Sign in to follow this  
dm

Server admins, what are you doing!?!

Yep many people have done the same Pathy, but wouldn't getting ISDN or lower speed broadband be a cheaper option?

No offence intended, but a 56k analogue connection ain't really up to playing modern day flashpoint. Although we still, within reason accept 56k on our server, although its located in houston, texas sad_o.gif

Broadband is about 2 weeks away. But im still getting a server. For my Mod......need somewhere to test online.....

Broadband is good but cable is recommended for hosting a server for 20 players and more .pathy when you're server up give us an ip for it. biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I've even been banned from a game server on account of my ping, i think it was a self-voted in admin, just banned me straight off for having a 400 ping (and i had just joined, it would have settled down)

self appointed admins do not have that access to ban

@ Malbeuf:

Guys with a closed ( straight ) mind like you are just to great to see around the corner.

There is still areas where DSL is not available, not that i want to say that say should just go play everywhere. But looking for a close server is fine. And your statement with 200pings max just blows to me. What about ping spikes where your ping goes from 150 to a 450ms for half minute, ehh boot the whole server.

Who makes the exceptions and who decides who is out.

Well but your small sight wont be able to see all that. Maybe your machine is too fast to even see the 56k connecting=P.

See the light???

Day

when you your self actually pays and plays on the server and not get it free like you do, and have the BEST servers availble you would not want your pricey baby getting lagged out when your hard spent $$ is lagged out because a 56k is in there

more so when CTI is running

and i have seen you kick 56k players so dont get all high and mighty

Ermm im on 56k and thats my JOINING ping. I thought i made that clear:
Quote[/b] ](400 on joining)

Ping usually drops to 200 or so once im in. Which is the best i am going to get off a 56k.

does not work that way, your LOBBY ping is 200 mabey lol, in game the ms increases, small games your band width can keep up but past 5 players 56ker will lag at some point, I posted a band width list with the amount of players years ago, look it up

Don't like it? Rent your own server and make the ofp world a better one.

man you hit it on the nose

benu is not even north american and he agrees, but this point is the best i have seen, cant move out of the country farm and you only have 56k? go rent you own server and do what you want with it

in the end most of the server out there will kick 56kers because we get pissed off seeing some guy disappear, we pay $$ big time to avoid that shit, so to bad for the 56kers. im not spending money on them when they cant afford faster lines or thier own servers - they can go play black jack or some reno and stop wasting our gaming time

i hope OFP2 rid the earth of 56k haha dought it but would be nice broadband only...hehe if ya got 56k then your way back in the dark ages biggrin_o.gif ...

the year is 2004 unclesam.gif

I am sorry, without getting into detail on networks. 500ms its SLOWER then say 50ms that means that 500ms is constantly trying to keep up, its like being in a Honda Civic chasing a Dodge Viper the Viper at somepoint is gonna pull away until the Civic is out of site... you will notice with a 56ker as the game progresses desync will increase. This is also associated with packet loss, which in some cases has nothing to do with your ping.

and you hear the ever so amusing

"wait my ping will drop"

umm you laggers are in lobby dude with little info being sent back and forth, once the game start your MS will increase

its the same as when dloading sounds, i hear guys yelp that player sounds lag them in game lol

its on your hard drives, no lag involved

Quote[/b] ]I allways thought that our community was fairly good when it came to high ping players
like a year ago people used to let 56k ppl play like me biggrin_o.gif .but now i get kicked off each server (wonder why tounge_o.gif )people with cable now run the show, they kick people with only a 200ping.so i gave up playing mp on ofp

I would strongly recomend a #vote overthrow command or any other command that if 1 person (go with me on this) typed it in there would be no admin and would have to start voting from scratch. Or a "safety ping" ranging from 0-350 (pending on location and internet hookup) that amdmins can't kick off unles three or more players voted with the admin (set up an AutoKick for Players that kill their teammates more than 3 times in ten min) Sounded like a good idea to me (but the very genourous 350 ping).

Just this last week, i got kicked from a server for having "high" ping... my ping was 98 rock.gif

Just this last week, i got kicked from a server for having "high" ping... my ping was 98 rock.gif

Well that was just a bullshit excuse to kick you.

PS: Did you get my PM's?

i remember playing SoF (soldier of fortune) we would limit guys to under 75 ms in some matches, in a game like that, two guys would enter a room and see each other, both had shot guns, and the guy with the lower ms won every time due to improper net code

The reason they kick high pingers, is because if a Driver, Gunner or Commander has a high ping it 'rolls over' to anyone else trying to get in or out of the vehicle.

Known Bug:

~~~~~~~

eg: If a player gets 'Lossing Connection..." then drops out, due to bad ping and desync, no one in their vehicle can do shit (eg: eject be the high pinger crashes the chopper do to lag), as all the players are ment to be in sync, and due to the 90sec time out, it takes 90sec for them to drop and the chopper to crash, killing everyone, Team Kill style. This normally results in a ban, and with good reason.

~~~~~~~

I mean FFS if an admin spends AU$100/mo (or more like $200/mo) hosting a server the least they can expect is to play with mates with low pings. The last thing you want is some clueless idiot joining from another country, having done no TRACERT on the server on a link with high packet lose to go Pilot of a Blackhawk and fuck your gaming experience.

ESP SO AT AU$200 PER MONTH

I mean is this clueless idiot playing or contributing to the server bill ? HELL NO. He is freeloading in a manner of speaking a resource and crying.

Playing online is a privlidge, and not a right, as so many Counter-Strike players might think.

If the player joined a clan, and contributed $5-20/mo to play on a fast server, then hey, no problem here, by all means let them play on their local servers.

Before they bitch they should try hosting their own ****ing server and see how much it costs them.

I would strongly recommend only having the #vote overthrow when a #voted admin is in. On any decent server the admins are almost always trusted members of the clan hosting the server and all foot the bill equally or otherwise, even then you learn which voted admins can play nice, and which ones are ****wits pretty quickly.

Generally speaking ****wits don't get voted admin, and if you get kicked, think twice

1 - Am ***I*** contributing anything to the server bill ?

2 - Am ***I*** effectively leeching bandwidth and CPU time on a rented server ?

3 - Am ***I*** local, or is my ping going to effect their vehicle action times if ***I*** play as a Commander, Driver, Pilot, Gunner, or any other position not in the cargo.

If a high pinger on my server gets in a primary vehicle position, after repeated warnings not to, I'll ban the bastard for 14 days just so he gets the message.

Other Bugs:

~~~~~~~~~~~

- Also the horn appears to be client side only

Don't like it? Rent your own server and make the ofp world a better one.

Why, 70% of all servers seem to be empty all the time rock.gif .

And lets face the truth, without 56k people who would you abuse and mistreat in the MP gaming scene?

Who would you insult if it wasnt for 56k people?

And if it wasnt for 56k people who would you brag to about your super fast internet conection?

And that bs about 56kers making you waste your precious bandwith... i never saw that one thrown at imature jerks and team killers, infact depending on gamecode it has been proved that very fast conections may require more from the server because of constant data transfer...

Be straight and be honest, put a server message saying 100 or 200 ms ping only or something like that. No? because you enjoy punting and banning dial upers? And it makes you feel all great and shit uh? Cant brag about a pretty girlfriend or a average sized penis so you have to tell the world that you have a 10 mbt conection and HT 3.4 gig eh biggrin_o.gif .

Do i feel sorry for Deadmeat, he is considered a HPB or a lagger or all that crap and he has given this comunity so much of his time and work, infact there is a considered amount of OPFR modders and addon makers that have 56k conections and they give you their hard work for free, now imagine OPF without addons, it wouldnt be worth shit after 3 years+ right? Or imagine that your favorite addon may have been uploaded and brought to you thru a shitty dial up conection.

Be honest, be straight and be polite. OPF's artificial inteligence sure beats the crap out of 80% of the children that play MP games these days and im not saying that OPF has good a.i. either...

Never said 56k uses any bandwidth, it just pings badly.

There is a fine book called 'XDSL Technologies....' that explains why modems ping slower in great detail.

Even a 64kbps ISDN will ping fine as its connection has less overhead (time wise, not bandwidth wise) to the ISP.

Anyone under 175ms I ain't going to kick under normal circumstances. However, as for 4 hour session limits and MFCTI games.....well don't like to see half the palyers drop, when 20 others on DSL where wanting to play aswell.

eg: anything under 384kbps will ping badly to MFCTI, or simply lack the datarate (I'd kick an single channel ISDN monkey if his ping was 5ms , but his datarate is only 64kbps, so once the game starts he'll lag out anyway.....)

As stated above:

~~~~~~~~~~

The reason some admins kick high pingers, is because if a Driver, Gunner or Commander has a high ping it 'rolls over' to anyone else trying to get in or out of the vehicle.

General Rule 1: If you are a high pinger, do not go Driver, Gunner, Pilot, Commander, stick to the cargo. Unless of course each player gets their own vehicle, the AI are not going to complain about lag induced 'vehicle lock'

If you have never played on 192kbps or greater, you have likely never experiecned the freaking huge delay, disemarking, or getting into a vehile piloted by someone on dial-up.

Known Bug:

~~~~~~~

eg: If a player gets 'Lossing Connection..." then drops out, due to bad ping and desync, no one in their vehicle can do shit (eg: eject be the high pinger crashes the chopper do to lag), as all the players are ment to be in sync, and due to the 90sec time out, it takes 90sec for them to drop and the chopper to crash, killing everyone, Team Kill style. This normally results in a ban, and with good reason.

You can recreate the event on a LAN even, by using NetLimiter and capping at 4kb/sec (as 6kb/sec saturates a modem link and can increase ping at the cost of higher data rate)

Its all basic networking.

I acknowledge anyone on dial-up who spent time to create addons, Hats off to them, really, they make themselves an exception to the rule, and are generally well known and welcome on any server internationally even with 500ms pings. Sadly however this does not roll over to ever other player on dialup.

But if YOU where paying AU$200/month or spending cash on hardware to get a server hosted specificially for playing MFCTI and its varients, then you can kick who ever you like, since it is YOUR server after all. (After some experiencing hosting YOUR own MFCTI server you'll kick anyone over 175ms with under a 96kbps datarate on sight)

(MFCTI was ment for LANs, nuf said)

If a few dial-up dudes got together and put in $2/mo they could host a HPB only server, and ban pingers below 125ms, etc ....This is a common practice in every other online game, just not in Flashpoint ......why they don't do it, no idea .... Sure is better than complaining about being kicked for joining a server not even in the same timezone as yourself.

Community should work together, so everyone benefits.

Alternatively just play on another countries server where their local time is 2am and there are no admins to kick you.

Better yet, get your mates together and host a LAN, or get some wireless gear and build a community Flashpoint wireless LAN, its cheap, you all get 11mbps+ to each other, and no ongoing costs (unlike dialup Internet). You also learn alot and it looks good on a resume.

Anyways, Anyone under 175ms ping with over 96kbps datarate I welcome to any server I host.

If other areas need help getting a local server up I am sure 'RN Malboeuf' from Roughnecks, and other fine admins and network gurus are glad to help, just don't bitch about being kicked from a server YOU ARE NOT FOOTING THE BILL OF.

Shit its like giving a country free food (hosting a server and not charing people to play on it), and then having said country, of food deprived (online flashpoint deprived) people start to complain the food tastes bad (oh, my ping sux to your server, your doing something wrong, cry, cry, I want a free server that I can play on and not have everyone else bitch about my high ping)

Solution: Go buy your own food (go host your own server)

PS: I have DeaDMeaT (or an impersonator) on my ICQ Contact List:

ICQ Number: 116-632-203

Since he contributes something he gets respect straight away, which cancels out playing on a non-local server in anyones eyes, if he lags out, his choice.

Still don't see everyone else on Dial-Up contributing anywhere near as much as Deadmeat does.

1) Why, 70% of all servers seem to be empty all the time rock.gif .

2) And lets face the truth, without 56k people who would you abuse and mistreat in the MP gaming scene?

3) Who would you insult  if it wasnt for 56k people?

4) And if it wasnt for 56k people who would you brag to about your super fast internet conection?

5) And that bs about 56kers making you waste your precious bandwith... i never saw that one thrown at imature jerks and team killers, infact depending on gamecode it has been proved that very fast conections may require more from the server because of constant data transfer...

6) Be straight and be honest, put a server message saying 100 or 200 ms ping only or something like that.

7) No? because you enjoy punting and banning dial upers? And it makes you feel all great and shit uh? Cant brag about a pretty girlfriend or a average sized penis so you have to tell the world that you have a 10 mbt conection and HT 3.4 gig eh  biggrin_o.gif .

8) Do i feel sorry for Deadmeat, he is considered a HPB or a lagger or all that crap and he has given this comunity so much of his time and work, infact there is a considered amount of OPFR modders and addon makers that have 56k conections and they give you their hard work for free, now imagine OPF without addons, it wouldnt be worth shit after 3 years+ right? Or imagine that your favorite addon may have been uploaded and brought to you thru a shitty dial up conection.

9) Be honest, be straight and be polite. OPF's artificial inteligence sure beats the crap out of 80% of the children that play MP games these days and im not saying that OPF has good a.i. either...

A1) If 70% of servers are empty, go play on them

A2) I don't complain about dial-up people that contribute to the server build or gameplay, most however take something fromhe game by complaining

A3) See A2

A4) Don't need to brag, everyone that foots the bill has 512kbps or higher, it isn't really fast, just average these days. More and more games will require 512kbps Internet as a minimum in the coming years, Time to upgrade I think.

A5) They still cost money, cuz they are using megs, however I did not say this above, as I consider it uses less than 5% of server bandwidth and very little server CPU time.

However if someone lags and starts teleporting around the place, while everyone else is playing on equal grounds.....well...what would an umpire do ?

A6) Who doesn't MFCTI = 175ms on 96kbps only. Its a sign in itself

A7) Just general bullshit complaining, as stated above no one wants to hear it

A8) So do I sometimes he gets shit for bad ping, because of they few immature ones on 56k that just keep complaining, every time they die.

A8.B) Yes, people on broadband (or averageband as it should be called) make addons aswell, and they also get equal respect.

9) If the AI is so good, why play online and give yourself a bad ping and bad connection when there are perfectly good solo missions?, With the game as scaled as it is these days really needs 192kbps minimum to play and a ping under 125ms, Flashpoint has grown up, (Time to upgrade to grow with Flashpoint, not against it)

eg: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE PLAY:

You can still host small deathmatch maps on 28.8kbps and have 1 or 2 players join and share that 28.8kbps, and host a small map on a non-dedicated server if you are desperate.

Wouldn't be surprised if clans or factions start up, password their server change the password every week, and actually ask the 10 players to foot 10% of the otherwise huge bill each.

You need to understand that admins are spending alot of time, and alot of money hosting the kinds of servers you see today. eg: Athlon 64FX-Winchester core at 2.6Ghz and up with Dual DDR and fast memory controller, do not come cheaply for hosting fast MFCTI and RTS3 games. As such all 18 slots are reserved, and if someone ICQs the admin, who is paying the bill and says "Wait up, make a slot for me, I have reserved one by helping foot the bill" then the admin will pick the highest pinger, or lowest datarate player and just kick without warning.

Why: Because AU$200/mo divided by 18 people is actually an affordable figure ? of $10/mo each, and the admin can pay the remaining $30/mo.

PEOPLE RESERVE SLOTS, The above is a likely reason as to why you are being kicked.

Also if 12 paying players ask for a high pinger to be kicked, I ain't going to argue with 12 PAYING customers, vs 1 person who doesn't really count in the whole of things and ISNT OFFERING A CENT (aka: a leecher as we call them)

Sure there are 6 slots free, but you need to understand most maps these days are designed around a 128kbps and 100ms ping minimum (with the occasional ADSL retrain, etc, which lasts 5 to 37sec in an ideal world, and sometimes over 90sec)

No one wants 'lag induced vehicle lock; (see above) when playing a team oriented simulator, esp if someones lag keeps screwing everyone else.

Seriously try being on the other side

-WE PAY HEAPS FOR SERVERS

-WE PAY HEAPS FOR BROADBAND

-WE LAG WHEN 56ks ARE Manning VEHICLES we are in cargo of

-WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER

-WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY, TIMEZONE, AND ALL FOOT THE BILL

-WE ARE ALL 'PART' ADMINS OF SOME SERVERS

-Hell we even hide our servers from master.gamespy.com to stop freaking 12yo 56kers joining now

Enjoy,

PS: When you have hosted your own community server for 3 years come back and we can talk.

Why, 70% of all servers seem to be empty all the time rock.gif .

Go there and vote yourself admin. Even cheaper for you than running your own server. Can't speak for all servers, but my server and those of friendly clans don't seemt to be that empty most of the time. And that although i am in the process of reconfiguring the installed os and have to take the server down sometimes.

Quote[/b] ]And lets face the truth, without 56k people who would you abuse and mistreat in the MP gaming scene?

Who would you insult if it wasnt for 56k people?

And if it wasnt for 56k people who would you brag to about your super fast internet conection?

Must be some funny serves you play on. We do seek opponents and not victims, else we could play against ai. And we don'T play to insult or brag, but to have fun. And we do not tolerate insults on our server, be it from regulars or guests. The childish behaviour you experience on servers seems to reflect your childish postings here, eg insinuating "everyone else insults hp and brags about their super fast internet connection". I have dsl for 5 years or something and everyone else here has it too. Nothing to brag about it is just NORMAL. And we PAY for that too. I guess you don't want to pay for anything, you just want to HAVE or TAKE.

Quote[/b] ]And that bs about 56kers making you waste your precious bandwith... i never saw that one thrown at imature jerks and team killers, infact depending on gamecode it has been proved that very fast conections may require more from the server because of constant data transfer...

That is true, faster connections take up more bandwidth. But that is beside the point, as we PAY to have more bandwidth and so we can chose how to spend it. If we pay much, as we do noe, we just rented a bigger and faster server, we want to have some return of investment by NOT LAGGING in the game.

Quote[/b] ]Be straight and be honest, put a server message saying 100 or 200 ms ping only or something like that. No? because you enjoy punting and banning dial upers? And it makes you feel all great and shit uh? Cant brag about a pretty girlfriend or a average sized penis so you have to tell the world that you have a 10 mbt conection and HT 3.4 gig eh biggrin_o.gif .

Yeah, like ANYBODY reads the server messages at all. And your comments about girlfriend and penis sizes shows how mature you are. I would ban you on my server for comments like this, such insulting and immature conduct is not tolerated there. Again, this tells a lot about the servers you seem to play on and about yourself. I am getting to believe more and more that you don't get kicked because of your ping but because of your antisocial behaviour.

I just read in the forum of a friendly clan that members were donating money for one member that couldn't afford dsl anymore, so they could keep on playing with him. I can't really believe someone would do the same for you.

To use your kind of speak, maybe you should get a girlfriend yourself, mine is the reason i can' play as much ofp as i want to. Helps to get a perspective for ofp in comparison to the things that are really important.

Quote[/b] ]Do i feel sorry for Deadmeat, he is considered a HPB or a lagger or all that crap and he has given this comunity so much of his time and work, infact there is a considered amount of OPFR modders and addon makers that have 56k conections and they give you their hard work for free, now imagine OPF without addons, it wouldnt be worth shit after 3 years+ right? Or imagine that your favorite addon may have been uploaded and brought to you thru a shitty dial up conection.

I guess DM has enough of a name in the community that people will let him play. And even if not, he can't DEMAND it. He made lots of addons (although i would have mentioned other guys from BAS way before him), other put all their free time in running a server and PAYING for it. Making addons doesn't make him morally superior to anyone in the community. Actually, the way he writes in this forum, using a style like yours, it doesn't surprise me you pick DM as an example.

Quote[/b] ]Be honest, be straight and be polite. OPF's artificial inteligence sure beats the crap out of 80% of the children that play MP games these days and im not saying that OPF has good a.i. either...

This again shows your lack of respect for your fellow gamers and how crappy the servers you play on seem to be. Please don't come to my server. If there are really spoiled children in this community then you should become their spokesman. It's a long time i have read such a childish and generally disrespctful and antisocial posting towards/about the community in this forum.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Heatseeker @ July 07 2004,04:01)

Why, 70% of all servers seem to be empty all the time  .

Go there and vote yourself admin. Even cheaper for you than running your own server. Can't speak for all servers, but my server and those of friendly clans don't seemt to be that empty most of the time. And that although i am in the process of reconfiguring the installed os and have to take the server down sometimes.

I only quoted you about building more servers for OPF, everything else i posted wasnt a reply directly thrown at you or your clan mates.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, like ANYBODY reads the server messages at all. And your comments about girlfriend and penis sizes shows how mature you are. I would ban you on my server for comments like this, such insulting and immature conduct is not tolerated there. Again, this tells a lot about the servers you seem to play on and about yourself. I am getting to believe more and more that you don't get kicked because of your ping but because of your antisocial behaviour.

Uh, no. I dont play MP because i lag alot, i usualy play MP in a friends house and believe it or not i am one of the nicest players you could find, i enjoy good team play, i have never insulted anyone, i follow the rules and i focus on doing my best to help my team win, but the general atitude of most MP gamers is bad, you have to admit that. About my immature coments i apologise if i ofended the wrong people but some of the posts in the previous page were rather disgusting and disrespectfull, i can understand that some people who dont have broadband available in their area try to have a game now and then, i can understand that they usualy get punted because of their ping but there is absolutly no need to ofend or mistreat them, just say sry but no, or dont say anything at all...

Quote[/b] ]That is true, faster connections take up more bandwidth. But that is beside the point, as we PAY to have more bandwidth and so we can chose how to spend it. If we pay much, as we do noe, we just rented a bigger and faster server, we want to have some return of investment by NOT LAGGING in the game.

I respect that, but dial up is way more expansive than broadband here, never got a huge phone bill eh  wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I guess DM has enough of a name in the community that people will let him play. And even if not, he can't DEMAND it. He made lots of addons (although i would have mentioned other guys from BAS way before him), other put all their free time in running a server and PAYING for it. Making addons doesn't make him morally superior to anyone in the community. Actually, the way he writes in this forum, using a style like yours, it doesn't surprise me you pick DM as an example.

I only picked him because he started the thread, and because sometimes people throw stupid coments at dial up users (regardless of them playing mp games or not) with absolutly no need other then brag, i never said he was superior than anyone else, i just used him has an example of a dial uper who makes the OPF world a better one wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]This again shows your lack of respect for your fellow gamers and how crappy the servers you play on seem to be. Please don't come to my server. If there are really spoiled children in this community then you should become their spokesman. It's a long time i have read such a childish and generally disrespctful and antisocial posting towards/about the community in this forum.

I consider antisocial when you shoot someone and they reply fuck you, or when people forget that in mp gaming they are interacting with other people too, and sometimes people stick to crappy servers because they like to stay away from the so called Elite players who classify all others has noobs and take the game way too seriously, maybe i just got old...

My point in getting your own server was not that i think it would be cool to have more empty servers, but "to make the ofp community a better place" by creating a WELL RUN server. I have played on a few servers where insults and other antisocial behaviour was the norm. Admins did not intervene or even behaved that way themselves. I played there exactly ONCE.

I do sympathize with the people that live in areas where no broadband is available, i was there too a few years ago. And we do let modem players play too sometimes, but not necessarily in cti. The problem is more with the bandwidth, we let people from the other side of the world play if their bandwidth is ok, even if their ping tends to be a bit higher.

Although darkpeace formulated it rather harsh at times he has a point. There is no RIGHT to play on a given server, it is a privilege. If we know someone as a nice guy we might let him play regardless of his connections. People that don't even type a greeting when joining the server and don't answer when spoken too are likely to be kicked, regardless of ping. No one wants solos running around and annoy everybody else who is trying to work as a team.

And i can't really understand modem players that do not connect to servers that are near them but to servers that are on the other side of the world. The least they can do is play somewhere where their connection is as little a hindrance to everyone else as possible. Everything else is equal to stating something like "i don't care about YOUR gaming experience, i only care about MINE".

I am harsh, all the way smile_o.gif

No just kidding, its just when 90% of people with pings over 175ms and datarate below 96kbps (international or not) are just out to RPG or LAW your MHQ in MFCTI, boom, instant ban, whether they think they know what they are doing or not.

Last few MFCTI games I played, all I heard was get choppers, get choppers, and I asked people to leave AI in the larger towns (normally St Phillipé, Lammentin, St Pierré, all equal 1st place, and also in Morton depending on the version played) they just smacktarded around (the new ones) and the income was SFA (sweet **** all) because of it.

We still won though ;)

The servers are more community assets if anything, and if 90% of palyers don't read the manual at http://mfcti.sourceforge.net then everyone else suffers because of it. Generally its just better to kick the asshole than let a fight ensue, where everyone just packs up for the night and gets angry with the 1 or 2 losers who ruin the game for everyone.

As for the places where broadband is not available for less than the cost of ADSl, you can setup a wireless WAN (no ongoing costs, with 5km+ radious per node), only costs about the same as ADSL inital setup free, just no ongoing costs.

Why they are all crying like children is beyond me, they need to get up off their asses, and 'make it happen', instead of being leechers (defined above)

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but the truth is hasrh, and THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, so they whine, and whine, and whine.

And now.....well now...they have their own forum where they all 'play' and 'points' are 'awarded' by acting more immature and posting the longest bitch cry, and no real solutions to their problems are pro-actively discussed (sounds like work - lol)

Oh well, got **** to install, cya round,

Tabris.DarkPeace

GarageLAN, ACT

Australia

I made a post in Multiplayer about the 'Vehicle Lag' bug

Dude its a bug, it can be fixed by code for sure, even if its a little dodgy, its still fair(er)

Once implemented, high pingers will get to game again

Also first impression are very strong, even a subtly high ping, and subtly low datarate, to an admin that has had a shit of a day will change their behaviour towards otherwise mature players.

As your post was my 1st impression of you, you can see how the following chain of replies (above) occured.

Deep down I know most players and not idiots and want to learn to become better players, etc, just 1 comment that is slightly 'less than friendly' can go along way.

***Hell I got banned from Suicide Soldiers*** because I built a hospital within 800m o their base, that they 'thought' was their hospital, and this took great skill on my part (no to brag, but this ain't a simple feat).

I ran into their base, guns blazing, as one does, they killed me.

Did it again 30sec, they killed me

Did it 1 more time, they killed me, yet again

All the death messages show in white with player name.

At this time Suicide Soldiers did not know that Repair Trucks made from a Repair Facility can actually build the same hospital tent that the MHQ builds, without endangering the MHQ by driving it 5km away from defences.

Bear in mind that there is also no such thing as spawn raping in MFCTI, as the objective is to infiltrate and waste the enemy base to win.

The admin said I was 'respawn hacking' or some such shit (I built a hospital to spawn at that was not in their LOS) and 'respawn hacking' is impossible as far as I know, and I got a ban because the admin had not read the MFCTI manual (URL above)

Now how is that for having a shit day.

I mean WHAT ****ING LAME ASS CHEATS IN OFP ?

Go back to Counter-Strike (I left at Beta 6.4 because of cheaters, and now its happening again)

,mmm, VBS1 costs a buckload of gold, and needs a hardlock USB key to play, I might buy it, as for $700 with a hardlock key, you are not going to fuck around and try to get banned from every server are you now, cheating is out of the question unless you can afford $200 every time you get banned ?

Heck OFP2 better have a ban register, and the ability for the server to RECORD GAMES, so real cheaters get their key banned, with a $50 unbanning fee (always keep it 5% cheaper than a new copy) and with recorded games (like demo files for DOOM) those who are not cheating but the admin is swearing black and blue they are will not get a blacklisted from 20 servers because 1 clueless admin who never read the documentation available for a map told 19 other admins they where cheating.

I mean FFS

And thats why I LAN

Someone cheats, I'll fucking throw their computer out on the street, and hose the fucker down at 2am (and his PC), if he gets violent I'll call the police and have him bailed up.

Anyone asks, the 17 other players will say it was raining breifly at 2am, and the cheater left peacefully with his PC as far as we know.