Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Custom skys

God damnit! I always get an error when I use the kegetevs sky thing!! Its like when I put it in my dta file in the res area and shit, then I get an error in game saying its missing ural that and stuff!

HELP ME!

First this is in the wrong forum.

Second it comes with a installer use that instead of copy/pasting or whatever you are doing.

ok. will do. I didn't know if I was to do that or not cause I was told otherwise in the ofp.info forums like a while back

Anyhow thanks

Plus, which forums would I post stuff about that in. This is a completed addon, no?

This more likely belongs in the Addons and Mod Discussion topic , since its a 'discussion' rather then being a addon released.

You have to activate HW T&L in that case. I have the problem too but since I can't play with HW T&L I can't use the sky pack without getting nasty errors.

You have to activate HW T&L in that case. I have the problem too but since I can't play with HW T&L I can't use the sky pack without getting nasty errors.

What errors? It's probably the size of the images, which are 1024x1024. Other than that, they technically could work with the non-HW T&L data.pbo as long as your graphics card can handle textures that big.

Btw, I'm making a new hi-res replacement sky to add to your woes. Here's a beta preview...

Another fine morning in OFP land:

sky_prev1.jpg

Bah, what's a few ominous storm clouds to a soldier?

sky_prev2.jpg

That looks great, Toadeater. How does it look at the top of the skydome? Also, any plans to do the bluish tinge ala kegetys?

What errors? It's probably the size of the images, which are 1024x1024. Other than that, they technically could work with the non-HW T&L data.pbo as long as your graphics card can handle textures that big.

I use landscape textures at 512x512 and HiSky works fine here (unless sky textures are in objects textures, which i have at 4096x4096).

That new sky of yours is looking very good indeed smile_o.gif

Thats not the problem

The problem is that I get errors such as

data3d/vysilacka.p3d not found or ural not found or some shit.  I mean its like the data3d files are mission some p3d.'s

Thats the errors I get and its starting to piss me off  mad_o.gif

Anyone else get these errors???

If so can ya help me fix em! crazy_o.gif

Glad you all liked it.

About the top of the skydome, yes, I'm making sure that won't have any seams.

As for the blue-tinged version, I'll release two versions of the sky, one that's photorealistic and one that has that stronger bluish tinge. I'm planning to have this done by wednesday.

The skies are taking longer than I had hoped, so here's an update. I got the gray versions 98% done after trying a bunch of different styles, and I'm working on the rain effect and the floating clouds. After that it I'll add blue-tinted versions.

Updated stormy sky:

sky_prev3.jpg

i wish i can rotate many skies by simple way :0

Yes I'm waiting for your release too.

This looks fantastic. Hope it does'nt cause too much lag!

And please release it as a mod folder!

Yes, there's been progress. I've been trying out a bunch of different versions. I'm almost finished. Here's the latest overcast sky, at 7:30am on Feb 4:

sky_prev4.jpg

I'm still working on the top part of this one, which shouldn't take much longer.

It installs the same way Kegetys' sky installs, so you can use mod folders.

Wow incredible pic!!

If I didn't know it is OFP I would not believe it!

Can't wait till you're done toadeater.

It was due for release about a week and a half ago... Seems the addon maker gave up or came across some serious probs.

That sky looks really good. I wouldn't mind having that as part of the zombie mod!

Very spooky. Great work.

Scott

@bmgarcangel     I also get those "missing ural.p3d" and so on messages. I have always got them, no matter what I´ve tried. I dont know what to do, I use the installer and everything. I have win 2000 pro.

I would also want to know how to get it working. Alot of people have no problems, others have...

Bump.

Is this still coming along, or is it dead in the water?

I'm on the 4th revision now. smile_o.gif I don't like how it's been coming out and started over from scratch after finding a better way to get it done. In the screenshots it might look good, but there are some things in-game that I am trying to improve. Most notably the horizon transition, how the stormy and cloudy skies blend into each other and their colors, what it looks like during the day and at sunset and sunrise, improved rain, floating clouds that blend in with the background better... lots of little things like that. So this is why it's taking so long. smile_o.gif