Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Australia - world's largest island

Cheers Shadow if you had not stepped in the next news about this addon would of been in ADDONS & MODS COMPLETED wink_o.gif

In a chopper it took me ages, its about twice the distance between Nogova and the little airfield island to the north, maybe more.

Quote[/b] ]Do you have any idea how far in KM it will be to fly between Aus and NZ?

My rough estimation, using the map shown by Lt Damage on page one: 7 and a half to 8 klicks wink_o.gif

After reading about the island in the news section of www.ofp.gamezone.cz, I have come to learn that the mod  is called 'The Red Kangaroo <s>Mob</s> Mod' for which this island is based involves for some reason or another, Argentina, I have no real idea why, other than that the website of this mob is in spanish, and at least one of the guys involved in the project is Argentinian, but I guess it involves Argentina invading New Zealand and then the commonwealth, and the two other nations involved in the ANZUS treaty open up a can of whoop-ass on the invading argentinian armada.

I'll quote a few important people about the mod, seeing as the comments are likely to be lost in the neverending new news posts at ofp.gamezone.cz, and of people who may or may not be registered to the forum.

Quote[/b] ]Asterix

THE WEBSITE OF THE MOD IS:

www.halcon.tk

There you have forums in english too:

www.halcon-forums.tk

Quote[/b] ]Ash

I'm confused.... Why would there be a mod comprising of UK/Australian and Argentina forces? I mean is it a fictional invasion of Australia or something?

Why Argentina?  

Quote[/b] ]Asterix

I´m Argentine...that´s why... and in the missions that Xeonark my co-leader is making you will understand the hisroy better...It will be amazing the missions!!!

We have half Halcon team doing them...

With artillery, and a lot of things...you will have "a little surprise" soon....jejejjee

Now, my biggest if is, once looking at the website, why no Kiwi forces. Why have a scenario that can only lead up to Argentina getting a can of whoop ass opened on the invading forces through commonwealth and ANZUS treaty's, and what is this campaign meant to symbolize. That us colonials aren't capable of defending our land, or Argentina still has a grudge for losing the falkland war, and must fufil itself by meddling with forces that need not be meddled with? crazy_o.gif

I need clarification to put my mind at ease, please! wink_o.gif

Also, where the hell are .tk servers? TeamKill land? tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I know I know, it's just............. National Pride is at stake!!

As in, argh sh*t, it looks like we better get off our asses and go fight a war we never asked for, again! tounge_o.gif

I understand your feelings tounge_o.gif

But if this mob err mod can make us some decent kangaroos then i wont complain at all. biggrin_o.gif

I think the war could have been triggered due to a conflict over sheep livestock selling or something? crazy_o.gif

Ok, let me clear this up.

I'm from Australia, in Melbourne. I created the island. My team is all Australian, from VIC, South Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, QLD and Western Australia. (We don't have anyone from Northern Territory but I think I can handle doing a desert smile_o.gif )

Asterix is from Argentina and I saw on the OFP Info site he was making a mod involving Australia. I contacted him to see what he had made so far but they haven't done anything yet for the Australian units just making some weapons and vehicles for Argentina.

From what I understand from talking to Asterix his vision is that Argentina and Australia are allied in some way against the English. I have not heard his scenario or history yet. But we haven't really begun to work together yet I am still working out what I want to do and if that fits in with what HALCON have planned. My idea of the scenario is more leaning towards the Indonesians as the OPFOR, backed by another hostile nation providing them with the armor and landing capabilities. The ANZUS treaty is thus invoked and the US come to our aid and thus in a lot of missions they will be present alongside the Aussie troops. I believe NZ Units are also in production I will be contacting that MOD team.

I do not want to say much in a public forum since I have not yet had a chance to speak with Asterix, but I am finding what WOLF want and what HALCON want are becoming much different things so it is likely WOLF will continue working on the island of Australia and HALCON will work one their projects as seperate teams. e.g no partnership.

Right now, WOLF's focus is: Create the Island of Australia with it's main purpose for use in Multiplayer. We will be looking into OPFOR and allied forces after that.

I understand your feelings  tounge_o.gif

But if this mob err mod can make us some decent kangaroos then i wont complain at all. biggrin_o.gif

I think the war could have been triggered due to a conflict over sheep livestock selling or something?  crazy_o.gif

I would comment on your apparent ignorance but I am sure I am just as ignorant about Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as you are about Australia. wink_o.gif

I understand your feelings  tounge_o.gif

I think the war could have been triggered due to a conflict over sheep livestock selling or something?  crazy_o.gif

I would comment on your apparent ignorance but I am sure I am just as ignorant about Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as you are about Australia.  wink_o.gif

Umm excuse me ignorance over what?

It was suppose to be a joke rock.gif

Just for kicks, why not see how big you can make the island, and still have OFP open it up.

25km/2....50km/2...100km/2...6400km/2?

I thought people had already experimented...If I get bored I'll see how big an island can be and make it just a huge desert smile_o.gif

Okay, that clears alot then. I'm greatful that the map is the highest priority and not some slightly skewed campaign. For a moment there, all I could think of was WTF.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

I think you, Miles and I are thinking along the same lines, of having Indonesia as OPFOR. I remember seeing this once before, a fictional invasion of Australia by Indonesia. Though theres some minor corrections needed, it's a fairly good base for a campaign of some type, be it based in the eighties to today. Take a look, it's fairly detailed, but a little bit imaginative for my tastes (like we turned into a republic through a civil war according to the first entry wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif)

Anyways just to let you know a suitable story exists to lend itself as basis for a campaign. wink_o.gif

I am discussing things with the ADF MOD crew who are already making some Indo forces as OPFOR.

I am discussing things with the ADF MOD crew who are already making some Indo forces as OPFOR.

Cool, keep us informed as to how things pan out. smile_o.gif

I was going to say....the ADF boys are the ones you should definately try and hook up with. Aus forces in Aus! My bandwidth is trembling at the thought! biggrin_o.gif

Perth should be relatively easy to make, being about 100 times smaller than Melbourne.

Things to remember...

- Swan River running through the city (CBD on the north side)

- CBD is a bit of a grid layout

- only two prominent skyscrapers

- King's Park overlooking the CBD on the west side

- nice, large beaches up and down the coast

- large commercial port at Fremantle (perhaps a couple of American destroyers on shore leave? smile_o.gif )

- my house is about 20km north of the CBD - if it's not there, there'll be trouble smile_o.gif

I'll try and think of some more things and dig up some relevant pictures of Perth, but it should be pretty simple to recreate as long as the river looks accurate...

BTW, i've just come back from a road-trip across the Nullabor to Adelaide and Melbourne, and I've got some fairly good pictures of the Nullabor plain, the bush, Melbourne (although you probably know what Melbourne looks like), southern Vic. coast and some less great shots of Adelaide. If you'd like a bit of a look at some of these, give us an email/msg and i'll send 'em off to you smile_o.gif

Nogova fuel station was looking pretty crappy, so I whipped up this:

http://wolf.ogn.com.au/images/screenshots/onthemove.jpg

Not certain if I'll use it but its there if I need it. Still trying to use all the Nogova objects that I can.

Looking fantastic! If you're not too rushed, would making Shell servo be a possibility, just for a bit of variety?

I was going to say....the ADF boys are the ones you should definately try and hook up with. Aus forces in Aus! My bandwidth is trembling at the thought!  biggrin_o.gif

I've talked to Urket from the ADF MOD and he is keen to work together so that's all go, I just have to get home and tell the WOLF boys about the WOLF > ADF Joint Operation

Nogova fuel station was looking pretty crappy, so I whipped up this:

http://wolf.ogn.com.au/images/screenshots/onthemove.jpg

Not certain if I'll use it but its there if I need it. Still trying to use all the Nogova objects that I can.

Looking fantastic! If you're not too rushed, would making Shell servo be a possibility, just for a bit of variety?

Yeah I found it harder to make the shell as I couldn't find enough Photos for it.

But I might just borrow a Digital camera from work and take a few snaps myself. But that will wait until the core work for the island is done.

Progress report:

Victoria : 99% complete

Tasmania : 100% complete

NSW: 90% Complete.

NT: 98% Complete

New Zealand: 50% Complete

QLD: Work commencing

Western Australia: Work Commencing

South Australia: Work Commencing

AI Pileup on the desert speedway:

AI_Pileup.jpg

Lookin good.

Remenber My house and Lake Elden. tounge_o.gif Both place hold Value to Victoria. tounge_o.gif

Will there be a Quantas jet made too?

Just as a airport show piece? biggrin_o.gif

We could do hostage crisis missions on it.

Dang! Ya cut off the part of New Zealand where the Klinkster lives! biggrin_o.gif

Near Duneiden then (sp)

getting the glaciers done would be nice.... Fox Glacier, Franz Joseph etc - be nice to have those included (they are south west of new zealand next to mount cook)

and remember the milford sound - nice place tounge_o.gif

Will there be a Quantas jet made too?

Just as a airport show piece?   biggrin_o.gif

We could do hostage crisis missions on it.

wow_o.gif That is a bloody good idea...*goes away and makes notes to begin project.*