Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Battle over hokkiado demo

Looks great, these mechs remind me of the futhikoma's from Ghost in the Shell. Wonder if thats where the inspiration came from.

Love it and hate it at the same time. I really don't like the whole "mod" concept for ofp. I'm quite possibly the most picky son-of-a-bitch ofp player there is. I want to pick and choose what I want and not use what I don't. That's the beauty of ofp and I feel like I'm having gobs of ram eaten up by crap I don't want to use at a given time because I want to use... a few things... like the wanzer. I just want to fiddle with that right now and I just absolutely -loathe- the idea of having to turf other addons out because I don't want my folder getting ridiculously big. Still it looks cool but I'm disappointed.

... all those hours making units and vehicles and missions, and you just want to play with their Wanzer.

Kinda says it all. wink_o.gif

The original was a superb mod with a whole new feel to OFP. I can't wait to finish downloading this new version. smile_o.gif

overall cool pack...my only gripe is the mech thing..why was that included..but some guys are into that kinda thing i guess I guess...cool pack though smile_o.gif

Looks great, these mechs remind me of the futhikoma's from Ghost in the Shell.  Wonder if thats where the inspiration came from.

The inspiration and whole mecha design came from the Frontmission game series.

Info

i guess they included the Wanzer ( Wandering Panzer ) so you can create missions similar to the ones in Front Mission 3 where you also were fighting ground personal and other armored vehicles like tanks wink_o.gif

Love it and hate it at the same time. I really don't like the whole "mod" concept for ofp. I'm quite possibly the most picky son-of-a-bitch ofp player there is. I want to pick and choose what I want and not use what I don't. That's the beauty of ofp and I feel like I'm having gobs of ram eaten up by crap I don't want to use at a given time because I want to use... a few things... like the wanzer. I just want to fiddle with that right now and I just absolutely -loathe- the idea of having to turf other addons out because I don't want my folder getting ridiculously big. Still it looks cool but I'm disappointed.

Well then, how should ie. the FDFMOD do its custom GUI, realism-, explosion- and other config modifications in a sane way if everything would be spread out to separate addons? And in case you have not noticed, addons can be put to separate mod folders and deactivated whenever you want so, no need to unzip everything to the addons folder.

Anyways, since RAM is cheap and 1.94 & -nomap solves most problems I dont see any point in your rant.. unclesam.gif

nice mod! but i have a problem with some missions and the campaign. in some singleplayermissions i have a ctd (crash to desktop).

when i start the campaign ofp says that several addons are missing...

can someone help me pls?

mfg

YES, new Wanzer, downloading the mod now (thanks for the mirror Blackdog biggrin_o.gif)

The original Wanzer allready kicked ass when it came out long time ago (altho it was somewhat high poly)

The rest looks very nice too, looking forward to using that cruisemissile too! smile_o.gif

Oh man, that's absolutely awesome. I'm downloading RIGHT NOW. Those mechs look sweet. As does the AH64D. smile_o.gif

West->BOHmod/air I think that should be it. And I love that the tomahawk ejects you high into the sky!

rock.gif

Does that mean that say, you intercept an incoming Tomahawk and shoot it down, a pilot ejects from it rock.gifsad_o.gif

Meh...That would kinda suck sad_o.gif

Also what's with the mech thingy? crazy_o.gif I thought this was supposed to be a JSDF mod, representing the equipment the JSDF use, and they include this thing...Ah well, I shan't be using it smile_o.gif

was thinking, it would be a cool idea to make an apache with the hellfire camera view. i mean, you are the gunner, and you shoot a hellfire, you get ejected out and you can fly the hellfire down to the target and 2 feet before you hit, you get put back into the heli

Imagine the Mech is an "Easter Egg" so to speak. Anyways, Mech warfare (from the likes of Battle Tech, Mech Warrior, etC) are (Or were if not still) HUGE in Japan. They like their big war robots. smile_o.gif

Imagine the Mech is an "Easter Egg" so to speak. Anyways, Mech warfare (from the likes of Battle Tech, Mech Warrior, etC) are (Or were if not still) HUGE in Japan. They like their big war robots. smile_o.gif

I have a big war robot...

... in my pants!

Anyway, nice job guys. I like the new MBT model that resembles the T55 - it's really sharp lookin'!

Hmmm, when toying with the new AH-64D, first I got some rotor downwash script errors, and after a few minutes CTD. Anybody getting the same results? sad_o.gif

I want the Tomahawk, Longbow, C1, and UH1 but I don't wanna download the whole pack just for those sad_o.gif

Umm, yeah. I think the name of this image says it all.

WhatTheFuck.jpg

tounge_o.gif

Whoa, someone has way too much spare time and imagination!

I want the Tomahawk, Longbow, C1, and UH1 but I don't wanna download the whole pack just for those  sad_o.gif

Download the whole thing, you won't be sorry. This is one of the three best total-army mods out there (when number one is FDF, where number two is CSLA, and where number three is BOH)