Sign in to follow this  
GODSMACK

Usmc gaia island

where are the units u guys keep talking about?

i cant find ythem any where?

and where do i finds all those addons

where are the units u guys keep talking about?

i cant find ythem any where?

In editor, look for WGL - Men, WGL -Vehicles, etc...

with all these very enthousiast remarks about the island(pack) im trying to find an excuse stop working for today , go home and start downloading .(without pissing off my boss)

I was impressed with the first WG Addon pack, and from the pictures I've seen of the island, I have to admit I'm stunned smile_o.gif

Just hope it works OK on my rig smile_o.gif

It's certainly an improvement over that island Phaeden made with all the training areas, which until now was one of my faves, but it had quite a few slapped up mistakes, like when you're in a hurry to release an addon.

Well having tried it last night.

The vegetation is fairly nice, the advantage of not using forest models is lack of repetition and every tree is destructable, the disadvantage is obviously the extra lag, usually seen in large MP games.

The actual island... well the magnitude of roads and towns is very welcome, gives it a very lifelike feel. The actual building placement and especially areas like camp coles is not very authentic, it looks like buildings have been stuck down by a computer generator in a flight sim, everything being symmetrical and big spaces in between every object.

The bridges are not aligned in normal detail, only in very low which takes flexibility to have more cover out.

Generally a good island but here where it gets awful. As Killswitch finely put it "Well Akropolis won the award for bad names, but this is in the oscars"

Spoonerville, Camp Exorcist, FARP Recon Ranger etc. really are laughable, what was interesting was Welsh, Irish, Scottish, US and many other dialectical features in the names were all mixed together, i can't imagine what the maker was thinking with some of them. rock.gif

Jinef

Damnit...I downloaded it, and tried to execute the .exe and it just wo0uldn't work...I tried extracting it, but it kept on saying "Unexpected end of file" rock.gifsad_o.gif

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

I downloaded it from the other mirror, and exactly the same thing sad_o.gif

I double click on the exe and nothing, I try to extract it, and it tells me "Unexpected end of file" sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Downloading this addon-pack now.

I can hardly wait. According to this thread your island ooze of high quality.

I must say that you, Phaedon, were my personal idol back in the demo-days and your missions made me begin with learning the mission-editor smile_o.gif

Cheers,

Phaeden named the majority of his towns, camps and farps after many of his squad mates out of respect for their continued support and all around decentness. I don't think you can fault a guy for that.

I'm not sure about this error in the WG AddPak and will investigate it. As for equipment and the like... I kept things as realistic as possible which is, more often than not, inherently unbalanced. Russian organization and military doctrine isn't a mirrored carbon copy of west fighting organizations and I've tried to reflect that with different equipment. People gripe because the BMPs are all tin cans that if you shoot at enough with 7.62 or .50cal you can kill the people inside. But hey that's actually how it is in real life.

Bug report :

- errormessage about an inventory pic (wrong dimensions, I think), Damn,I can't remember the name anymore..

Some Q.

- How can I use the rucksack? How can I put something in it?

- I found some medicboxes and you can take bandages from it. But how can I use them?

Only in MP?

Phaeden named the majority of his towns, camps and farps after many of his squad mates out of respect for their continued support and all around decentness. I don't think you can fault a guy for that.

He did it because we threatened to kick him out of the squad if he didn't. tounge_o.gif

Yeah I know about the icon size thing. For some bizarre reason OFP doesn't like icons sized 192x64 for items that take up 3 inventory spaces. Thanks for the info.

Blanco...

The rucksack works with special rucksack magazines, you can't pick up whatever you see an stick it into the ruck, but you can put the special rucksack mags into a crate if you want to pick your own. To use the rucksack do this....

1. In action menu select "Weapon Rucksack (M16 Mags)"...

2. If you want to drop some other sort of magazine go to the action menu again and select something like "Reload Rucksack (M249 Mags)"...

3. Once you have the magazine loaded, click your mouse to fire and it will be dropped on the ground.

You can't pick it back up and stick it into your ruck, but you can pick up the magazine and put it into your regular inventory assuming the magazine is for your current weapon. The LAW and RPG22 can be transported in the rucksack also, as can RPG rounds and Carl Gustav rounds and ammo for the crew weapons. For the LAW and RPG22 when you click to drop the item from your ruck it will make a weapon on the ground that you can pick up and use.

This island and pack are simply great!!!

Definietly one of the best islands out there.

And the A-10 (it has a very cool loadout), HMMV´s and TOW Launcher are incredible biggrin_o.gif

i really want to know how to apply field textures like that to implement in my vietnam map, there were many fields/rice paddies in the lowlands made up of checker boards of different shades of green and brown...

how do i get a hold of phaden?

Very nice island, I love MCAS Tex smile_o.gif

I know you've explained how to use the rucksacks, but I was wondering if you could post a definitive set of instructions? Like how to use the mines, how to set up the MGs, and explain the various new features.It'd be really helpful smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i really want to know how to apply field textures like that to implement in my vietnam map, there were many fields/rice paddies in the lowlands made up of checker boards of different shades of green and brown...

It's easy, just make the appropriate textures and apply them as individual tiles.

Field Manual for the pack (a huge instruction document) is coming soon. A team of people are working on it currently because it is quite huge. It will cover everything you need to know about the pack. Expect it in the coming week or two.

Yes I know about the white textures. Thanks though. smile_o.gif

The A10 has a realistic Close Air Support (CAS) loadout based on input from actual current A-10 pilots. They are happy with the plane and personally I love using the cannon against armor, or dropping Mk82s dumb bombs.