Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Bell 412 ch-146 griffon

Bell 412 otherwise known as CH-146 Griffon. Will have the usual chopper script goodies. I have been working on this for several months, just wrapping up the details.

wow that thing looks great!! everything down to the textures are top-notch. I really like the chrome exhaust. I too would love to see it in a USMC grey but I think that is up to powerslide. keep up the excellent work biggrin_o.gif

wow that thing looks great!!  everything down to the textures are top-notch.  I really like the chrome exhaust.  I too would love to see it in a USMC grey but I think that is up to powerslide.  keep up the excellent work  biggrin_o.gif

I have several Canadian variants to do first, but if someone would like to retex it I have no problems with that.

Just like to point out that the pics you posted Blackdog are the older 212. The Marines are gonna replace the 212 (UH-1N) with the 412 (UH-1Y) but I have no clue how soon.

Anyways nice chopper, though i think the 412 looks a little goofy smile_o.gif

I'm just happy to have a chopper to airlift my Canadians with soon. biggrin_o.gif Looks great Powerslide!

AK

Just like to point out that the pics you posted Blackdog are the older 212.  The Marines are gonna replace the 212 (UH-1N) with the 412 (UH-1Y) but I have no clue how soon.

Anyways nice chopper, though i think the 412 looks a little goofy  smile_o.gif

Thats what I thought sad_o.gif

But since no one is telling me who is making any USMC choppers *coughbascough* I guess it'll have to do. Besides Suchey's MARPATs are the future, anyway ;)

Quote[/b] ]But since no one is telling me who is making any USMC choppers *coughbascough* I guess it'll have to do. Besides Suchey's MARPATs are the future, anyway ;)

Maybe you could fit some more SPAM in there? rock.gif

looks sweet! now that this is commin down the chute are there any other plans for canadian aircraft?

Wow, nice work Powerslide. Looks good! smile_o.gif

But theres something just not right about four blades on a Huey. That's kinda why they introduced the Blackhawk. wink_o.gif

I don't wanna be seen as a nag, but I think that the Griffons tail rotor only has two rotors, not four, and (please don't hurt me) the model seems to lack the wings/stabilisers, as shown in the following picture.

grif.jpg

A few little touch ups that should make the chopper a definite quality peice of work. wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

*Ahem* Could you perhaps put the texture files up somewhere or email them to me (mats_liljeroos@hotmail.com) as I'd be interested in trying a USMC reskin.

But theres something just not right about four blades on a Huey. That's kinda why they introduced the Blackhawk. wink_o.gif

I don't wanna be seen as a nag, but I think that the Griffons tail rotor only has two rotors, not four, and (please don't hurt me) the model seems to lack the wings/stabilisers, as shown in the following picture.

http://acam.ednet.ns.ca/newslet/sept2002/grif.jpg

A few little touch ups that should make the chopper a definite quality peice of work. wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

I know these things, it is not quite finished, those are alpha pics.

Just like to point out that the pics you posted Blackdog are the older 212.  The Marines are gonna replace the 212 (UH-1N) with the 412 (UH-1Y) but I have no clue how soon.

Anyways nice chopper, though i think the 412 looks a little goofy  smile_o.gif

Actually, the UH-1Y is not a 412, i dont think its been given a number yet or if it has i have no idea what it is. Its more of a mix between the 412 and AH-1Z, its tail and engine are nigh on identical to the new Cobras for increased commonality. The model would need extensive changes to look like either of the USMC Hueys.

The Standard Huey is a Bell 204/205. Its got a semi rigid rotor system and 1 engine. The rotor which makes a hell of a thump. Makes it rather hard to do anything quietly. So its rarely used anymore. Plus the airframes are getting older, parts are harder to find ect ect ect.

The Twin Huey is a bell 212. Same rotor system as the original huey with 2 engines. Similar to a 412 but only in a few area's.

The 412 is a 4 bladed rigid rotor system powered by 2 engines. The advantage of this sytem is the aircraft becomes much more agile with the rigid rotor system, it can fly faster, the blade disc becomes slightly smaller allowing the machine to operate in tighter area's. So although the 412 looks like a huey with 4 blades it isn't.

This 412 is Bell trying to make a North American version of the GKN Westland Lynx. Which holds the current speed record its also one of the few helicopters on earth that can both barrel roll and loop.......although I can't imagione why you'd want to do a loop in a helicopter.

As for the blackhawk overall its a good piece of kit a superior to the 412 and both Hueys in many regards. However its loud as hell and much much too big for certain tasks. As the 160 SOAR found out in Mogadishu.

Conflicts today are happening on a smaller and smaller scale your seeing more guerrilla style fighting on smaller scale. As a result trying to use a conventional medium helicopter in an uncontentional way can lead to disaster. I think Griffons would have been a lot harder to hit.

flying_pig.gif

That should take some of the heat of RHS!

/OT

That heli looks great, although I would also like to see a USMC texture.  Keep up the good work.

While I suppose I can understand the appeal of having it in another paint scheme why do you want it in USMC grey? The Marines do not operate 412's that I know of. They fly 212's but not 412's? Plus what do you think BAS would say to me if I asked for them to make a Canadian Blackhawk? Or a Canadian RECCE squad? Or JTF2?

.....lay off powerslide, he makes canadian addons.

that looks great

if only i could texture it would look cool in the british colour scheme

great work powerslide

power to the people! tounge_o.gif