypt it, the models sadly nolonger matched up to the standards. Hence, no work stolen. wink_o.gif

But apparently either you are being prideful and biased about haveing the tool, saying, since we can take work any way, just leave it mlod.

Well no thank you sir, I shall binaranize my addons. If not for the useage part, then for the compression and speedup they give me.

Ok Mr. Smarty maybe you have an OLDER version.  rock.gif

just dont start to argue please, trust me i know better gawd i might even show u sometime later...if i feel like it.

Anyone would be smoked not just you.

I should do a basic hexediting tutorial so the early addon making skills are not lost. At the moment I'm swamped though.

Personally I dont want to remember the days of hexing.