Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Australia - world's largest island

Will there be a Quantas jet made too?

Just as a airport show piece?   biggrin_o.gif

We could do hostage crisis missions on it.

wow_o.gif That is a bloody good idea...*goes away and makes notes to begin project.*

And i was suppose to be the ignorant brat tounge_o.gif

Nice to see you will make the jet , i would say to save some time just grab one of those 747 addons and re texture and tinkr with the model a bit (with permission by author ofcourse) , if your short on time and hands.

Is Australia really that orange? I've never been so please school me biggrin_o.gif

No that piece of land , got thrown from mars tounge_o.gif

Actually its only the desert up in the North i think.

We have some reddish desert here too , but it depends in the evening it looks that bright red otherwise its pinkish or yllowish or orangish wink_o.gif

It looked that colour when I was standing in it wink_o.gif

Depends on where you are in the desert, whether it has rained recently, etc. We looked for a sort of middle ground and found this texture worked well.

rederth.jpg

desert1.jpg

01.jpg

Looking good!

Are you thinking of making any Australian vegetation? We have some pretty unique trees & shrubs, and it'd really add to the atmosphere. The standard OFP/R vegetation could pass for being Aust. (ie. the spinifex-type grass), but I'd love to see Eucalypts...

I will try.. I wonder how it hard is to make trees, the models look like X's when viewed from above so maybe it is just two double-sided faces crossed.

And yes, a lot of the small plants and some of the trees look very similar to what we have here. But yeah some obviously Australian trees would be great.

Looks like I'm going to have to make Melbourne Airport slightly bigger.. wink_o.gif

747ingame_beta.jpg

Doh... I do one thing and my work multiplies..

I'll leave the airport for now and try to make trees... biggrin_o.gif

*says wit a very evil voice*Your'e all crazy biggrin_o.gif

You know how big this island would really have to be!?!?

FYI: Progress on the island has slowed but it hasn't stalled.

Lt_Damage has recently taken on more responsibility managing gaming servers at OGN where our OFP server is hosted. Hence he currently has little time to spare and is therefore not working on the island.

Hence it's just me finding time around full time work. (T!G) Terran has also joined the party though.

Hi there, just wanting to say.. Do not call this island AustraLis heheh .. As i've been working on an Australia island for over a year now.. a year 2 weeks ago actually.. Called Australis smile_o.gif  The release is not too far away, but i'll let you know about that as it gets closer smile_o.gif

For more info about our islands please check out our Hells Circus page.

[HC]Lis

Well I was going to make a map of the area around were i lived. I work on it but I gettin nowhere fast. Anyway. SAD that this is delayed till after OFP2. AllWell. At least it will be OFP2'd by then.

10 months guys. I'm counting down. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Delayed until after OFPII

That's cool, maybe we'll see more 'realistic' island sizes e.t.c.

Shame, those red earth textures in your pic look mad nice, any chance you can release the textures? wink_o.gif

nice qantas jet :P

You can still see australia before ofp2 is out, when i release AustraLis. Still got work to do on it tho :]

Lis

[HC]lis. Wats ur map bout brudda rock.gif

@Ltn_Dammage- Shame. I was looking forward to have a fire fight around my house.

The only question i have is will include a rugby stadium? and a rugby ball, so we can watch England Beat the aussies again, and again and again.