Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Haddock

Ferret. new screenshot at http://ofp.gamezone.cz

I feel it's my duty now to keep this thread alive. . .

Last I heard from Blackdog was that he was working on it.

I ported it ingame, finished setting up the LODs, built the hatch anim (bitch that was) and got the gunner's station working reasonably properly, and once that was all done, I sent it to blackdog

It still needs, best as I can tell, a new set of crew proxies (totally new anims, the normal OFP ones won't fit in such a small vehicle, even jammed in) lights set up, some lighting fixes on the hull (as blackdog said) and a series of resolution LODs.

Hatches where crew come up out of them won't be possible, I'm afraid, but while it's gonna be a bit, best I can tell this thing *will* be released eventually.

Oberon said he would do the lods and send a better 3DS model sad_o.gif( hehe sorry for not telling you sooner

errrrrr sorry ive let you all down, ive had internet connection problems............... ive had a word with oberon3d and a few things need changing, but its obvious that the model that i have is obsolete

errrrrr sorry ive let you all down, ive had internet connection problems............... ive had a word with oberon3d and a few things need changing, but its obvious that the model that i have is obsolete

Well release it than

I'm sorry but school just started, was waiting for the new gunners place thing from Oberon, and a new exterior (rebuilt some parts) so lighting would look a bit better... but it all fell apart in the end and I don't know what really happened.

I need to find someone else to finish it, it's got almost everything done with it except the sounds (which should be changed to a brdm, according to a friend who has one), and the lighting fixed, and maybe add two cargo positions on the outside. If any experienced people are up for the task plz pm me.

LOL yeah I was wondering too. Damn thing's been through half the addon makers on the forum and still no sign of release. crazy_o.gif Entire mods have been made since it was first announced. biggrin_o.gif

errrrrrm Try blackdog....... he had it last.......??? if not ill stop my projects and finish the old model oberon gave me...... (now it wont have hatch opeing features etc unless some one wants to help me....... but however before that give blackdog a try) untill blackdog releases the actual project

Blackdog was asking for help a few msgs up...nobody offered ,doesn't sound promising : (

well i know its in safe hands now........lets just hope the people whom have it finish it quick

Blackdog and his entire site are gone AFAIK, so I can't see him

finishing anything. smile_o.gif anybody still have the P3D?

I've got the completed model. I thought it was released already.  rock.gif

nope, wasn´t released

only 1 1/2 years of teasing with screenshots sad_o.gif

is it finished have you find any bugs rock.gif

if no bugs looks finished release it make it avaible for download wink_o.gif

LOL that would be so ironically appropriate for the Ferret - to have been delayed even longer because of a communications mixup. Will you release yours then Hellfish? smile_o.gif

The only big problem with the model as it stands is the lack of LODs. i.e none. there are also some minor lighting problems and it has no 'tag' at the moment either. but the model, config and animations seem fine. we're having our vehicles chap take a look at the moment.

ferrets.jpg

It's not my model (I don't even remember how I got it) so I won't release it without permission. Besides, it looks like the UKF guys are going to release it, so I'll let them take care of it. smile_o.gif

If I remember correctly (and that means going back a year or so) it was oberon3d who strarted with it. (at least I think that's the guys name). It's about time someone finishes it.

ITS OBERON 3DS model and textures

a number of people have had a look at it though including me

blackdog and a few unkown people whom may want to be credited but im not sure whos who

BTW i forgot to say Delitmon and I will be looking at the model, ive spoken to Oberon3d and hes happy as long as it is released and he has credit it for it so ill be as quick as pos doing it up and adding a few surprises here and there

The only thing I know is: Some one asked me to fix some config problems with it and make new ( Driver and gunner ) anims for it...Well I did it and I still have the whole OLDER version ferret at my HD...So if it's needed I got it with the new anims.

still working on it......... we got the Mk.1 ferret with no turret and a Gpmg, we are also making the ferret mk.3 with Tow

Sorry to sound rude but its taking time because im working on other projects, which means i give every project a certain amount of time........ swift