Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Operation flashpoint picture awards

Well guys, since I saw Ralph's post and didn't see a topic anywhere, I guess I'll make one.

The first annual picture contest awards for OFP are now open.

biggrin_o.gif  

38551417.jpg

Prizes will be generously awarded by Parvus (I think rock.gif )

C-COM%20CUP2%20Preise.jpg

I'm guessing there will be two categorys.  One with edited shots, and another with original non edited shots, sound good?

Post some rules someone  tounge_o.gif

Noone is competeing??

I win then, with my beautiful Logo biggrin_o.gif

wink_o.gif

RULES & REGULATIONS:

NO EDITING OF SCREENSHOTS, PERIOD!

No resizing, no sharpening, no contrast enhancement, only gamma enhancement (up to 1.25)

ok thats all

edit: BTW i was pmed parvus about buying that resistance thing tounge_o.gif

RULES & REGULATIONS:

NO EDITING OF SCREENSHOTS, PERIOD!

No resizing, no sharpening, no contrast enhancement, only gamma enhancement (up to 1.25)

ok thats all

edit: BTW i was pmed parvus about buying that resistance thing tounge_o.gif

How about an edited and unedited category? And why no resizing?

Shouldn't we all lay down the total rules and regulations before. I'd like to know who decides which ones are the best. And how they will be judged. AI, is this going to be a pissing contest for people with the best systems to take pics? Or is it going to be based on the context of the picture?

IMHO, there should definitely be categories:

- Edited

- Unedited

- Humourous/comedy

- Staged

- MP

Just some ideas - you guys can run this however you want wink_o.gif

Er, I guess I mean a "set up" photo (units placed spefically for the screenshot)...as opposed to something that just happened during the course of a mission...

I would think something that was made just for the point of taking a screenshot.  I would bet probably a majority could fit into that, maybe a better category would be unstaged.

edit: who's going to be judging this? or will we vote?

I would think something that was made just for the point of taking a screenshot.  I would bet probably a majority could fit into that, maybe a better category would be unstaged.

edit:  who's going to be judging this?  or will we vote?

Before who, how?

I would suggest that only totally non-edited pics be allowed.

Also, we need a thumbnail gallery site to present the pics in. Going through a 150 page thread will not do justice to all submitters.

There should be no categories - just the best pic wins. Two runner-up winners for 2nd and 3rd place would be nice too.

edit: of course a voting form would be required and you know how diffficult that is to guarantee one vote per person. sad_o.gif

To be honest, I think you wouldn't actually find that many totally unedited pics in this thread - not if you count things such as resizing, cropping out HUDs, contrast/brightness adjustment, editing out of crosshairs etc.

For judging - How?

- Originality. I can only stand seeing helo's flying into a sunset so many times, or crashed Blackhawks......

- Edits. Allow pics to be edited but value the Un-Edited ones more. By that I mean say you have a A-10 flying under a bridge, and another poster has the same thing but edits in motion blur for engine wash.....

- A few different categories then a playoff. Say, A category for UnEdited, Edited, Humor, Air, Ground, Armor etc.... Go all out.

If these are going to be hosted elsewhere, they should only be made public by a certain deadline date.

Otherwise, latecomers might take note of what's already been submitted and try for something better and that wouldn't be fair.

taidetta.jpg

Dunno if cutting away black edges violates the rules tho.

Black dog any chance you hosting a pic for me as ive got the funnist ofp pic youll ever see the only thing that would make it better would be if i had george bush model biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif ill post it tomorrow biggrin_o.gif

I suggest:

Slight editing allowed (such as removing HUD, resizing, contrast and light)

Two categories: Scenery & Combat (staged or not doesn't matter)

One picture per person

A poll to vote the best picture.

Use this thread to organize and set up rules, use another one (poll) to post pictures and to vote. In the latter thread, no other posts than pictures allowed, except for the very first one that will explain it all.

Oh and add 2003 to the award name.

In my opinion , not allowing an edited picture category is just throwing out of this "best pic contest" the users that have not an high end system.

I think 2 main category : edited and unedited , then inside of them other categories , as "best scenary pic" , "best action pic" "best funny pic" etc etc...

I agree, especially since my pc is an old piece of crap. So whatever I said + what Sanctuary said smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh and add 2003 to the award name.

Whoops  tounge_o.gif

P.S. I go with what Sanctuary said

And the winner is:

A picture with a non released addon....

Like sucheys marines or RHS T55 or L410 plane or....

MfG Lee

Maybe make beta pics a sperate category? A misc. category perhaps? Or include them into the edited category?