Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Australia - world's largest island

Nice, that looks like the abandoned place where I camped out as a kid in the local National Park, put a Red Gum next to it and a small campfire, and it's perfect. Arrgh .............the memories. smile_o.gif

BTW, is that a new tree in the background? The euro trees will look out of place past the CBD's and suburbs, are you considering making aussie flora?

[Off-Topic]

No doubt the world has been exposed to this:

croc_010304_big.jpg

Most Aussies already regarded him as a bit odd, this is the icing on the cake. Any of you tourists wanna still <s>meat</s> meet him? I'd rather have dingo's babysit kids than this bloke. tounge_o.gif

[/Off-Topic]

We are using everything possible that is already made for Res, that way we can get it done quicker, you won't have to download as much and we can keep it consistant.

In areas where it is unavoidale we are making our own stuff. That house is just something I whipped up for the desert locations, we will make things as necessary, a gum tree is on my list aswell as some desert plants.

Will the crocodile hunter be included as a civillian in this pack? With his really short... tight... pants? <-- just had to put this in.

ps: use sharp + smooth edges on your models or you will DIE

Very doubtful we will be making people for this island, and even more doubtful we would make stereotypical misconceptions. wink_o.gif

New textures - still being finalised - currently working on Ayers rock:

ayersrock2.jpg

The rock itself will have terrain adjustments done to more closely match the shape.

Very doubtful we will be making people for this island, and even more doubtful we would make stereotypical misconceptions.  wink_o.gif

What, like what I hear about New Zealanders and sheep? crazy_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Very doubtful we will be making people for this island, and even more doubtful we would make stereotypical misconceptions.  wink_o.gif

What, like what I hear about New Zealanders and sheep?  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

sheep jockeys!

There won't be any sheep, we want our NZ players to keep their eyes on the flag tounge_o.gif

ayersrock3.jpg

Is that 'the olgas' in the background. I haven't seen them yet, but are they that big?

Nice progress BTW smile_o.gif

I haven't done the Olgas yet at all, I better get back accross the border to VIC now anyway, more work to be done on the port of Melbourne and is surrounding suburbs. I'll come back to the desert areas later.

Nogova fuel station was looking pretty crappy, so I whipped up this:

onthemove.jpg

Not certain if I'll use it but its there if I need it. Still trying to use all the Nogova objects that I can.

It looks good, but I've never seen a BP, or any main-chain operator with a small station like that, but it will do just nicely seeing as it's a scaled down Australia anyway. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]There won't be any sheep, we want our NZ players to keep their eyes on the flag

WHAT no sheeps! tounge_o.gif

SHEEPH.jpg

you need to use sharp and smooth edges crazy_o.gif

when will you stop saying that?

when will you stop saying that?

when he uses sharp and smooth edges smile_o.gif

Blackdog.. its still in the damn editor dude calm down. Go spellcheck someone else's work. wink_o.gif

If you guys are not mature enough to view works in progress then you get no screenshots until everything is completely finished. Which is fine by me.

There is just 1-2 of them.

No need to show off your amazing ability to count here.

Quote[/b] ]No need to show off your amazing ability to count here.

No need to point out your inability to distinguish from finished and in-editor models tounge_o.gif .

Stop with the spamming now, kids.

If you got nothing meaningful to say, then don't say anything at all.

smile_o.gif

Looking great, LT.

I'm hungry for more.

Do you have any idea how far in KM it will be to fly between Aus and NZ?