Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Ofp deluxe!

I'm not 100% sure if anyone has ever suggested such a mod like this. My idea for a mod is to compile all the custom improvement/replacement addons for ofp which there are hundreds of them out there, and do a one single mod of them. Some of the addons could be:

-The new ECP configuration pack

-Hisky by Kegetys

-satchels sound pack

-High resolution versions of the original ofp islands

-Retextured guerillas by Edge (to replace the originals)

-INQ weapon pack

-Silesian's retextured vehicles (to replace the originals)

-Sigma-6's tanks (to replace the originals)

-Red Hammer Studios Tanks (to replace the originals)

-Some UCE's units for East and West soldiers ?? (to replace the originals)

-And many many many more... Suggestions?

This Mod would be of course good for an easy installation pack for those who dislikes the bis versions of the units and things, but also for requirements for custom campaigns/missions and MP missions.

The first thing that should be done is of course to ask for permission from the authors to use the addons in this mod.

I'm not asking anyone to join me as I'm not going to be a part of this mod because I don't know much about modding. This is just an idea for those who would be possibly up for the job. Anyone?

good idea!! I have already replaced some original vehicle texture whit some new ones (to do this, you have to depbo data.pbo in ...\res\hwtl and replace the .paa and .pac files). But I don't know how to replace the model: I know that I should depbo data3d.pbo in ...\res\hwtl, rename the new files and replace the old one's, but when I do this and I load "intro" mission the game crash to the desktop saying "bad file format in p3d file". Anyone know why?

I'm all for this, except I'd rather have suchey's marines and weapons than INQ's - no offence to Inq. Suchey's stuff if just incredible.

someone is already doing this using sucheys marines and russian conterparts with the helos and stuff

someone is already doing this using sucheys marines and russian conterparts with the helos and stuff

Errr... Like who, where and when? Any links?

He's using only sucheys marines and russians and some animations, that's all... I'm talking about muuuuch much bigger mod using all kinds of addons all the way from high resolution skies and sounds to as many replacement units as one can find. Also animations could be replaced if anyone finds or makes some good ones.

U simple talking about repackaged OFPR into maxed visual and script quality this engine is capable of ...

i hope it will happen, but that will need massive organizing effort to coordinate all modders ...

I'm all for this, except I'd rather have suchey's marines and weapons than INQ's - no offence to Inq.  Suchey's stuff if just incredible.

I agree. Earls have been designed from the ground up for the OFP engine..taking into account LODS, polygon limits etc. BAS is considering them for the Ranger/Delta upgrade...we know when we've met our match...and Earls weapons are simply to good not to use ;-)

That's a suprise to hear.  wow_o.gif  I quite liked the BAS weapons.

Thanks.....but the Desert version still make me wince when I look at the textures.

And you can't beat the way Earl has done iron sights and reflex sights on his weapons.

Thanks.....but the Desert version still make me wince when I look at the textures.

And you can't beat the way Earl has done iron sights and reflex sights on his weapons.

1. Wellcome to the club biggrin_o.gif

2. You mean when you are aiming right whit v right?

STGN

1. Wellcome to the club biggrin_o.gif

2. You mean when you are aiming right whit v right?

STGN

1. ty smile_o.gif

2. yes.

I like Inq weapons as a replacement, but I know that is issues about them, I would be happy with S&E weapons, but they havn't covered as many weapons that Inquisitor had. So, at list S&E comes with a full conversion of weapons, I meen, at the moment they don't even have sniper weapons.

I know that they may update the pack with snipers(That's what I heard) so that would be the majority of them.

Other weapons could be retextured BIS weapons following the S&E texturing standart, same for the sights, but this meens to work on another addon to do so.

@CERO.

You are right, Suchey's and Earl's weapons would replace well the originals but the at weapons doesn't match so well the original at weapons but I think thay could be fixed some way.

Lets all go over to S&E's houses and chain them to their computers until they recreate the other original BIS weapons. Then we can have the total conversion tounge_o.gif

*bump*

Any volunteers so far?

i have made a little pack. it contains Ebud´s PBR & Water (both Nam style); Llaumas Hi-Sky; Silesians Cessna, T55, Su-25 & Apache; Inquisitors G36, Desert Island.

have included all original readme´s (packed into 1), so i think it´s ok to release wink_o.gif

Download.. part1

Download.. part2

had to split the file because the uploader didn´t like 8,5 MB

be warned that many of the used addons are Beta ! (but they really don´t look like this)

have fun smile_o.gif

Bump.

I also would like to have a pack like the author of this thread suggested.The idea has been launched several times but up to know it has always gooten forgotten.

I'm sick of the fact that 90ů of the Mp Ofp servers still use the years old standard Ofp stuff while there are so many great replacements out there.

Because i want this deluxe version to become a standard ,it's important to define what should be included ,however i myself wont discuss on this matter ,but i hope a number of people can compile one list of what should be included.

I like the effort of Mr. Burns ,however i would prefer a more wide and concented pack.

now you can replace BIS' Hind, Mi-17 and BMP-1/2 with CSLA's !! smile_o.gif

Bump.

I also would like to have a pack like the author of this thread suggested.The idea has been launched several times but up to know it has always gooten forgotten.

I'm sick of the fact that 90ů of the Mp Ofp servers still use the years old standard Ofp stuff while there are so many great replacements out there.

Because i want this deluxe version to become a standard ,it's important to define what should be included ,however i myself wont discuss on this matter ,but i hope a number of people can compile one list of what should be included.

I like the effort of Mr. Burns ,however i would prefer a more wide and concented pack.

Exactly! That's just what I mean. I could help as much as I can but I don't have much skills for making mods. I could for example compile a full list of addons for this and such. Also people could suggest addons as much as they come up with in this thread. So all we need now is a team, and this kind of mod doesn't need too big of a team.

C'mon peeps! rock.gif

Btw. I just saw that a pack of new retextured A10's is released by scaircro.

I sugested this before, maybe in some other topic.

If people( whoever, whenever, and as many as possible) choose a good addon, depbo it and find the names of the textures(pac and paa) someone could colect all this information and modifie the configuration bin with all that.

Maybe more than one people could work in the configuration, then all you need to do is for somebody to get the work of all the configurations that have been edited and put it in one.

Let say that I colect information for west vehicles and somebody colect information for East infantry, and so on.

At the end we pass the stuff to somebody ellse from the team to put it all togueder and make a full conversion.

Ofcourse, you can then change things like on ECP and GMR, and make sure everybody agress in armour values, balistics, etc.

It would take half as long to do by working togueder.

@CERO.

Edit:

Ofcourse, you are looking to change some models aswell, so that would have to be colected too.

I sugested this before, maybe in some other topic.

If people( whoever, whenever, and as many as possible) choose a good addon, depbo it and find the names of the textures(pac and paa) someone could colect all this information and modifie the configuration bin with all that.

Maybe more than one people could work in the configuration, then all you need to do is for somebody to get the work of all the configurations that have been edited and put it in one.

Let say that I colect information for west vehicles and somebody colect information for East infantry, and so on.

At the end we pass the stuff to somebody ellse from the team to put it all togueder and make a full conversion.

Ofcourse, you can then change things like on ECP and GMR, and make sure everybody agress in armour values, balistics, etc.

It would take half as long to do by working togueder.

@CERO.

Edit:

Ofcourse, you are looking to change some models aswell, so that would have to be colected too.

Sounds like a plan. I could start to do this if enough people joins us plus the config bin guy, at least the last one. You got anybody yet?