Sign in to follow this  
ran

New french army communication campaign

Windows media (100k/s)

Real Player (100k/s)

(sorry, the vid screen format is awfully small but we'll soon get bigger ones)

here are some visuals for paper medias :

bg2.jpg

(Band of Brothers rip off anyone ? tounge_o.gif the caption means : "a job that's more than a job")

guyane.jpg

(you'll learn a job, but moreover you'll learn about yourself)

cuisinier.jpg

(even when our kitchens are closed, our cooks are ready to help *or maybe, "stay open"*)

trans.jpg

(Europe, Africa, Asia: the radio operator job can definitely make you go far in life)

helicoptere.jpg

(we will do anything to help you rise fast)

filet.jpg

(rare are the companies where your coworkers never miss an occasion to support you)

inondations.jpg

(without any contest, we give you the meens to go forward)

the TV spot has been first aired this week-end and the visual ads above are starting to appear

in my opinion, it's not bad at all, especially compared to what the com. departments of our armed forces did recently

TV spot transcript :

"become mechanic and serve peace

become a technician and have responsabilities

become a CEO and open yourself to others

rare are companies which form you to a job and more than a job

call the 3240 and say "land forces""

in my opinion, it's not bad at all, especially compared to what the com. departments of our armed forces did recently

Must... resist... making French Army videogame joke... tounge_o.gif

Not bad at all. Did France finally end conscription? I remember Mitterand saying that it would be gone by 2000, but I don't know if that actually happened or not.

Not bad at all. Did France finally end conscription? I remember Mitterand saying that it would be gone by 2000, but I don't know if that actually happened or not.

conscription has been scrapped in the late 90's smile_o.gif well, the last conscripts left around 2000/2001 IIRC

when i remember about the "Apprendre Å•" campaign by the Navy in 2001 or the 2003 one which made the navy look like the Club Med well ......

and the past Army TV Spot (99 one) was a bit lame i'd say .... it was all about fighting units rushing in without much message

The 2003 ones were a bit better but weren't too "catching" just like the other media coverages, they were based on not-so-good pictures with not-so-good catch phrases

the 2004/2006 campaign is much more elaborate in my opinion and it shows a bit more creativity

the new internet budget for the Army recruitment and communication department will represent 25% of the overall office budget (against 10% in 2003)

Do you know what the French order of battle looks like now? I heard they were disbanding the divisional structure (5-6 battalions) and are going with Brigades (3-4 battalions) now. Does the 6e DLB exist anymore? What are the new units? Is the 1st Armored Division still in Germany?

Quote[/b] ]in my opinion, it's not bad at all, especially compared to what the com. departments of our armed forces did recently

Ah, yes I thought I saw this campaign too:

adt1.jpg

adt2.jpg

tounge_o.gif

Pourquoi est-ce que les réservoirs de freanch sont ont si légers, rapides et la vitesse d'inversion la plus rapide dans le monde des réservoirs ?

(translated using babelfish so may not seem exactly right but i dont speak french, savvy?

tounge_o.gif

j/king lol

Pourquoi est-ce que les réservoirs de freanch sont ont si légers, rapides et la vitesse d'inversion la plus rapide dans le monde des réservoirs ?

And back to English, by Babel Fish:

Quote[/b] ]Why are the tanks of freanch have so light, fast and the speed of the inversion fastest in the world of the tanks?

crazy_o.gif

I think he means to ask "Why do French tanks have the fastest reverse speed of any in the world?"

@ Feb. 01 2004,01:39)]I think he means to ask "Why do French tanks have the fastest reverse speed of any in the world?"

lol, well does make for a quick "getaway"

The French Army sucks! How witty and original hahahaha. hah. wink_o.gif

I liked the ads, especially the one with the little child. Made my eyes tear up, it did. wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Quote[/b] ]Why are the tanks of freanch have so light, fast and the speed of the inversion fastest in the world of the tanks?

crazy_o.gif

ROFL

Excellent!

Can I ask, is there any1 still finding these jokes funny?

Quote[/b] ]

crazy_o.gif

ROFL

Excellent!

Can I ask, is there any1 still finding these jokes funny?

yes these jokes will last until france ceases to exist

Being a bit of a Francophile myself, I swear that the next time that uses this topic for French jokes I will lock this sucker up. Maybe even throw in a PR for going off topic.

Old British Army adverts were great were you had to make a decision and later on in the commercial break it would tell you what you had to do.

Being a bit of a Francophile myself, I swear that the next time that uses this topic for French jokes I will lock this sucker up. Maybe even throw in a PR for going off topic.

I wonder what would happen to a person who told jokes like that about jews, blacks etc.. wink_o.gif