Sign in to follow this  
jaenak

Cheats & fade

Just a simple question. There seems to be cheats available for an individual to use in single player mode but everywhere they're listed, they also say that using them will activate FADE. Was that done intentionally? Why would Bohemia Interactive put cheats into a game if you can't use them? Is there a way to use them in campaign mode without activating the FADE feature?

(Input from a modifier would be gladly accepted.)

Thank you for your input!

Call me paranoid because I am but have you tried the four cheats listed in your FAQ section and has your game held up okay? Reason why I ask is because I've always been told that using those cheats will activate fade and I've put in alot of time on OFP.

Thank you for your input!

Call me paranoid because I am but have you tried the four cheats listed in your FAQ section and has your game held up okay?  Reason why I ask is because I've always been told that using those cheats will activate fade and I've put in alot of time on OFP.

Yes, lots of people have used them.

You're simply a victim of someone's OFP ignorance or hoax. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I've always been told that using those cheats will activate fade and I've put in alot of time on OFP.

Your sources are wrong. Built-in cheats (activated with Shift-Minus) do not activate Fade - and yes, I have tried all four of them, and my game still holds OK. smile_o.gif

Using search function could show you some old topics dealing with this subject.

Thanks everyone! I'm finally enlightened upon this subject. I'm now going to go around the net to all the sites I saw and inform the webmasters of the incorrect info.

Remember, it's LEFT shift plus KEYPAD minus to turn on the cheats, I had the problem where I was using the key next to backspace for a long while... hehe

Remember, it's LEFT shift plus KEYPAD minus

You mean NUMPAD minus. smile_o.gif

same thing... crazy_o.gif

Remember, it's LEFT shift plus KEYPAD minus

You mean NUMPAD minus. smile_o.gif

same thing... crazy_o.gif

To me, KEYPAD is the same as KEYBOARD. ghostface.gif

Remember, it's LEFT shift plus KEYPAD minus to turn on the cheats, I had the problem where I was using the key next to backspace for a long while... hehe

Believe me, I have tried both Left, Right Shift NUMPAD minus and the hidden keyboard minus.

Believe me, I have tried both Left, Right Shift NUMPAD minus and the hidden keyboard minus.

Do you have a regular or notebook computer?

Did you release your finger from LEFT SHIFT before hitting NUMPAD minus?

I have a pretty desktop computer, with an old keyboard, perhaps we should say 686 age, Norwegian keyboard if it makes any meaning...

In some games there is a keyboard minus between the 0 and backspace, I tried the 2 keys there.

Hmmm not sure if I tried releasing the left-shift before pressing minus.

I think I will try that again when I find the 1.46 update file on a disc in my CD archive, can't remember which one I backed it up on together with some addons tounge_o.gif

I have a pretty desktop computer, with an old keyboard, perhaps we should say 686 age, Norwegian keyboard if it makes any meaning...

686? The Vikings had keyboards? Must've bought 'em when they discovered America.

Quote[/b] ]In some games there is a keyboard minus between the 0 and backspace, I tried the 2 keys there.

No, that's not the numeric keypad. The numeric keypad is the keyboards right-hand pad. The NUMPAD's minus key is normally in the top right corner of your keyboard.

686? The Vikings had keyboards? Must've bought 'em when they discovered America.

Quote[/b] ]In some games there is a keyboard minus between the 0 and backspace, I tried the 2 keys there.

No, that's not the numeric keypad. The numeric keypad is the keyboards right-hand pad. The NUMPAD's minus key is normally in the top right corner of your keyboard.

I tried the Num pad as well, right hand lots of funny buttons there.

I tried it with and without Num Lock on... But like I said, I am going to try that left release shift then go minus.

Perhaps I should been saying 686 era instead of age... Oh well, isn't x86 computing great? soon we get x86-64 bit computing, MORE fun.

How does the topology cheat work? It's the only one i am interested in but i never got an island map put out? I think i heard something about it only working in v1.00?!? If that was true one couldn't use it for all the islands requiring v1.75 or newer sad_o.gif

I think it gives you a file with a lot of funny numbers that represents height... Can be pretty big though.

I tried that cheat thing again, I got something that changed though, it zoomed a little bit in when I pressed minus and when I released it it went back to normal.

Same with the method you presented Avon.