Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Usmc lav 25

As some of you were requesting Sigma has done a USMC version of the LAV 25. It uses default BIS crew so if you want to crew it with different units you will have to place them in an empty one. Get it over on the vehicles page. The vehicle can be found under west, OPN American Vehicles in the editor.

usmc.jpg

usmc1.jpg

first, nice looking addon.

then, i tested it in the editor and it causes lag.

i tested it on nogova and tonal. It was the only unit on the map and when i use the first person view it lags a lot, but really a lot. If i use the third person view, there's no lag anymore. It lags with the empty version of the lav. If i come close to the vehicle and zoom on it, it lags. When i open the back doors and look inside it lags too. If i'm at the gunner position, it lags too.

am i the only one to have such a problem??

my ofp settings are:

1024x768

normal terrain

view distance: 1200

my pc config:

athlon 1800+ (1.5Ghz)

512 ddram

radeon 8500

i don't think it comes from my settings or my config.

hoping this bug report could help you.

EDITED: i forgot to tell you that i was testing it under the 1.91 version. i didn't test it under 1.92 or 1.94.

I get very much lagg when i use the gunners optics ( V ) but not everytime, something like 80-90 % of the time.

Other then that it works as it should, this is a vehicle I've longed for. smile_o.gif Thanks Sigma!

I don't get any lag at all. . . even in the gunner optics. . .

I'm on a P4 1.6, 512 RAM and a 64 meg Geforce III

No lag either but I'm running slightly above the average:

P4 2.4

1 GB ddr333

gf fx5200 128mb vid ram

My settings are max detail level, 2500 view distance, normal terrain detail and all options like blood etc enabled. I would suggest if you are having probs to download the latest drivers for your vid card and direct x9.0b. and run ofp 1.94.

No lag here.

Celeron 133

2 MB onboard graphics

32 MB ram

Windows 3.1

biggrin_o.gif

Actually

3000 Athlon

Geforce FX 5600 256 MB

512 MB DDR RAM

No lag, but starting in the water with an AI driver the vehicle won't proceed to the next waypoint.

Carries 5 troops. Any idea of the composition of the squad?

PS: Thanks, I've been waiting for this one. smile_o.gif

Nice work Sigma6! I cant wait to get home from work and give this baby a spin!

Enjoy, but bear in mind, you'll find bugs galore, mostly related to the fact that the car class is still very much disabled with no patch in sight.

Basically this is a glorified jeepMG like the other LAVs, still no turnouts or proper optics, or a proper commander position.

Even so, I think we've done pretty well.

ur asking a Canadian mod team , to make the LAV25 all america like? wtf tounge_o.gif

take it as it is i think its great! good work sigma

ur asking a Canadian mod team , to make the LAV25 all america like? wtf tounge_o.gif

take it as it is i think its great! good work sigma

Well it is supposed to be a USMC lav right? I know they are a Canadian team but i thought they were doing this one as a favor to their buddies down south? biggrin_o.gif

My rig is:

Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (800 MHz buss)

1 GB PC 3200 DDR-2 Ram

Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Mb running Catalyst 3.8

so it's not the system "power" but possibly the new 3.8 drivers...

I'll do some more testing after my field excercise this weekend to see if I can nail down where my problem lays. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nice work lowering the poly count on that model.

Which model, my model? The polycount never went any higher than the 1.00 LOD. . . are you talking about the LOD work on the lower detail LODs?

I think you should make it classified as an armoured vehicle IE tracked (with invisible tracks making it appear as if it were a wheeled vehicle). I know that the wheels wouldn't pivot when you try to turn, but at least it would be much easier to use in combat. I tried using this vehicle in simulated combat situations and it just didn't perform like it should have... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nice work lowering the poly count on that model.

Which model, my model? The polycount never went any higher than the 1.00 LOD. . . are you talking about the LOD work on the lower detail LODs?

Is something bothering you about that remark?

No, I was just wondering what prompted it. . .

In particular, because all of the main LODs have the interior and exterior integrated in the same LOD, in order to make the trick of the JeepMG class work as something nearing a wheeled tank class. Your remark was just puzzling, because I was confused about what you thought I might have lowered the polycount *from*. My response was just indicating my confusion, as the only polycount lowering I did was to get the lower resolution LODs to have lower counts. . . and other than that, all I've done on it this year was make the polycount higher and retexture it again.

. . . unless, you were intimating that I'd pirated it from somewhere (which I didn't think you were, BTW), which would be laughable, because this was actually my first O2 project, which I started back in August of 2002 while I was first learning 3d. I think I even have shots of it somewhere when it was just 15 polys.

I think you should make it classified as an armoured vehicle IE tracked (with invisible tracks making it appear as if it were a wheeled vehicle).  I know that the wheels wouldn't pivot when you try to turn, but at least it would be much easier to use in combat.  I tried using this vehicle in simulated combat situations and it just didn't perform like it should have...  sad_o.gif

WTF?rock.gif What do you mean it doesn't perform as it should??? I WOULD HATE IT if they made it into a tank class. I've tried other addons that did that and they absolutely sucked because they moved around like tanks in a HIGHLY unrealistic manner. This LAV-25 performs just fine. I have no idea what you're talking about. The worst bug I could see with it is that it shakes around some times in some positions when its standing still. But other then that, it acts and reacts like a LAV-25 should...well except that the AI should put the pedal to the metal if they spot RPG gunners in the vicinity. (Speed is essential to avoid RPG's).

At any rate, I really hope Sigma doesn't make them into a tank class. I would definitely not use it if he did.

But as it is now I think its fantastic and I can't thank Sigma and Operation Northstar enough for this fantastic LAV-25!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>