Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

hey im just an idea man. like i said after 3 hours of reading the config code so i could figure out what to change. i nearly went insane. to rewrite one likeyall did.. shit id be mental

GMR different explosions. (smoker/middle/flamer) personaly i prefer the flamer with lots of smoke, fire, and good stuff smile_o.gif

I'm sure his MOD is fantastic, everyone go download it now rock.gif

What I'm saying is in the quest to add lots of "smoke, fire, and good stuff" try to only add "smoke, fire, and good stuff" where "smoke, fire, and good stuff" would normally result. I don't want to download an @ECP Update and crash my bicycle and be burned to death by the resulting hollywood explosion. crazy_o.gif

Heh, no I haven't, never stacked while simultaneously juggling canisters of jet fuel and burning torches :P

GMR different explosions. (smoker/middle/flamer) personaly i prefer the flamer with lots of smoke, fire, and good stuff smile_o.gif

I'm sure his MOD is fantastic, everyone go download it now  rock.gif

What I'm saying is in the quest to add lots of "smoke, fire, and good stuff" try to only add "smoke, fire, and good stuff" where "smoke, fire, and good stuff" would normally result. I don't want to download an @ECP Update and crash my bicycle and be burned to death by the resulting hollywood explosion.  crazy_o.gif

GMR made the explosions. the fire, the smoke the burning debris. and he made the various classes explode differently. but its not his fault that some brain dead BIS employ had teh brilliant idea to classify the bicycle as a "car" rock.gif its not goldmembers fault that BIS classified the bike as a car. he just made the car explode. besides. not to many ppl use the bike cuz it only moves 1m an hour crazy_o.gif

I've been trying to keep up on this thread however I've been a bit busy as of late. With this new version, does it modify the config.bin or is the old one that I modified from 1.02 just bunk now?

One more thing. I'm a bit confused as to what I need to do to download the most up to date dev package for ECP. I don't see version numbers or anything, only:

ECP Configs (0.25 mb)

DTA folder of ECP mod (0.11 mb)

Addons folder of ECP mod (0 mb)

Sounds from the addons folder of the ECP mod (3.89 mb)

So it's not in one all-inclusive package now?

I'm sure his MOD is fantastic, everyone go download it now  rock.gif

What I'm saying is in the quest to add lots of "smoke, fire, and good stuff" try to only add "smoke, fire, and good stuff" where "smoke, fire, and good stuff" would normally result. I don't want to download an @ECP Update and crash my bicycle and be burned to death by the resulting hollywood explosion.  crazy_o.gif

GMR made the explosions. the fire, the smoke the burning debris. and he made the various classes explode differently. but its not his fault that some brain dead BIS employ had teh brilliant idea to classify the bicycle as a "car"  rock.gif  its not goldmembers fault that BIS classified the bike as a car. he just made the car explode. besides. not to many ppl use the bike cuz it only moves 1m an hour  crazy_o.gif

I didn't know the bike even blew up differently.. I wasn't accusing the great Goldmember of any lack of diligence in his addon creation.. chill out dude..

And lay off BIS, they have supported this game like no developers have EVER supported a game, they deserve your respect as they have earned it. rock.gif

aight sorry brother. seemed like u was dissin GM w/o mentioning the pluses to his mod. everythngs cool now brotha

as far as my opinion on th BIS staff.. eh it still stands. jsut my opinion thou

Whens the new version going to be released? end of of week?

Actually I just hope, that if you implent GMR explo effects, please implent the middle effect with debris (or let us best choose)...

Agree.. Middel or choice.

Alittle stupid to say but middle is middel, not to much flame and not to much explosion.... tounge_o.gif

Are there any mirrors for the latest ECP release? Especially for the DR files. Download at OFPEC is so slow I'll be probably still downloading on xmas...

Edit: Thanks, RED.

Agree.. Middel or choice.

Alittle stupid to say but middle is middel, not to much flame and not to much explosion....  tounge_o.gif

choice is better. cuz i prefer the flamer.

Problems I found in multiplayer:

- with the ECP loaded the glider chute addon doesn't work anymore (you get the standard OFP chute). Unfortunately this will make many great missions unplayable and rid us of a great addon.

- In a mission that already had the spectator script the switch back from seagull mode did not work - no matter how high I climbed.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- with the ECP loaded the glider chute addon doesn't work anymore (you get the standard OFP chute). Unfortunately this will make many great missions unplayable and rid us of a great addon.

What is the glider chute addon? If you want to stop the Halo scripts from activating you only need to open up your ECP_settings.sqs and change one variable at the bottom.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- In a mission that already had the spectator script the switch back from seagull mode did not work - no matter how high I climbed.

Thanks, we will look into this smile_o.gif

RED

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- with the ECP loaded the glider chute addon doesn't work anymore (you get the standard OFP chute). Unfortunately this will make many great missions unplayable and rid us of a great addon.
What is the glider chute addon? If you want to stop the Halo scripts from activating you only need to open up your ECP_settings.sqs and change one variable at the bottom.

The glider chute is a steerable parachute (don't remember the author). We have used in in many missions on our server, and there's no way we will change all these again.

What if I change the sqs - will I still be able to activate the halo script from within a new mission?

Something else: We also use the original blood pack. As I understand this would no longer be needed with the ECP config. Will the original variables (for example to activate damage through bloodloss or to modify the blood addons parameters) still work? We used this in many missions, too - and changing all them would probably be more work than using the ECP would be worth.

so take out the spectator script in that mission tounge_o.gif

That would mean we had to edit most missions that were made since Kegetys script came out for the first time. That's >100 missions, many of them made by other people, not members of my own squad. No way we'll do that.

Are there any plans to upgrade the spectator script to 1.2?  I really miss the zoom slider in the menu.

I think that in the case of ECP or UCE_JAM, the mission must be updated, not by you only it must be done by many people...

But we must create a website to explain who do what, to not do 3 time same works...

Well, to be honest, we will not start updating all our missions because of an addon. If an addon requires us to do this we can't use it. We have several hundered missions on the server, many of them using addons or the spectator script. It's simply not possible for us to do that.

An addon like the UCE/Jam update should not need any update to old missions, as long as the original classnames are kept the same (as far as the groups error is concerned - that only is relevant for a few missions). I see the possible conflict where you have an in-mission spectate script and the spectate script of the ECP, but I hope this might be solved.

Some other stuff like the Halo script I'd rather have manually activated in a mission by setting a parameter, as it will change old missions quite heavily and makes some unplayable (for example if they use the glider chute) if set active by default.

Edit: and yes, updating the spectate script to V1.2 would be great!

All variables can be set in mission, if you want to use the ECP halo scripts in a mission but want them off by deafult just put this in your init.sqs.

ECP_halo_enable = true

We will be updating the Specator script to 1.2 smile_o.gif

RED

id like to add that i have sent snyper both the INQ weapons pack, AND the 21VB controlable parachute with some instructions of how to use. and a possible idea to replace the defualt BIS chute with the round "back up chute" so that we will never fall off course again smile_o.gif

not saying he WILL use it. but its quite possible. and has been suggested. hell i should join the mod as an idea man and go getter tounge_o.gif

id like to add that i have sent snyper both the INQ weapons pack, AND the 21VB controlable parachute with some instructions of how to use. and a possible idea to replace the defualt BIS chute with the round "back up chute" so that we will never fall off course again smile_o.gif

not saying he WILL use it. but its quite possible. and has been suggested. hell i should join the mod as an idea man and go getter tounge_o.gif

Sounds nice... maybe then also ai can use the chute properly.

As for the parameters & spectate script 1.2, that sounds great! smile_o.gif

Now I just need to know wether the parameters the ECP blood uses are the same as in the original blood addon by Snypir.