Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Dkm tunguska v2

Congrats Dkm, this is about one of the best armoured vehicles around,the textures are brilliant, the radar on\off looks very good indeed...oh well,its all outstanding really, thank you and a very happy Xmas to u all to smile_o.gif

Can someone post a picture of the Desert camo version as I am at work until 1900 sad_o.gif

This will be burning a hole in my USB Pen until I get home!

DKM has to be one of if not the best addon studio out there.

The Group Uplink links 4 Tungs of an group to an network. Only one Tung has its radar on and is visible on radar while the 3 other tungs get their data from the active one. So 4 tanks are rdy to fire,but only one is visible.

If you place a group of AI tungs and let a plane fly over it you can see how that works.

To all those who want a zip file. The .exe here is a Winrar self extractor, so no installer. There will be no info written to your registry nor will it behave in any other way shitty.

Excellent work guys.

I think my ONLY possible complaint is that whilst you guys made some sweet new muzzle flash textures, you still used the "standard" 6 pointed flash, which IMHO looks a bit cack (cuts through the flash suppressor).

Otherwise this addon scores a firm 20/10 wink_o.giftounge_o.gif I just love blowing enemy helicopters away. And the little spinning radar, what can I say, I'm a sucker for things like that biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait to review it at OFPEC biggrin_o.gif

Cheers guys, keep up the good work!

Nice update, I especially like the burst sound of the cannon! biggrin_o.gif

Suggest you change the muzzle flash, though. To be blunt, it looks ugly. wink_o.gif

The group linkup function is fantastic, and revolutionary. I'm wondering what other applications it could possibly be applied too. Like functioning radar vans/vehicles with missile launchers within the group. Be it from vehicles or from stationary positions.

Have you guys considered using this function for other missile systems, like a patriot missile system or SA-2 system, where an individual (or mulitiple) radar(s) can be used to launch missiles from remote locations?

This is so cool. It opens the door for a way more realistic air defence for OFP, not to mention a whole new meaning for wild weasel missions in OFP.

Thank you DKM. You have made my day much happier.

The group linkup function is fantastic, and revolutionary. I'm wondering what other applications it could possibly be applied too. Like functioning radar vans/vehicles with missile launchers within the group. Be it from vehicles or from stationary positions.

Have you guys considered using this function for other missile systems, like a patriot missile system or SA-2 system, where an individual (or mulitiple) radar(s) can be used to launch missiles from remote locations?

This is so cool. It opens the door for a way more realistic air defence for OFP, not to mention a whole new meaning for wild weasel missions in OFP.

Or a Rapier.

Or a Rapier.

Or quite literally, any radar guided surface to air missile system in existance, hence my excitement! biggrin_o.gif

edit: Not just Ground units either, but air and sea units as well. Think about it, a Longbow equipped apache radar controlling missiles launched from non-longbow apaches.

I mean, wow, we're really breaking ground, making flashpoint even more realstic than what it already is.

First of all a great addon but i think i found some bugs

- Radar sometimes moves a bit strange (oposite direction)

- all missiles are fired from the left side

- the most left and most right front lights have also some problems

- In my opinion the radar moves a bit fast

Although some bugs it's a great addon especially the textures are a great improvement

wow_o.gif

why do you guys think we outsourced the scripts pbo? smile_o.gif

we are indeed planning to use this uplink mode on other addons, and those don't necessarily have to be mobile systems.

there are plenty opportunities to use this new feature, think for instance about command and control vehicles on a battlefield, a fixed set of SAM batteries, guided by a single mobile radar station, AWACS planes, battle cruiser groups.. well, lots of possibilities, i'm sure you can think of more. smile_o.gif

But the main goal of this addon's linkup mode was reducing its vulnerability to attacks.

the radar indeed doesnt run smoothly all the time, this is caused by ofp engine not keeping track of animationpahses properly all the time

the missiles firing from one side is something we cannot fix, tanks have a single firing point, we tried using some scripts to move the missiles to other side, but it wasnt reliable andcost a lot of CPU power, so we left it out.

i think you mean the radar runs a bit too slow?

http://www.army.lv/English....lex.htm

download that MOV file and see for yourself. smile_o.gif

Small mission pack being made, which will show all the features and capabilities of this weapon.

Expect it soonish.. (depends how long it takes to get the full realism)

You're right about the radar but now i have seen the great movie i think the tank moves a bit slow isn't it

btw did you check the front lights already ? biggrin_o.gif

Great addon smile_o.gif

This thing looks a lot scary especially with the radar moving.

And the new functions! Rastavovich = Scripting God tounge_o.gif

I have a little problem, can someone please test following situation:

Fly a FA18 over tonal with setviewdistance 3000.

Place a group of 4 tunguska.

Please tell me if you get a lag ~every second.

Then remove the tunguska group and fly again and look if the lag is gone.

Thank you.

MfG Lee

Okay didn't know it was self extracting rar, my bad. If you release anything else in the future please specify that.

Excellent work, verry good textures - much more than last time.

Thanks Santa Claus biggrin_o.gif

TUNGUSKA1.JPG

TUNGUSKA2.JPG

TUNGUSKA3.JPG

TUNGUSKA4.JPG

Is this addon compatible to the old version, ie can i just replace the addon and all old missions will use the new tunguska?

Quote[/b] ]Is this addon compatible to the old version, ie can i just replace the addon and all old missions will use the new tunguska?

sure, the classnames are the same, except for the added wintercamo version ofcourse...

I have'nt downloaded this addon yet (saw this topic now).

I will download it because the v.1 is of such high quality.

What I'm curious is about is this: is the v.2 Tunguska not a tank-killer?

If those 30mm have a reallistic rate of fire they would easily shred any armoured vehicle (including M1, T80, T90 etc).

Same caliber and type of cannon as the A-10 got, only the A-10 only has one of them wink_o.gif

Textures looks very good. I'm looking forward to try out the radar-communication features. Very excited about it.

As usual, DKMM delivers extra high quality. smile_o.gif

May I come with a suggestion for your Comanches regarding this radar-feature?

I assume the RAH-66 has the same radar-comm ability as the AH-64D -series (transfer targets on-screen). So maybe this radar-functionality would be a nice addition to your Comanche-series smile_o.gif

How come I need OFP v1.92 to use this addon ? I already have v1.94B, but it still asking me for v1.92.. anyway to fix this ?

What I'm curious is about is this: is the v.2 Tunguska not a tank-killer?

If those 30mm have a reallistic rate of fire they would easily shred any armoured vehicle (including M1, T80, T90 etc).

Same caliber and type of cannon as the A-10 got, only the A-10 only has one of them  wink_o.gif

Thats true, the Tungska has an overall RoF of 4,800 RPM (thats all four guns together), whereas the A-10 has a meager 3900 RPM. Which isnt bad for a "single" gun (although in effect its 7 guns)

However, I believe that the Tungska is armed with HE-T or HEI rounds as standard (from what I can find on various websites) and these would not be as effective at killing tanks as the Armour Piercing Incendiary, API-T and HEI (the API is mixed with the HEI at a ratio of 4:1, that is to say every 5th round "should" be an HEI round) that the Avenger (thats the A-10's main armament, the GAU-8A Avenger) fires as standard.

Also, whilst both type of ammo ar 30 mm, the Tungska ammo is "only" 30 x 165mm, whereas the Avenger ammo is 30 x 173mm. This means the shell has more explosive to propell it, and hence provides the round with more kinetic energy with which to penetrate the target.

At any rate, if you can get the gunner to target and fire on the tank, or if you are the gunner and you spot the tank quick enough, you can still dispatch it with the guns. But, as the chances of spotting the tank first are quite slim, I know which vehicle I'd rather be in in a contact like that. And thats the MBT, since it is more likely to achive an "instant" kill on the relatively weak armour of the Tungska.

In that video I noticed that the guns and missile tubes move separately. In the addon, they move together. Is this an OFP limitation?

the missiles firing from one side is something we cannot fix, tanks have a single firing point, we tried using some scripts to move the missiles to other side, but it wasnt reliable andcost a lot of CPU power, so we left it out.

This is just a suggestion, I've never edited a vehicle in OFP...

...But why not have the two missile racks seperate? Like, you have to cycle to them? So you'd have Rack 1 and Rack 2, Rack 1 would fire missiles from the left rack, and rack 2 would fire missiles from the right rack.