Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

I am not looking forward to this pack anymore, here's why:

1. This topic, has been up forever and is about... eh, nothing.

2. If it's gonna be so long, make it in Discussions.

3. Putting it here saying within a day or two and stretching it past a week isn't cool. At least edit to say "Not Imminent".

Otherwise, the pack looks good and I'm downloading it. biggrin_o.gif

Do you know when a fixed script is going to be released? I really want to play with these zombies but right now without those scripts it's kind of useless. sad_o.gif

I am not looking forward to this pack anymore, here's why:

1. This topic, has been up forever and is about... eh, nothing.

2. If it's gonna be so long, make it in Discussions.

3. Putting it here saying within a day or two and stretching it past a week isn't cool. At least edit to say "Not Imminent".

Otherwise, the pack looks good and I'm downloading it. biggrin_o.gif

1. The full pack was released (kinda). The only thing is that the auto attack functionality isn't working. I think it may well be a bug in OFP because I've had ag_smith, bratty look at the scripts and they can't determine what's wrong.

2. Sorry if you think I've "stretched" out the release of the pack, but I'm damned if I'm gonna spend every spare hour of my week hunting down bugs in OFP script - especially as I spend 8 hours a day (not incl. some weekends) working as a software developer already! (Say "aw" smile_o.gif )

For those of you who are waiting, I am doing as much as I can in the time I have. I am sure you will agree that a lot of work has gone into the addons already.

After a bit of playing around with these i wanted to figure out why it was crashing, so after extensive testing i've narrowed it down to this line<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#walk

_z PlayMove "moan1"

~3

and it is only that "move" that crashes, so i looked into the config.cpp and this is what its got... <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMovesMC

{

class Default {};

class DefaultDie: Default {};

class StandBase: Default {};

class States

{

class moan1: StandBase

{

actions=Standactions;

file="";

speed=0;

looped=false;

soundEnabled=true;

soundOverride = "z1moan1";

duty = RestDuty;

interpolationSpeed=0.1;

connectFrom[]={Stand, 1, StandVar2, 1, StandVar3, 1};

connectTo[]={Stand, 1, StandVar2, 1, StandVar3, 1};

interpolateTo[]={StandDying,0.1,StandDyingVer2,0.1};

};

Now i'm not a config writer, so i have no clue why its crashing, but its definitely that one move.. So can anyone that knows something about configs help here? tounge_o.gif

It can't be that only because I removed all of the lines that tell the zombies to move or walk, but it still crashes. Interestingly, the zombies run a few meters, then stop, and then it crashes. What's supposed to happen after that, if the script worked?

if i changed the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#walk

_z PlayMove "moan1"

~3 to something like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#walk

;;;;_z PlayMove "moan1"

~3

The zombies would continue to run up to you, after a few secs of being close, they would play the strokefist move, and you should take damage, although there is an error in the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t setDammage (getDammage _t + gblZombieDamage)

part of the script so i didnt get hurt, but nonetheless, it worked nicely

Edit: The reason why they stopped then it crashed, is they were about to play the move, if you change "moan1" in the script to your other move "eat1", they run for a few secs, stop, and do the eating animation

well the ones i have are workign fine and as far as i can tell.....its the up to date ones biggrin_o.gif, someone who has their zombies crashing, write me a list of all the zombie pbo files u use and then i'll email the ones ive got see if that works biggrin_o.gif

well the ones i have are workign fine and as far as i can tell.....its the up to date ones biggrin_o.gif, someone who has their zombies crashing, write me a list of all the zombie pbo files u use and then i'll email the ones ive got see if that works biggrin_o.gif

I found out why it's crashing.

The code now WORKS as expected, and is undergoing final polish.

Basically I was performing operations on a NULL pointer, and OFP was throwing an exception instead of reporting it properly. So, here's a lesson: YOU CAN'T USE THE alive() FUNCTION ON A NULL OBJECT.

BIS: WHY DID YOU REMOVE THE TEXTLOG STATEMENT?!!! crazy_o.gif

movemalezombie.sqs

usage: [_z] exec "movemalezombie.sqs"

where _z is the zombie unit you want to make a shambler (this code is actually contained within the addon. You don't need to paste it into your mission)

Before my zombies will attack, you need the following variables defined:

gblAllTargets = a GLOBAL array of units for the zombies to attack!

e.g.

gblAllTargets = [Player, units group Player, units group1, units group2]

gblZombieDamage = a real number indicating how much zombie each zombie attack does to a target (0 = None, .5 = Half damage, 1= instantaneous kill.)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

? count gblAllTargets == 0: exit

_z = _this Select 0

? IsNull(_z): exit

_t = objNull

#Main

~1

?(!alive _z) : goto "End"

? (IsNull(_t)) : goto "fnt"

? (alive _t) : goto "move"

#fnt

? count gblAllTargets ==0: exit

_y = 0

_t = gblAllTargets Select 0

#lp

? _y>= count gblAllTargets: goto "premove"

_u = gblAllTargets select _y

? _z distance _u < _z distance _t: _t = _u

~2

_y=_y+1

goto "lp"

#premove

_z dowatch _t

#move

_d = _z distance _t

? _d > 600 : Goto "end"

? _d > 5 : goto "walk"

? _d < 5 : goto "engage"

Goto "Main"

#walk

~3

_z domove getpos _t

~2

goto "Main"

#engage

? !alive _z: goto "end"

_z setPos getpos _t

_z PlayMove "standstrokefist"

_t setDammage (getDammage _t + gblZombieDamage)

~1.5

? getDammage _t >= 1: goto "eat"

goto "Main"

#eat

gblTargetsKilledByZombies = gblTargetsKilledByZombies + [_t]

_z setpos getpos _t

_y = 0

#eatlp

_z PlayMove "eat1"

~7

_y = _y+1

? _y != 4: goto "eatlp"

goto "fnt"

#End

~2

DeleteVehicle _z

exit

if i changed the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#walk

_z PlayMove "moan1"

~3

to something like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#walk

;;;;_z PlayMove "moan1"

~3

The zombies would continue to run up to you, after a few secs of being close, they would play the strokefist move, and you should take damage, although there is an error in the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t setDammage (getDammage _t + gblZombieDamage)

part of the script so i didnt get hurt, but nonetheless, it worked nicely

Edit: The reason why they stopped then it crashed, is they were about to play the move, if you change "moan1" in the script to your other move "eat1", they run for a few secs, stop, and do the eating animation

gblZombieDamage is a global variable that needs to be set by you in your mission. Just create a GAME LOGIC unit and set as the initialisation:

gblZombieDamage = 1

And watch those zombies kick some arse.

I've got 37 marines vs 150 zombies and the zombies ate nearly the feckin lot.

Huh? It still crashes for me! What version are you using? Can you possibly upload a test mission? Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the editor.

YES!!!!

THE ZOMBIE PACK BETA IS COMPLETE!!!!

Download from www.freewebs.com/tunstals/zombies.pbo

DELETE OLDER ZOMBIES.PBO PLEASE

NEW

1) Zombies take 6+ hits to kill (1 head shot tho)

2) Crawler takes 30+ body hits to kill (1 head shot tho)

3) As does headless bloke

4) zombies go on all you can eat spree (with animations)

HOW TO USE THESE BAD BOYS:

1) In your zombie mission, create a GAME LOGIC unit, with initialisation string

gblAllTargets = [Player]

append to this array all the units you want to be targeted by the zombies, e.g.

gblAllTargets = [Player] + units group1 + units group2 + units group3 + units group4

2)  Create a GAME LOGIC unit containing the following initialisation string:

gblZombieDamage = 1

This means 1 hit from a zombie kills you. Set to .5 for 2 hits, .2 for 5 hits etc.

3) Drop in yer zombies (ONLY DR. TONGUE DOES NOT WORK YET.) and LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!

YOU WILL GET A LOT OF DEBUG MESSAGES FROM THE ZOMBIES. THESE DEBUG MESSAGES GLOBALCHAT THE HUMAN TARGETS AND WILL BE REMOVED IN THE NEXT BETA RELEASE (which will be tomorrow or monday). ALL OF THE WORK I AM COMMENCING NOW WILL BE BACKWARD COMPATIBLE, SO START CREATING YOUR MISSIONS *NOW*!

The following code should be part of your mission for good housekeeping. This basically updates the "live target list" so zombies don't attack corpses.

Exec the code from a game logic unit, e.g.  

[] exec "monitortargets.sqs"

monitortargets.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#outer

_uc = count gblAllTargets

? _uc == 0: exit

Player globalchat format["No of targets: %1", _uc]

_y = 0

#inner

? _y>= _uc: goto "wait"

_u = gblAllTargets select _y

? alive _u: goto "nxt"

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets- [_u]

goto "outer"

#nxt

_y = _y+1

goto "inner"

#wait

~4

goto "outer"

NOW CHOKE ON EM!!!! lol

Test mission coming up in next half hour... be afraid, be very afraid.

Uhh, is it just me, or is this still the exact same pbo as your previous version? it still crashes and has the same scripts inside... did you forget to upload the newest version to your server?

extremely lookin foreward to this  ghostface.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Crashes where exactly? I'm running the PBO just fine.

Let's do a file check:

Is your zombies.pbo 1605266 bytes in size?

When you set gblAllTargets = [Player]

and then drop a zombie onto the map, do you see "entering function" appear (this indicates that the zombie is actively identifying and considering the closest target) ?

Cos if you don't, then you don't have the correct version smile_o.gif

Nope, it's 1,859,304 bytes, and it doesn't say entering function. I think you didn't upload the new version or you uploaded the old one.

I only work with one version of the pbo, so I doubt I uploaded the wrong one.

Anyway now I DEFINITELY have the correct version on the server ready for d/l. I've downloaded it myself and compared it with the working binary, and they are identical.

If you STILL can't get it to work I will give the source to D. Murphy man and maybe he can compile it.

Maybe something going wrong with the uploading, the version on your site is exactly the same as the old version and it's still 1.77 mb or 1,859,304 bytes.  rock.gif

Can you send the pbo straight from your hard drive to me with email? If you can send it to ofp_rules@hotmail.com .

At the start of the mission it says "Hello" instead of what you said it should say as well.

Sniper, I've emailed you the pbo.

The rest of ya, try

http://www.freewebs.com/tunstals/ZOMBIES.ZIP

Now there's not been a zip file on the server before, so I expect there'll be no caching on server OR client side to worry about, so if this STILL fucks up, I'm gonna go apeshit.

Also, text searched all the files in the zip and there's no "Hello" message there. So if it appears, you defo have the wrong file.

THANK CHRIST FOR THAT!!!! tounge_o.gif

AGAIN... d/l @

HTTP://WWW.FREEWEBS.COM/TUNSTALS/ZOMBIES.ZIP

COPY ABOVE URL INTO YOUR BROWSER. DIRECT LINKING NOT ALLOWED sad_o.gif

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PUT THIS FILE ON 3RD PARTY SERVERS.

Ah, time to turn caps lock off lol

It's 2am UK time (I'm in Glasgow, Scotland) so now I'm off to bed. That's what ya get when ya ask when I'm gonna release!!! lol

Night all..

Scott

Awesome, works perfectly now. BTW, will there ever be a way for the zombies to automatically choose enemy units to attack? Because now they always attack whoever you put in the gblalltargets first.

http://aardvark.zapto.org/~black-beret/addons/ZOMBIES.ZIP

http://aardvark.zapto.org/~black-beret/addons/usage_of_zombie.txt

Added the usage there too.  wink_o.gif

Tracy, once you release the next one, send me a PM and I'll upload it ASAP. smile_o.gif

I hope you fix the bug with the zombies only attacking the first loon on the array. Shouldn't be too hard to randomize it? ;) Anyways, looking good! smile_o.gif

Hawkins

Mirror at my site too link in Sig wink_o.gif

The zombies dont seem to be attacking the first loon in the array for me, they just seem to attack the closes poor basterd.

But iv only tested it once then got rushed to my free webs account to load it up on there.