Sign in to follow this  
usmcrp

P3dedit

Can someone please help me out I am trying to get a copy of p3dedit, could someone please send it to me usmcrp@sbcglobal.net Thanks semper Fi

It doesnt matter in how many forums you post, nobody will give it to you. You can ask BAS if you want, but they will just say something like "sorry, we cant give it away, its not our tool", and all the other mods will say the same.

I dont see why its such a big deal.In my view the tool was going to be for the modding community,And now that some modding teams have released addons that are BIS models,Kinda made me upset.Who are they to say that only they can use the tool and not anybody else.The only reason the tool isnt released is probly due to people editing 1 little thing and releaseing it as a new addon.Which I under stand all that,But it can also be very help in understanding how some addons are made.But I guess it doesnt matter.Maybe some day it will be released.Oh well.

p3d edit looks like oxygen

Picture. just be thankful you at least got oxygen smile_o.gif

Who are they to say that only they can use the tool and not anybody else.The only reason the tool isnt released is probly due to people editing 1 little thing and releaseing it as a new addon.

THEY, who dont wish to give away, are the creators of the tool, and THEY have full right not to release it. Please respect them.

The question is, who are THEY.

I have had access to a few unencrypted p3d's that have found thier way to me, what i wish THEY would do, is unencypt on request things like, the civilian models, but not unencrypt community made addons.

Oh and how come some mods have thier hands on p3dedit and some dont?

THEY are people who made the *edit tools

what you wish is none of THEIR concern, gotta live with it, the tool is not finished and models need to be fixed everytime after dycryption and things like resistance civy's are almost imposible to fix.

Some mods have p3dedit for the reason that they were either connected to development of the tool or were in close ties tothose who were.....some mods just stole it.

the they in question were in "internal workings" or something like that i believe they made wrpedit aswell, they did quite a bit of research into the file formats and the way ofp works you can still read some of that research over at ofpec if i rememer correctly, pity they split up sad_o.gif

i say wait and u will soo what will hapend smile_o.gif

So Who do I ask If I can use it?

lol, ur already using it anyway so no problem just prevent major spread, if you know peoplw who have it if u have skill and if u ask nice enuff they'll give u the model.

lol, ur already using it anyway so no problem just prevent major spread, if you know peoplw who have it if u have skill and if u ask nice enuff they'll give u the model.

Im mostly for new content not editied content,but you never know.

all i bloody want is a civilian base model. Hell its gotta be one of the most requested P3d's about!

I would just grab a soldier model and strip him down and add what ever you need.Because thats just about the only best way for now,But I have been proven wrong.

There is hex editing as an option as well. It is frustrating at times but once you get the hang of it you can re texture alot of addons in a short period of time. I did 4 retextures on the BIS panelak buildings, 12 buildings in all, in 4 days and they function exactly like the buildings in game. If I was using Oxy to do the same thing it would have taken me a minimum of 2 weeks to do it.

all i bloody want is a civilian base model. Hell its gotta be one of the most requested P3d's about!

well, p3dedit won't help u, y? i already mentioned that.

You must be slow in O2,

No it's because in a hex editor you can swap all the texture paths of all the lods at once. I can retexture a model faster than anyone in Oxygen could possably do. The only disadvantage to hex editing is you have to put it into game to preview it.

Okay think about it, I take an Odol model. Load it into Ultraedit32, select all, replace O/Hous with kkkapt and bang the model will now look for all texture paths in all lods in a pbo called kkkapt. I don't even have to Binarize the model to use it in wrpedit, visitor or wrptool. Trust me I would so smoke you it's not funny.

Infact if you were to take Panelak.p3d and put it through P3dedit you would have to realign all the lods so it would show properly in game since Binarizing discards information needed for editing, during the conversion process back the lods become displaced. Trust me I tried it.