Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Ofp combat photography 2. no pics over 100kb

I have been tempted to do this for too long now...

Copy_Parvus1small.jpg

Copy_Parvus2small.jpg

zahn.giftounge_o.gif

Did You have the permission? Do You know the meaning of this ® symbol?  rock.gif

Permission for what? The ®-symbol means that the title Softegg Studios 2004 is registered. Nothing else. Milkman made the pics himself, the only thing he copied was your text.

Did You have the permission? Do You know the meaning of this ® symbol?  rock.gif

but i very much doubt you have any copyright rights on OFP, screenshots or so forth.... and i doubt even more that your mod is a registered company (®)...

you lost all copyright as soon as you posted the pics on a public forum, sorry to say

i think parvus meant the © thing not the r

And where do you see that symbol?

Permission for what? The ®-symbol means that the title Softegg Studios 2004 is registered. Nothing else. Milkman made the pics himself, the only thing he copied was your text.
but i very much doubt you have any copyright rights on OFP, screenshots or so forth.... and i doubt even more that your mod is a registered company (®)...

you lost all copyright as soon as you posted the pics on a public forum, sorry to say

first i want to say:

ofp is a game and not the real-life. everything here is just for fun.

biggrin_o.gif

picture-makers are like artists, they are proud about their screenshots and want to entertain or surprise the others.

wow_o.gif

but:

if someone makes some screenies and adds the sign of someone else, this is not correct. am i wrong if i think, you can first ask for permission if you change someones screenshots or use his sign?

rock.gif

every screenshot has a message. it's the same like someone posts a message with the sign of someone other.

mad_o.gif

parvus uses a lot of his time to make outstanding screenshots which documents the quality and progress of our project. so his/our work/sign has deserved a kind of protection. with our without any ©, ® or ™ symbols.

blues.gif

@iNeo and Messiah:

what would you say if i release some screenshots and sign them with iNeo or Project UHForces?

tounge_o.gif

finally, for the audience:

OPEF_ingame_81_1024.jpg

1600x1200

How do you get the © and ® symbols anyway?  Other than copying them like I did just now.  Hold alt and what numbers?  Alt 0153 is the ™ but that's all I know for that.

softegg... i was meerly talking about the validity of the copyright...

you could release pictures of project ukf if you wanted to... but considering you have no access to our units, you'd be hard pressed... and we would always just come online and deny the pics....

i'm all for asking permission, thats fine... but saying that i may not change a photo because of a registered tag (which i doubt is legal - unless your mod is a registered company) or a copyright tag... its a pic from a game... you can't copyright it

How do you get the © and ® symbols anyway?  Other than copying them like I did just now.  Hold alt and what numbers?  Alt 0153 is the ™ but that's all I know for that.

ctrl+alt+r=®

ctrl+alt+r=©

smile_o.gif

anyways: just a random pic to stay ontopic tounge_o.gif

post-3-44480-2.JPG

BTW: yes i know its a bad pic, but i couldnt upload another1+fotoshop is kinda..... dead tounge_o.gif

How do you get the © and ® symbols anyway? Other than copying them like I did just now. Hold alt and what numbers? Alt 0153 is the ™ but that's all I know for that.

ctrl+alt+r=®

ctrl+alt+r=©

smile_o.gif

does not work for me...

milkman: second one is a great pic!

wrong anything that can be considered art( anything these days) made by u after u have done it u own complete intellectual property rights on it so if u take a shit u can call IPR on that. Trust me sitting a 5 day conference on it really imprinted this shit on my mind.

on topic

great pics everyone.

biggrin_o.gif

oh man, you gotta love those

Quote[/b] ]blablablabla bla bla! bla? blablabla

anyways, back on topic:

nice pics every1

-postings wink_o.gif

Russians attempt to invade a city just behind the border and force the FDF to relocate troops from the front:

5-2-04a.jpg

---

5-2-04b.jpg

5-2-04c.jpg

A platoon breaks through one of the lines and pushes in:

5-2-04d.jpg

But Finnish armor halts the advance into the city:

5-2-04e.jpg

The russians are forced to withdraw after they lose too many aircraft to Finnish AA:

5-2-04f.jpg

---

5-2-04h.jpg

In reference to all of the above posts about copyright of pics, mission/campaigns etc. Anything like this should be handled through PMs, not debated here. If you cannot resolve a dispute via PM, contact a moderator, and we will be happy to look into it.

This topic is for the posting of screenshots - people don't want to wade through 2 pages of posts before they get to a sreenshot. sad_o.gif

You're going to have to brush up on international copyright law. Using your work publicly doesn't terminate your rights to it, nor does it give anyone else permission to just start using it.

Also, one does not need to apply for copyright protection. Any work that one creates is automatically protected as an unpublished work as soon as one creates it -- formally applying to the copyright office merely eases the burden of proof should one get into litigation someday.

Edit: Fixed a goofed-up IconBoard tag.