Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Hh-60 seahawk + hh-60j pavehawk

The pack is comming nicely I have not worked today on it cause I was at my work sad_o.gif (I hate it love only the money tounge_o.gif)

Tommorow is my daughters birthday biggrin_o.gif

Saturday and sunday I am at home will work more on it not long till it is finished you guys will love the pack wink_o.gif

1.) I hate it love only the money tounge_o.gif

2.) Tommorow is my daughters birthday  biggrin_o.gif

3.) long till it is finished you guys will love the pack    wink_o.gif

1.) Doesn't everybody?! biggrin_o.gif

2.) Happy birthday!

3.) YAY! biggrin_o.gif

i hope to see the landing gear wheels fixed on these bad boys - bis model problem from back in the day tounge_o.gif

i hope to see the landing gear wheels fixed on these bad boys - bis model problem from back in the day tounge_o.gif

What you mean by landing gears fixed rock.gif

Shall I add a third pilot model to the chopper rock.gif

I know as a engine limit it is not possible to make him active in game but if you guys want it I can add him as a dummy the the chopper p3d self he can not disembark he can do nothing he only seat there as a dummy model.

So I add him only if you people want it

Noool.... please don't do that because then it will not be realistic if the chopper crashes or if you want an empty chopper showing the crew member getting in...there will always be that dummy crew member.

So no please don't add another crew member.

What could be improved perhaps is having a minigun instead of a .50 cal machine gun on the Pavehawk as well as perhaps one on a version of the SeaHawk (although I'm not sure what type of weapon they normally mount on it when they use doorguns).

Another idea is to have the first cargo position as a flight engineer position. That way people could put in their own pilot... but it also wouldn't look strange if the position was just taken up by a regular soldier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

A seahawk has not a minigun is has a 50cal or a 7.62 mm machine gun.

For weapon loadouts it has MK46 or MK50 torpedoes

The SH60R has torpedoes + AGM-119 Penguin antishipping missiles and AGM-114 Hellfire anti-armor missiles.

So no minigun m8.

As for the 3rd crew member sitting in dummy slot I thought you guys would like that more realistic but I am here to serve you guys so it is your call.

edit:a cargo position as a copilot slot that sounds a good idea wink_o.gif

make script with SetObject Texture?

And if some one get's in the choppper the dummy will be called in and place with the script...

And if evry one is out the dummy is out too...

Same with the crash...

Or just add some extra cargo seats too it.

can you show a picture where it shows a minigun on a seahawk than I add a minigun wink_o.gif

hehe 2.75 inch rockets MK 50 torpedo Hellfire missiles and MK 2 MOD 7 Penguin air-to-surface missile.

can be mounted.

The SH-60B can be armed with both MK 46 and MK 50 torpedoes and a single M60 machine gun.

Flares are added wink_o.gif

As for the penguin will try to add it as cause I have the Torpedoes in the weapon proxy as the penguin only work as a fake slot.

OooOooOoOoh!!! Did you fix the big rotor thing and the left wheel? In the first release, the big rotor is not on its right axis and the left wheel was wierded up.

OooOooOoOoh!!! Did you fix the big rotor thing and the left wheel? In the first release, the big rotor is not on its right axis and the left wheel was wierded up.

yes all fixed the lod texture bug is fixed too it will be a big pack the pack slowly grows there will be 6/7 versions with different weapon loadouts colour wait and see wink_o.gif

Sweet.  Yeah I think you are right about the doorgun being a M60 or M240 as I can't remember seeing a SH-60 with a minigun... I just know that the US Airforce and Army normally use 7.62mm M134 miniguns as doorguns so I figured that perhaps the Navy is using them also as they are generally more effective... although I hear that the .50 cal M2 is more effective when shooting through thick vegitation such as what is found in tropical jungle canopies in South America.

Anyways, I'll see if I can find any pics of SH-60's with M134's on them.  I guess the best thing would be to try and find some SH-60 crew members who can tell you for certain.  

That's what BAS did for their MH-60 helicopters.  

Also for sound I highly recommed updating the sound to Satchel's Blackhawk sound from his dynamic range sound pack (with proper credits to him of coarse).  

As for the dummy flight engineer position, someone mentioned using proxies which might be good....but also I imagine that would be very complicated.   I think it would be alot easier just making a flight engineer position as a cargo system.  That way if a mission maker wants realism they can just add 3 pilots as crew members and the third will take the first cargo position which can be made as a flight engineer position.  I think that would be the best approach as it allows realism for those who want it.   To me a dummy crew member would be much less realistic.  At least a real soldier in the first cargo position simulating a flight enginneer would give the helicopter one extra soldier to help fight in case the helicopter crew has to disembark during a crash landing  and if they have to defend themselves until rescue units arrive.

Anyways, it sounds like your new pack is going to be awesome!  I can't wait to see it!!!!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

S70B_0012.jpg

found a nice pic of the cockpit

refuel_over_Kuwait700.jpg

just a really cool pic

CSARx3.jpg

crewman.jpg

Luq3.jpg

heres the gun..

Quote[/b] ]Aviation Ordnance (AO) - Aviation Ordnanceman are responsible for maintaining armament systems on both the HH-60H and SH-60F. They load torpedoes, Hellfire missiles, sonobouys, chaff, flares, and smoke markers onto the aircraft. In addition they maintain a variety of machine guns that can be installed in the cabin door positions of the helo's as well as personal weapons. These include the GAU-16 .50 cal, M-240 7.62 cal, M-60 7.62 cal, CAR-15 5.56 cal, and 9mm Sig Sauer pistols.

Source

What you mean by landing gears fixed rock.gif

just fire up ur game, and either use ur helos or bis blackhawks in the editor - not the wheels - they look funny - wish i could post a pic but i can't rite now -

anyone have a pic of the default bis blackhawk? the wheels more specifically - they look really messed up, and i hope to see this fixed. its little details like that which make a huge difference biggrin_o.gif keep up the good work!

Bah!  I can't take it anymore!  There's a bunch of bad gouge flying around here...mostly because everyone is getting their Seahawks confused.

People keep bitching about what gun it has, but let's settle on the model being discussed first.  

60F:  No radar (as mentioned), but does have some black boxes on board.  As for guns, I'm not completely sure, as I don't deal w/ them much at all.  Let's just say M-60 and GAU-16 (.50 cal, different from the M2).

60H:  Is a troop transport.  No radar, but does have a FLIR turret on the nose and carries Hellfire.  Also has the suppressors on the engines.  Carries M-60/240, GAU-16, and the tri-barrel minigun (forget the GAU desig.).

60B:  (near and dear to my heart).  Has the radar.  The pic of the Aussie -60 is actually a S-70B, which is the export version.  Ours (US) looks different.  A Block 1 -60B carries:  M-60 (no 240s in the inventory yet), GAU-16, Hellfire (has a FLIR turret as well), MK-46, and MK-50.  It does NOT carry the Penguin anymore (there's only about 80 left anyway, and they're not authorized anymore).  The -60B is the only one that has the MAD bird that's been mentioned.  And FWIW, a -60B can't carry all of this at once.  With a full load of buoys and two torps, it can't take off w/ a full bag of gas.

The model looks promising.  Guess you're beating BAS.  Tigershark keeps promising me a Seahawk one of these days... tounge_o.gif

The model looks promising.  Guess you're beating BAS.  Tigershark keeps promising me a Seahawk one of these days... tounge_o.gif

Nah I am never beat BAS tounge_o.gif

BAS is one of my favor MOD teams they are 1000 times more skilled than me wink_o.gif

I hope that they make a Seahawk wink_o.gif

Nah I am never beat BAS tounge_o.gif  

BAS is one of my favor MOD teams they are 1000 times more skilled than me wink_o.gif

I hope that they make a Seahawk wink_o.gif

Yes, but right now, I want your Seahawk biggrin_o.gif