Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas russian opfor vehicles

When will you have the fixed one uploaded? I also found one more bug, the BRDM w/ PK has no reload time between magazines. IF you have the time, please replace the crappy old BIS sounds and add maybe a reload sound. If you dont I will. smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

You're too slow Milkman tounge_o.gif

Edit: Version 1.2 Link.

I've just passed them on to Rhodite, new link is here.

Thanks for the fast bugfixing!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

We're getting good at it arent we tounge_o.gif

The link now works, once again we extend our thanks to Rhodite for hosting for us in our time of need smile_o.gif

I've just passed them on to Rhodite, new link is here. (Might not work yet, Rhodite is currently uploading them)

Geometry on the BRDM's has been FIXED. Otherwise, nothing new from version 1.

OK but wath with new sounds are you going to do them in soon future update rock.gif

OK but wath with  new sounds are you going to do them in soon future update rock.gif

No, for the simple reason we want comonality with the current BIS units.

Thats why the PK has the exact same config as the BIS PK, with the same RoF, the same dispertion etc.

The whole idea of the pack is for it to fit in with the BIS vehicles as if they were in the game from the start.

Ty Avon, both new links have been added to the first post to make them easy to find wink_o.gif

OK but wath with  new sounds are you going to do them in soon future update rock.gif

I am using KyllikkiSoundPack, I have no problems with the weapon sounds.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I was just thinking now( my head hurts!!! crazy_o.gif ) is it posible to make the light mounted weapons of vehicles compatible with the JAM mags?

I wouldn't think so because they probably are compleatly different from soldier weapons in the configurations and so on.

Sooo, what's the score? can it be done?

Thanks.

BTW, I just downloaded the pack now and I'm going to chek it out. Another day of no mission editing for me.

Will this comunity stop releasing addons for a cuple of months so I can finish some missions? crazy_o.gif

LOL.

Edit: nice strecher in them choppers DM wink_o.gif

I was just thinking now( my head hurts!!! crazy_o.gif ) is it posible to make the light mounted weapons of vehicles compatible with the JAM mags?

I wouldn't think so because they probably are compleatly different from soldier weapons in the configurations and so on.

Sooo, what's the score? can it be done?

Thanks.

Unfortunately not, since as you say they are 2 different types of weapon. One has to be defined as "WeaponHardMounted" in the case of the PK, and hence gets its ammo from within its own entry in the config, E.g:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class BAS_RUSDShK_Mounted: Browning

{

ammo=BAS_RUSDShKBullet;

displayName ="DShK 12.7mm";

displayNameMagazine ="DShK 12.7mm";

shortNameMagazine ="DShK 12.7mm";

nameSound="mgun";

count=50;

As you can see, it takes it ammo from the CfgAmmo, and then sets the amount it uses in the actual weapons config, so its not possible to define it to use other soldier-based magazines.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: nice strecher in them choppers DM wink_o.gif

Eh??

Excuse my bad english, I meen the thing in the Kiowa's side, on your signature. biggrin_o.gif.

Thanks for the answer about the amunition by the way. wink_o.gif

Yeah, its a 50 cal, AND everything you see in my sig (the OH-58 one) is available in the current download version. That sig image does not contain any new Kiowa content...

Another thing, I must apologise to the Linux guys, the required addons listing in this pack is wrong. It will be fixed, along with the PK reload time.

Just wanted to chime in and say THANKS FOR SHARING and kudos to everyone involved!

It's sure is a great time to be an OFP'er with all these high quality addons being released on almost daily basis smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

hey same post as in the other topic

but it tried these out they look awsome and fit in with the rhs t55 perfectly

No, for the simple reason we want comonality with the current BIS units.

Thats why the PK has the exact same config as the BIS PK, with the same RoF, the same dispertion etc.

The whole idea of the pack is for it to fit in with the BIS vehicles as if they were in the game from the start.

And you did well wink_o.gif

KyllikkiSoundPack

What? never heard of that?  A link rock.gif

Try Googling, it's a bit hard to find nowadays, but it's the best sound pack after the FDFmod (which is actually a large part KSP). smile_o.gif

Hey DM, any plans in adding armed Urals?

Sorry to say, but no.

These vehicles are the "original" (but fixed) versions of those found in the Tonal/Tango pack (that is to say we had to make them like this, before we could re-skin them to be OPFOR vehicles)

Basically these are meant to bridge the gap between what BIS left out, and what RHS is going to make. And, if you want to look at it another way, which would you rather have: Re-worked BIS vehicles, or Pavehawks, SEALs and things like that? wink_o.gif

re-worked BIS vehicles of course mad_o.gif !

oh wait.. did you say pavehawk? And SEALS??

Forget about BIS vehicles! Me want those pavehawks!! biggrin_o.gif (gimme, gimme)

j/k But it's a great pack, DM. It just looks good.

Last new version for a while (good job its small eh wink_o.gif )

Version 1.2, all reported bugs fixed (geometry, reload time etc)

Required addons also fixed, will work seamlessly with linux etc...

Download available here

Once again, thanks to Rhodite of Got Flashpoint? for hosting smile_o.gif

*bump* (frostbite falling from his chair)

just DL'ed the old version crazy_o.gif

Thank god for my ADSL connection!

But at least it's updated quickly. Good job!

@BAS team

Poor cassie sad_o.gif . I don't know who she is, but if you see her again, please tell her I don't blame her for DL'ing this pack a few times. Next time you put someone in charge of quality assurance, better warn them first! tounge_o.gif