Sign in to follow this  
-TU--33ker

Military patches

Service_des_Eaux_Mankenpis_Cie_non_identifiee.jpg

"service des eaux" being the part of the engineer regiments taking care of the water

Parcs_du_Genie_d_Armee_dessin_voir_planche_32_mini.jpg

army engineer garden services

Dragueur_311_Aug_mini.jpg

french navy minesweeper n°311

L_Intrepide_DOM_mini.jpg

hunter hunted , "L'intrépide" oversea department patrol boat

Le_Vigilant_Aug_avec_autorisation_de_W_Disney.jpg

"Le vigilant" patrolboat

LCT_1126_DOM_Depose.jpg

Landing Craft Tank 1126

you will notice how popular Donald Duck is in the french Navy tounge_o.gif (that's certainly because the sailors don't have to wear the insignas they draw)

and i've posted these since to my knowledeg they all exist as arm patches

"Service des eaux" tounge_o.gif

LOL

I'd like to see the reaction of thirsty french soldiers when they see this patch. biggrin_o.gif

SonTay%20Raid.gif

Quote[/b] ]The patch was worn by air force troops who participated in the raid on the prison camp in North Vietnam. The inscription "KITD/FOHS" refers to the fact that the air force support elements were not privy to much of the information about the raid; hence, "Kept In The Dark/Fed Only Horse Shit." This statement is also alluded to in the design of a pair of worried eyes peeking out from under a mushroom.

Some more:

US_Army_military_police-2.jpg

Military_police.jpg

$33ker @ Oct. 31 2003,14:18)]img]http://www.herald.ns.ca/2003/10/31/photos/1031.jpg[/img]

tounge_o.gif

Do you know more inofficial patches? Post them here! smile_o.gif

It'd be a lot funnier if a few crews didn't loose their lives every year in those SeaKings

Quote[/b] ]Saturday March 1, 2003

The Sea King helicopter was about seven metres in the air when it suddenly dropped on the flight deck of the HMCS Iroquois and rolled on its side. The picture was reminiscent of anything that's old and tired, and dying, being expected to carry out tasks that it no longer can handle. It just keeled over, like the last dinosaur.

Each time Jean Chrétien learns of another Sea King mishap that threatens the lives of our soldiers, does he hang his head in shame that he was the one who quashed the deal to replace these aircraft when he came to power in 1993? He must be embarrassed, at the very least.

Yesterday's crash on the Iroquois forced the destroyer to turn back to Halifax from its mission to the Gulf of Oman where it was to take up command of eight warships involved in Operation Apollo, patrolling against illicit arms traders in Afghanistan.

This is a disgrace to the entire nation — it must certainly be for Chrétien.

oct3103c.jpg

*edit*...well then, who thought Google Image search would cause so much trouble.

I wonder who ripped off that patch disign from the others. Germans or Americans? tounge_o.gif

$33ker @ Nov. 01 2003,17:55)]I wonder who ripped off that patch disign from the others. Germans or Americans? tounge_o.gif

fulcrum means falcon?

cvn70bartoif.JPG

This is the "Bart Simpson - I Wasn't There" cruise patch for the USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) for their WestPac/Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003 cruise patch.

hsl46parking.JPG

This is the det patch from Operation Iraqi Freedom for the HSL-46 Grandmasters that fly the SH-60B out of NAS Mayport, FL. It states the "Baghdad Parking Permit", World's Largest Parking Lot.

hsl46hunting.JPG

This is the det patch from Operation Iraqi Freedom for the HSL-46 Grandmasters that fly the SH-60B out of NAS Mayport, FL. It states the "Terrorist Hunting Permit".

$33ker @ Nov. 01 2003,17:55)]I wonder who ripped off that patch disign from the others. Germans or Americans? tounge_o.gif

fulcrum means falcon?

AFAIK fulcrum is the NATO designation of the Mig-29. It's not a German word. I mean the patches have the same design, but are worn by different air forces which fly different planes. Who was the copycat? tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hog-whtsale.jpg

Hahahahahahaha ::snort::

Quote[/b] ]hsl46parking.JPG

Hahahahahaha

Army Heraldry is anal. Everything is scrolls and swords and other miscellaneous mideval/civil war/ revolution type stuff. We take ourselves too seriously. However not as bad as the Marines. They are so anal they don't wear anthing except the fish hook and chicken. Some wear wings but most are legs anyway.

$33ker @ Nov. 03 2003,19:02)]
@ Nov. 03 2003,03:02)]Another Mig-29 unit patch:

tounge_o.gif

I seriously spent about 30 seconds with MS Paint, if that's what you mean smile_o.gif

$33ker @ Nov. 02 2003,11:05)]AFAIK fulcrum is the NATO designation of the Mig-29. It's not a German word. I mean the patches have the same design, but are worn by different air forces which fly different planes. Who was the copycat? tounge_o.gif

Think about it a minute, the badges show a falcon, it's a very common patch worn by USAF F-16 pilots. The two patches I posted afterwards were worn by German pilots who took part in mock combat against USAF F-16's, and were designed to poke some fun at the Falcon.

This explains a lot to me. smile_o.gif

I wasn't aware of the fact that they were training together and the Germans were making fun of them.

$33ker @ Nov. 03 2003,12:13)]This explains a lot to me. smile_o.gif

I wasn't aware of the fact that they were training together and the Germans were making fun of them.

I think Germany, the UK and Singapore all have squadrons/commands based in the US for training. Nellis AFB in Nevada, if I'm not mistaken.

I remember when I was in basic at Fort Benning, Georgia, they had the School of the Americas there (now named something else after the whole human rights debacle). It was fascinating to see so many Latin American uniforms there and how they all differed. They've got patches and medals all over the place. crazy_o.gif

I know that German Pilots are trained there, but I don't think that they'll bring their Migs to america. smile_o.gif It's the other way IMO. The americans came to europe to train with our migs. This happens regularly.