Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

Remington 870

HAPPY XMAS ALL! biggrin_o.gif

Going against Nighstalker policy (because its christmas), im releasing a single addon before mod release....the chosen addon is....

Remington 870 Shotgun

Comments to me, at my msn address (see sig), read readme for the 2 obvious ones (i think), and enjoy.

Happy Xmas, happy hunting guys smile_o.gif

A shotgun!

now i can run around and shoot stuff!!! Great present, comes with ammo too, thanx smile_o.gif .

Cheers, that reminds me, when your under 15 meters, try running while shooting, it doesnt dent accuracy much (lol), and it means you close valuable distance....plus you can just keep squeezing off shots till you end up standing over a pile of dead bodies....example, THIS was caused by using that tactic... tounge_o.gif

try it, i guarentee it will be enjoyable.

BTW, the weapon and mag names are in the readme, so add it to whatever unit you want. Ultimately you'll be playing as an operation Nightstalker jungle SAS man with this type of thing....

good addon Pathy, glad i was able to try it out before most people tounge_o.gif

wah you didnt include my edited logo for nightstalker WAA lol

*toddles off*

I did in the ofp.info post i sent (that hasnt gone up yet.)

If anyone else downloads it, let me know what you think... tounge_o.gif

v. nice. Especially useful for shooting the tough zombies or starship troopers warrior bugs. COOL!

thumbs up! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]v. nice. Especially useful for shooting the tough zombies

thats just what i was doing, and i noticed a bug

the AI (in this case the Arctic soldiers from nogovajev addon thing) seem to think they are clay pidgeon shooting, i.e they hold it up in the air. imagine this the | is the ai soldier and / is the gun......in stick diagram terms the ai soldiers are like

|/ (i.e pointing up in the air.......no wonder the zombies wasted em)

Quote[/b] ] starship troopers warrior bugs. COOL!

have they been released yet?.........*sigh*

*edit* oh yeah they have lol, Xmas eve too......WHY DO PEOPLE NOT TELL ME THESE THINGS!!!!!! tounge_o.gif

Looking nice, but I haven't got a read me in the folder I downloaded, can you paste it here so I can copy paste and create a readme/

It will save me re-downloading.

Thanks.

to add the weapon type this in the init line

Quote[/b] ]removeallweapons this; this addmagazine DRG_M870Mag; this addmagazine DRG_M870Mag; this addweapon DRG_M870

for the weapon and 2 magazines, though im not sure if you need to use a " before and after the weapon/mag names

to add the weapon type this in the init line

Quote[/b] ]removeallweapons this; this addmagazine DRG_M870Mag; this addmagazine DRG_M870Mag; this addweapon DRG_M870

for the weapon and 2 magazines, though im not sure if you need to use a " before and after the weapon/mag names

Thanks for the answer.

I know how to add the mags and weapons, all I wanted was the class names, I apreciate it, thanks for you help, I'll be allright now biggrin_o.gif

BTW, I tryed in the editor and is really nice. It have a part in my addons folder, permanent so far.

Edited typo

Glad you are enjoying it biggrin_o.gif

Readme:

Quote[/b] ].: Remington M870 Shotgun :.

Made for the Nightstalker Mod by Pathfinder

.: www.concept404.com/nightstalker :.

Edit or use parts of only with permission from Pathfinder.

Comments and feedback to thecolumbianbandanaconvention@hotmail.com

Author's notes

--------------

-1.75+ required

-M870 shotgun is used in CQB role, and is configged to match this realistically.

I dont want to hear comments about how your getting slaughtered with it by enemies 500 meters

away! Max range is 40 meters, as in real life, i recommend 20 (well, 0.5 meters is my favourite)

for maximum effective use.

-No sight! Thats intentional, if you were to look down the sight and fire this thing you'd break

your jaw....

-weapon is DRG_M870, ammo DRG_M870mag

-Thanks to Korvass for making me such great textures, all modelling, sounds and config are my own

work, though thanks to Registered Fugitive for putting me on the right track config-wise.

-Finally, thanks to the Beta testers, including Battletoad, Micke and all other members of my mod.

Happy Xmas guys, and happy hunting....

PS-ALOT more stuff from the nightstalker mod on the way, its not our usual policy to release work

before mod release, but i just had to share this one for Christmas....

Thanks Pathy. I'm using this as a readme now.

One thing I noticed, that it can be sorted by waypoints, triggers or scripts; I created a full squad of them soldiers in the editor and place a waypoint that makes them move to an area where me(Soldier, East) is wayting for them, only one of them engajed, the other ones where 2 metres away from me and just ignored me, on prone, they know I was there, but don't even atempted to fire against me.

Could be this something to do with the configuration of your shotgun?

Thanks.

Hmm i'll look into it, but i dont think so....its configged to just be like a normal gun, just with short range and alot of power, that fires bursts of 7 shots at high dispertion.....but, yeh ill check it out, and fix it for the release of shotgun pack (SPAS-12 as well as M870)

Looks great but uhhh....

Looks more like a Benelli M3 without a stock than a Remington 870.

Unless of course its a special design of Remington 870 that I didn't know about. lol (That or I'm just confused)

But awesome shotgun though!

I can assure you its a remington 870 without stock smile_o.gif Just google it if in doubt wink_o.gif (or go and play Vietcong)

Cheers Dusand tounge_o.gif