Sign in to follow this  
coporal_punishment

Modern us infantry

I too have seen these pics. I especially remember one of a bunch of dismounts and an M-2 along a berm, and the soldier in the foreground had an M-16A4.

Note that not all units are issued flattop M16's. Those that are, are also issued with M5 RAS (KAC rail system), M68 (Aimpoint Comp M), and--depending on availability--AN/PEQ-2's or AN/PAQ-4C's.

As stated above, IBA (Interceptor) is standard issue, if anything probably REMF 'Guard units are still wearing PASGT vests. I haven't heard anything about frontline guys wearing PASGT...

I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about radios, but the ICOM IC-F4S, PRC-126, PRC-148 (MBITR), PRC-119 (SINCGARS manpack), PRC-117 (manpack), and even Saber's are (still) in use (plus a bunch of others that aren't publicly mentioned often). Again it depends on the unit.

whats happend to your untis?

are there any news? i hop so because they are looking very nice.

c8xm16a2

same magazines as the a4

I see...

But what about models with accessories? M203, acog, reflex etc. Those are only available on the M16A4...

And, what about a M240? You could use some model, but what about "Earl style" ironsights then?

M24?

Just my opinion

The new BAS M240 is certainly high quality enough in my opinion, as well as the new M136AT4.

As for long arms, the vast majority of US Army Infantrymen still use the M16A2. A few have the A4, but only a small number. I would go with the A2. As for the M4, only certain units use that wide spread, like the 101st and 82nd Airborne, and 10th Mountain. In other units, the M4 mainly seems to be issued to Squad leaders and such.

If it was modern US army shouden't the rifles be M16A2,M16A3,M16A4 (don't know if every M16A3 have been updatet to A4), M4A1(I haven't seen the M4 for ages but I don't know it they are using it somewere).

STGN

The Army uses the M16 A2 (ONLY) and the M4.

M16 A3 is not used by the US Armed forces (IIRC)

M16 A4 is used exclusively by the USMC.

And the M4 A1 is used by USSOCOM and its affiliates.

Well I have seen pictures of US soldiers using the M16A3 or a M16A2 whit flattop and carryhandle I could not realy teel form the distance the picture was taken. I think it where some of the soldiers stationed in Germany but I am not sure tho I just rember it was a picture of an excercise. How do you caraterrice a M4A1 cause for a long time I havent seen eny M4 whit out flattop(and was not used by a police unit) which as fare as I know is the A1 version.

Is 101 airborn a USSOCOM affiliates cause if they don't use M4A1(whit Colt 6pos butt and RIS) I would like to know what that rifle is called(If you don't know it, don't say SOPMODM4A1 offcause if thats the way it is then its okay).

STGN

If it was modern US army shouden't the rifles be M16A2,M16A3,M16A4 (don't know if every M16A3 have been updatet to A4), M4A1(I haven't seen the M4 for ages but I don't know it they are using it somewere).

STGN

Army were the first that I saw in Kuwait with M16A4.  This was right about when I made my M16A4 for Suchey, and we had people, incl BTDT Marines telling me that it doesn't exist.... I was able to prove it did exist, and then I waited patiently until they finally started showing up with Marines in Iraq.

Check militaryphotos.net / iraqi freedom gallery / buildup forces in kuwait / us forces / #17 of 82.  Link probably wont work: http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....t17.jpg

These are the first pics I saw of M16A4's in combat.  It was quite a while before I saw Marines in Iraq with A4's.

And to throw another little bit of info in here, some section of the AF still uses a variant of the CAR-15. I think it's the guys who protect airfields.

AF uses the GAU-5(A,A/A,A/B, etc.) series, which is their version of the CAR-15.

I wish someone would make a VN CAR-15.... but anyways... The US military just made a BIG mistake changing to the m16 varients completly, if only I was in charge I'd make things better. Good work on your units we need some regular troops. I have a request though, maybe you could make a few guys with sleves rolled up? I know its not allowed in combat but if ya think of it half the time in OFP missions, they are at rest or not expecting war so why not?

As Munger said, a year ago I made a M24 sniper rifle with realistic Leupold Mark IV M3 10x40mm optical day sight (can be used for range estimating).

M24

m24.jpg

As Munger said, a year ago I made a M24 sniper rifle with realistic Leupold Mark IV M3 10x40mm optical day sight (can be used for range estimating).

M24

m24.jpg

Hey Andraz can you help us texture a couple of weapons for the pack, we are short of a weapon texturer, i'll make it worth your wild

NEWS-08.03.04-M60E3-BETA1.jpg

NEWS-08.03.04-M249SAW-BETA1.jpg

these are just a couple of weapons which will be in the pack, but we desp. need a weapon texturer. Please help (your name here) your our only hope.

Hey Andraz can you help us texture a couple of weapons for the pack, we are short of a weapon texturer, i'll make it worth your wild

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm really a lousy texturer. It took me nearly two months to map and make the textures for this weapon and I nearly swore to never do that again. As a matter of fact, I never did any other weapon add-on after M24.

I'm specialized in making realistic scope views for sniper rifles so if you need any help with that, let me know.

Why arent you using Sucheys weapons Cpl?

Sorry if its discussed already , i havent read the whole thread.

And that should come from you :The worlds most I don't care how my gun looks guy.

I think I am going to fait ghostface.gif

STGN

The gun modeler has learned how to texture, I can tell you that. Not sure if CPL Punishment even knows that...

And about Earl's weapons, they lack the diversity we're looking for. Yes, they look nice, but some of the gucci stuff we wanna put in hasn't been made.

Stay tuned.

They probably wanta throw in the PEQ-2's and forward grips and stuff like that.

Yep, and why do you guys care? I mean, release isn't gonna be for a while anyways, and you'll get new guns. rock.gif

STGN

Thats Incorrect, as my brother (U.S Army, Going to Iraq this week) has a M16A4 with a grip just infront of his Magazine Houseing. The Standard U.S Army Weapon is the M16A4.

And that should come from you :The worlds most I don't care how my gun looks guy.

I think I am going to fait ghostface.gif

STGN

Wrong dude i care about what gun iam holding and its quality.

I am the I DONT WANT THOUSANDS OF VARIENTS OF THE GUNS DONE THOUSANDS of TIMES type guy  wink_o.gif

@MSpencer: I thought I was the only one that used the word gucci on an everyday basis in that context HAHA.

George

STGN

Thats Incorrect, as my brother (U.S Army, Going to Iraq this week) has a M16A4 with a grip just infront of his Magazine Houseing. The Standard U.S Army Weapon is the M16A4.

Right now there is no set standard. Different US Army units have different M16 or M4 variants. That's the way its always been. It took AGES for some units to get the M16A2 for example.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The US Army still uses the A2. DM is right, the A4 is specific to the Marine Corps still. I remember you being wrong before, and now I really want proof.

Until then, it stays this way.