Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

I hate lawyers, too. nevertheless...........

The Tale of Custard the Dragon

Belinda lived in a little white house,

With a little black kitten and a little gray mouse,

And a little yellow dog and a little red wagon,

And a realio, trulio, little pet dragon.

Now the name of the little black kitten was Ink,

And the little gray mouse, she called hum Blink,

And the little yellow dog was sharp as Mustard,

But the dragon was a coward, and she called him Custard.

Custard the dragon had big sharp teeth,

And spikes on top of him and scales underneath,

Mouth like a fireplace, chimney for a nose,

And realio, trulio daggers on his toes.

Belinda was as brave as a barrel full of bears,

And Ink and Blink chased lions down the stairs,

Mustard was as brave as a tiger in a rage,

But Custard cried for a nice safe cage.

Belinda tickled him, she tickled him unmerciful,

Ink, Blink and Mustard, they rudely called him Percival,

They all sat laughing in the little red wagon

At the realio, trulio, cowardly dragon.

Belinda giggled till she shook the house,

and Blink said Weeck! which is giggling for a mouse,

Ink and Mustard rudely asked his age,

When Custard cried for a nice safe cage.

Suddenly, suddenly they heard a nasty sound,

And Mustard growled, and they all looked around.

Meowch! cried Ink, and Ooh! cried Belinda,

For there was a pirate, climbing in the winda.

Pistol in his left hand, pistol in his right,

And he held in his teeth a cutlass bright,

His beard was black, one leg was wood;

It was clear that the pirate meant no good.

Belinda paled, and she cried Help! Help!

But Mustard fled with a terrified yelp,

Ink trickled down to the bottom of the household,

And little mouse Blink strategically mouseholed.

But up jumped Custard snorting like an engine,

Clashed his tail like irons in a dungeon,

With a clatter and a clank and a jangling squirm,

He went at the pirate like a robin at a worm.

The pirate gaped at Belinda's dragon,

And gulped some grog from his pocket flagon,

He fired two bullets, but they didn't hit,

And Custard gobbled him, every bit.

Belinda embraced him, Mustard licked him,

No one mourned for his pirate victim.

Ink and Blink in glee did gyrate

Around the dragon that ate the pirate.

But presently up spoke little dog Mustard,

I'd been twice as brave if I hadn't been flustered.

And up spoke Ink and up spoke Blink,

We'd have been three times as brave, we think,

And Custard said, I quite agree

That everybody is braver than me.

Belinda still lives in her little white house,

With her little black kitten and her little gray mouse,

And her little yellow dog and her little red wagon,

And her realio, trulio little pet dragon.

Belinda is as brave as a barrel full of bears,

And Ink and Blink chase lions down the stairs,

Mustard is as brave as a tiger in a rage,

But Custard keeps crying for a nice safe cage.

first i thought: WTF ??

after reading it twice i think i got the meaning. is it: dogs that bark don´t bite. ?

if i´m wrong it´s still a nice poem,

"And little mouse Blink strategically mouseholed" was funny biggrin_o.gif

Well Avon, considering that guy was like completely round and maybe 100 pounds overweight, I think anyone could have easily pushed him over. The problem is that he might have rolled away... sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

HAHAH BD tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Thats the trick roll him down a gutter or something .. but seriously Avon is right hero or no hero that guy looks like a bum whos firing a gun for the first time in his life n he was way too distratced with shooting the lawyer anyone could have ganged him from behind.... wink_o.gif

Whoaaaaa, this is crazy. I'm nearly speechless due to the stupidity of the act: in front of news cameras!? This guy was obviously a nutcase who didn't care about the concequences at all.

It's sad to say, but my freinds and I definantly agree, that this is almost an 'only in America' incident, but all societies have their 1 in a million events every now and then.

It's sad to say, but my freinds and I definantly agree, that this is almost an 'only in America' incident

Many aussies say this phrase i keep seing it too often is this a common phrase there or what? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

first i thought: WTF ??

after reading it twice i think i got the meaning. is it: dogs that bark don´t bite. ?

if i´m wrong it´s still a nice poem,

"And little mouse Blink strategically mouseholed" was funny  biggrin_o.gif

Not my work, a bloke called Ogden Nash wrote it, but you get the idea.

I honestly can't say how I would react if I was on the street and facing a man that had not only produced a gun, but already used it on another human being.

I know how I would like to think I would react...

For me he is not stupid because he pulled this off in front of cameras, it makes no real difference, actually it is worse to hide your crime. He ws going to get caught for shooting a judge anyways.

What is stupid is him having a weapon, in a city, full of only people, no war, and no grizzly bears to attack him. Go weapon laws go. We nead some freakin chearleders for the great freedom of the person next to you packing heat in the states. unclesam.gif

Never should have happened as pricks should not have weapons around, as we know they do. biggrin_o.gif

Ok I will no cease and desist...

It's sad to say, but my freinds and I definantly agree, that this is almost an 'only in America' incident

Many aussies say this phrase i keep seing it too often is this a common phrase there or what?  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

It's very common down here.

It's kind of an Aussie reaction to what we see of everyday America on the news, it's always something like 'Wife runs over husband because he got the wrong fabric softener' or 'Petrol Station attendant survives seventh shooting robery' or 'Terminator becomes governor'.

The phrase is what we use to describe something that's typical news to come from and only ever come from America.

it's always something like 'Wife runs over husband because he got the wrong fabric softener'

Yes? So? rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Many aussies say this phrase i keep seing it too often is this a common phrase there or what? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Not only common in Down Under - also over here in the 'Old World' (and I guess most places outside the US). We also have an expression that goes "In a recent study american scientist found that..." - but that's another story. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

BTW: Avon, see that's why the wify should do the shopping! tounge_o.gif

;)

On topic: I don't think it's a question whether it was clever or stupid to commit the crime in front of cameras, but rather whether a instable (and untrained) person like him should have access to handguns at all. The fact is he would have shot at the lawyer whether the street was empty or full of cops.

He had just lost a case in court and thus the lawyer (of his opponent in the case) was to be paid with his money (which he seems to desperately need for medical help). That's when he went insane and started shooting at the man, who only survived because a) the shooter was not trained, b) to furious to aim properly and c) the victim was clever enough to try and bring the tree between himself and the shooter.

Basically this is a sad story, but there's instable persons like him in all parts of the world, in most countries he wouldn't have had a gun at his disposal (and in most others where he might have had one, he would never have made it to the headlines)

Many aussies say this phrase i keep seing it too often is this a common phrase there or what?  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Not only common in Down Under - also over here in the 'Old World' (and I guess most places outside the US). We also have an expression that goes "In a recent study american scientist found that..." - but that's another story.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

BTW: Avon, see that's why the wify should do the shopping!  tounge_o.gif

;)

On topic: I don't think it's a question whether it was clever or stupid to commit the crime in front of cameras, but rather whether a instable (and untrained) person like him should have access to handguns at all. The fact is he would have shot at the lawyer whether the street was empty or full of cops.

He had just lost a case in court and thus the lawyer (of his opponent in the case) was to be paid with his money (which he seems to desperately need for medical help). That's when he went insane and started shooting at the man, who only survived because a) the shooter was not trained, b) to furious to aim properly and c) the victim was clever enough to try and bring the tree between himself and the shooter.

Basically this is a sad story, but there's instable persons like him in all parts of the world, in most countries he wouldn't have had a gun at his disposal (and in most others where he might have had one, he would never have made it to the headlines)

No, no, WIFE STAYS IN KITCHEN! smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Not only common in Down Under - also over here in the 'Old World' (and I guess most places outside the US). We also have an expression that goes "In a recent study american scientist found that..." - but that's another story.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

BTW: Avon, see that's why the wify should do the shopping!  tounge_o.gif

;)

No, no, WIFE STAYS IN KITCHEN! smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

No thats a very dangerous place , there are plenty of sharp objects within reacch tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

BTW why didnt he kill him altogether , why did he left him alive , what was the purpose of wielding a gun then? To terrorise him or what?

Terrorism? crazy_o.gif

What is stupid is him having a weapon, in a city, full of only people, no war, and no grizzly bears to attack him. Go weapon laws go. We nead some freakin chearleders for the great freedom of the person next to you packing heat in the states. unclesam.gif

Never should have happened as pricks should not have weapons around, as we know they do. biggrin_o.gif

You just HAD to make it a gun control issue. Despite the apparent side effects of allowing the public to have weapons, I'll take a government that trusts me any day to one that doesn't.

link

Yep the guy sure was a nutbag, but the way people talk - you'd think all the nutbags are from the U.S.. The U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on nutbags. U.S. nutbags just have more freedom than the rest.

idiocy + temorary insanity

anyways, it is my understanding that the gunman didn't even enter courthouse. if he did he would have been stopped by guards.

Yep the guy sure was a nutbag, but the way people talk - you'd think all the nutbags are from the U.S.. The U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on nutbags. U.S. nutbags just have more freedom than the rest.

Summed up in a nutshell. tounge_o.gif

Has it been established this guy was a fruitcake or was this just a plain and simple pre-determined act in an attempt to blow the lawyer away?! rock.gif

Summed up in a nutshell. tounge_o.gif

Has it been established this guy was a fruitcake or was this just a plain and simple pre-determined act in an attempt to blow the lawyer away?! rock.gif

From the way he behaved and shot i guess he bought the gun at a pawn shop tounge_o.gif and so it was a pre-determined act.

Maybe he just knew he wasnt gonna have things his way so might as well cut the lawyers fee. crazy_o.gif

The early reports I heard said that he was firing blanks to scare the guy...?

From this news update:

Quote[/b] ]Curry was hit several times in the upper body, said Los Angeles police Capt. Jim Miller.

/placebo will be so proud of me

Doesn't surprise me...our local news often gets facts like this wrong in early reports, especially international ones...

Why does it always have to become a gun control issue whenever something happens that includes a gun?

I've never see someone raise the knife controle question, or the car controle, or alcohol question or...

I haven't read all the new, but did he even own the gun legally? He would have got one if he really wanted to anyways, legal or illegal.

I haven't read all the new, but did he even own the gun legally? He would have got one if he really wanted to anyways, legal or illegal.

From what i hear allmost no gun related crime are done with legally owned guns. That would be rather stupid too biggrin_o.gif

Why does it always have to become a gun control issue whenever something happens that includes a gun?

I've never see someone raise the knife controle question, or the car controle, or alcohol question or...

Because, knives are used daily in cities and elsewhere to live/survive. Cars are used to get around on the streets, in cities and elsewhere. A gun is a weapon for combat these days. Ie killing people. Unless you have a hunting rifle.

It IS a gun control issue. Just becasue so many people on this forum liek guns kind of blinds them that it's not an issue. wink_o.gif

No, if guns were completely illegal in the states that dufus would not have one or have planned to use one. It is simply accepted that you ca neasily geta gun in the states and that's likely why he had one.

The early reports I heard said that he was firing blanks to scare the guy...?

Yes I thought that too, after all the lawyer seemed to be ok and could walk away... crazy_o.gif

He must have been very lucky. wow_o.gif

BTW why didnt he kill him altogether , why did he left him alive , what was the purpose of wielding a gun then? To terrorise him or what?

Terrorism? crazy_o.gif

Heh, he thought he would have killed him with his first shot. he unloaded his gun trying to kill him. The lawyer did a great job ducking around the tree and so I don't thnk he got hit in his center at all, major organs or head.

The way that man was shooting was totally learned from TV. It was a social shooting, not a combat/hit type of operation. wink_o.gif Culture + deadly weapon.

Now i see what they mean by 'america only thing' biggrin_o.gif

Yeah well the lawyer should have kicked the gun out of his hand or tried it from behind that tree position.