Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

Wild animals pack!

Goooo monkey tounge_o.gif

So we can act out the real David Armstrongs avater on OFPEC.

"Ever see a drunk monkey."

tounge_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Nice horse  biggrin_o.gif

Maybe when i found a script for mount horses  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]killer bees give us killer bees    

Thats a good idea, but what weapon should we use to kill them rock.giftounge_o.gif

I like wolfs, bears and ducks. So i vote for one of them.

But seriously, who woudln't want to see one of these in ofp

Armadillo

armadillo.jpg

Tapir

tapir.gif

Anteater

anteater.jpg

Snake, we need a snake because their every where in the Jungle, Forest, Mountains, Sea and the Desert  biggrin_o.gif

And their cool animals

Edit: Nice Lee looks very like hunting time ahum i mean looks very sweet tounge_o.gif

My vote goes for: Shark, duck, snake and a crocodile they are good for jungle style maps wink_o.gif

Hey Mig - is there a possibility you could use the cargo "vehicle" idea from your mule to make a mountable horse that you can shoot from?

ie. The horse mounts the saddle as driver, while a player can mount it as gunner (+commander), with the gunner space right where the saddle lies on the horse's back. It would need a custom gunner animation so he is sitting and only his top half moves, and maybe a set of special/null radio voices for the horse (ie. "neigh" instead of "roger", silence for "status red" etc.) - is this possible do you think?

Awesome work on the Mule anyway - cheers,

Cornhelium

random birds flying in the sky, or a bunch of them lifting off in fear after an explosion in Nam\Tonal jungles would be something very good to watch.

Hey Mig - is there a possibility you could use the cargo "vehicle" idea from your mule to make a mountable horse that you can shoot from?

ie. The horse mounts the saddle as driver, while a player can mount it as gunner (+commander), with the gunner space right where the saddle lies on the horse's back. It would need a custom gunner animation so he is sitting and only his top half moves, and maybe a set of special/null radio voices for the horse (ie. "neigh" instead of "roger", silence for "status red" etc.) - is this possible do you think?

Awesome work on the Mule anyway - cheers,

Cornhelium

thats not posible because the once was been player model will be turned into a vehicle model then. or you need to have scrips to do the job.

IM Working on a tiger now so Watch here. and I'm in the process of finishing up the deer addon.

/CymPatheeY

Tiger anyone

screenshot.jpg

Okay Heres the finished version of the tiger this one is going to need animations and such too so if anyone can do anims for it sweet. (damn Im fast) Another thing though right up at the face of the tiger it looks like to total shit so I might be correcting that, later on sometime.

/CymPatheeY

Poly count is:2136

Vertices:1102

all of you should combine you addons to brin ofp to a new level, you would make such a large impact on games every where. Really how many games have wild animals? theres a few but not many. You guys are wonderful. Heres my suggestion, a rhino, how cool would that be?

Well i wouild make animals appropriate to the theatre of warfare i.e. no point having elephants on Nogova becuase they are centralised in Afria, South Asia and South East Asia. I suggest making animals indiginious to Europe since most islands are based apon European flora so its natural to have European flura.

Well i wouild make animals appropriate to the theatre of warfare i.e. no point having elephants on Nogova becuase they are centralised in Afria, South Asia and South East Asia. I suggest making animals indiginious to Europe since most islands are based apon European flora so its natural to have European flura.

good way to keep ofp lame forever tounge_o.gif

i say make animals for other regions, besides, arent we sick of Nogova yet?

Quote[/b] ]Okay Heres the finished version of the tiger this one is going to need animations and such too so if anyone can do anims for it sweet. (damn Im fast) Another thing though right up at the face of the tiger it looks like to total shit so I might be correcting that, later on sometime.

/CymPatheeY

Poly count is:2136

Vertices:1102

This polycount will work fine. Nice Tiger  wink_o.gif

really im sick of every "new" island looking the exact same. Its so boring sites are like "NEW MAP BY BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!" and it just looks the same as all others. If people want OFP to rise above all other games you must change everyhting including the island textures and buildings. Which = new animals for different types of maps.

really im sick of every "new" island looking the exact same. Its so boring sites are like "NEW MAP BY BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!" and it just looks the same as all others. If people want OFP to rise above all other games you must change everyhting including the island textures and buildings. Which = new animals for different types of maps.

Yep - but there are several new Vietnam islands in making with different jungle terrains. Further Im working on some islands of the Philippines Conflict Zine Mindanao where up to 60% of the textures are new ones. 2 Kinds of jungle will be included aswell as several other terrain typical for that area.

Btw as a new animal I would suggest a waterbuffalo with the option to let it pull a wagon as these animals are typical for asian surroundings.

ie. The horse mounts the saddle as driver, while a player can mount it as gunner (+commander), with the gunner space right where the saddle lies on the horse's back.

Cornhelium

thats not posible because the once was been player model will be turned into a vehicle model then.

Why would it not be possible? The horse is an AI/player and the saddle is the vehicle. The horse mounts the saddle "vehicle" by being under it, the gunner mounts the vehicle by sitting on it.

The gunner animations seem like they would be somewhat difficult and there is the question of would the "horse player" walk when moving in the "saddle vehicle".

That might a problem. But there's probably somebody out there smart enough to figure it out.

How about this? Is is possible to have a horse that "gets in" a saddle vehicle. And when that happens, the player/AI horse is hidden and replaced with a vehicle horse with saddle? Of course, if a human AI/player got in, it would look like they magically became a horse, so maybe that's a bad idea. But there could be something useful in there somewhere.

Good point Don_T_Shoot, I forgot about the horse's legs not moving when mounted as driver  wow_o.gif

Perhaps Mig can input here...how does the cargo mule work mate? Is it that:

1. your mule is mounting the "ammo crate (ie. vehicle+ammo)" but maintaining the walking animation?

2. it is a real ammo crate, following the mule via a script/proxy?

3. is there no crate, and the option to rearm at the mule is added to the players action menu via a script?

...If the answer is 1 is there a possibility that the player could mount this vehicle as gunner+commander?

...If the answer is 2, is there a possibility to make a static weapon follow the mule and be mountable by the player? (+ Mule joins player's team so it can be directed)

Please excuse my ignorance of scripting/editing. crazy_o.gif

Great work everyone on the animals!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Suggest a Leopard as a good "fits many maps" predator. I quote "Leopards are the most widespread and adaptable big cat, and are found in almost every habitat, from desert to rainforest. They range from Africa through the Middle East, India and China, north to southern Siberia, and south through the Malay peninsula to the islands of Borneo, Sumatra, and Java. They are equally at home in a steaming Indian jungle, a cool Amur forest, or the hot, treeless mountains of Iran and Afghanistan. " ( from http://www.wildcatconservation.org/cats....x.shtml )