Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

1.94beta is out

When "Fired" event handler is activated, I want save information about target tank into, let's say, "_objectTarget". Then you can chase it in scripts. You can measure distance between the target and the missile which you have fired. If you could know it, you would be able to change missile path as you like, for example howitzer. tounge_o.gif

There is a Bullet Camera script .. bet you could search this forum for it.

Fire your first shot with cannon or mortar .. look where it lands and adjust ... but really its cheating tounge_o.gif

Please keep to the topic of the thread guys smile_o.gif

Had segmentation fault with 1.94 linux server the other day, is this an OFP error or a server error? Also still have to use -nomap command to avoid green screen. Perhaps 1.95 will end that.

No new features will be added, we are lucky enough that BIS chose to produce another 'final' patch.

Hmmm....

I'm sorry to hear that. No new feature will be added? wink_o.gif

I guess adding this locked on target detecting function to the latest patch is not so difficult. There is already that kind of Logic in OFP because there are guided missiles in OFP tounge_o.gif . Little modification will enable it in event handler.

Anyway I hope 'final' patch will be released soon.

Is the "ammo bug" fixed in 1.94 ? (I think the bug is still there)

What I call "ammo bug" is when ammo boxes or weapons get littered all over the ground when u put/get ammo/weapons from or to vehicles.

I beleive it only happens when the player has some desync.

This bug ruins a lot of CTI-games.

Don't you think that they it to us to at least partly fix the game that was not finished when we paid for it?  I don't understand all the ass-kissing I see around here.

The owe (which I think is the word you are missing) us nothing, yes we did pay for the game, and that gives us about |<->| that much right to moan about it, but overall, it is an excellent and functioning game.

Oh, and they are fixing it, its called OFP2.

Yes, I missed the word "owe" there.

You are wrong.  They do owe us something.  If you went to Burger King and ordered a double cheeseburger, and you got a bun, two slabs of meat, and a piece of cheese, I think you'd be pretty pissed.

Yes, it is a great game.  It's the best infantry game out there.  However, it has huge and glaring flaws that make the experience fall short of realistic.  I can promise you that they will not fix them in Operation Flashpoint 2.  I'm willing to bet money on it.  I'm talking about things like the bouncing tanks and the fact that your health is linked to that of your vehicle (for instance, you can never eject after being hit by an anti-aircraft missile, which is very unrealistic and frustrating).  Oh, and let's not forget the things that they could have easily changed with the alteration of a single line of code in any of the patches, like the infamous G-36 damage.  You know that in real life, the G-36, the M-16, and the Steyr Aug are the same caliber?  Yet in Operation Flashpoint, the G-36 does far more damage than the M-16 and the Steyr Aug, and will kill anyone with one shot, no matter where.  Why, the G-36 even does more damage than the fifty caliber machine gun, which is hilarious.  The G-36 is much smaller than fifty caliber.  It's two-two-three. Things like that really spoil the immersion, the feeling that you're really there. Even if they only fixed the easy-to-fix problems, it would make it so much more like you're really there. Because I haven't seen anything that comes anywhere near Operation Flashpoint for overall realism.

Again, this ass-kissing is making me nauseous.

Yes, I missed the word "owe" there.

You are wrong.  They do owe us something.  If you went to Burger King and ordered a double cheeseburger, and you got a bun, two slabs of meat, and a piece of cheese, I think you'd be pretty pissed.

Yes, it is a great game.  It's the best infantry game out there.  However, it has huge and glaring flaws that make the experience fall short of realistic.  I can promise you that they will not fix them in Operation Flashpoint 2.  I'm willing to bet money on it.  I'm talking about things like the bouncing tanks and the fact that your health is linked to that of your vehicle (for instance, you can never eject after being hit by an anti-aircraft missile, which is very unrealistic and frustrating).  Oh, and let's not forget the things that they could have easily changed with the alteration of a single line of code in any of the patches, like the infamous G-36 damage.  You know that in real life, the G-36, the M-16, and the Steyr Aug are the same caliber?  Yet in Operation Flashpoint, the G-36 does far more damage than the M-16 and the Steyr Aug, and will kill anyone with one shot, no matter where.  Why, the G-36 even does more damage than the fifty caliber machine gun, which is hilarious.  The G-36 is much smaller than fifty caliber.  It's two-two-three.  Things like that really spoil the immersion, the feeling that you're really there.  Even if they only fixed the easy-to-fix problems, it would make it so much more like you're really there.  Because I haven't seen anything that comes anywhere near Operation Flashpoint for overall realism.

Again, this ass-kissing is making me nauseous.

Don't use the G-36, don't use missions that use it.

They do not owe us anything, we paid for what we got. They give us upgrades for free. Why don't you just stay back in 1.20, before the G-36 was introduced in OFP?

Bouncing tanks, they tried to fix, did partly, but it is mainly not their fault but rather a bad collision LOD.

They aren't removing helicopter ejections because it has been there since the beginning of the game, if you don't want to be able to eject... use the commanche.

Nuff said.

Quote[/b] ]your health is linked to that of your vehicle (for instance, you can never eject after being hit by an anti-aircraft missile, which is very unrealistic and frustrating).

Er, I'm not complaining about being unable to eject out of helicopters.  I'm not at all sure about the realism in that (I think that you can eject from some helicopters if you lock the rotor first, which would take a while, but I'm not at all sure), but in real life you can often survive a helicopter crash.  That's what I'm talking about.  In Operation Flashpoint, if your aircraft is destroyed, you cannot eject.  You die when your aircraft does.  You can never survive a crash.  You can never survive a missile hit.  This is frustrating, unimmersive, and unrealistic.  You can never play out the exciting scenario of having your plane get hit by a missile, fighting the controls briefly, shouting "Oh my god I'm hit" or something, and then punching out.  You can never pull a Black Hawk Down (an even better book than movie, by the way) and successfully crash-land your helicopter.

And, the "don't like it don't use it" argument is silly for the G-36.  Bohemia Interactive advertises Operation Flashpoint as being realistic, and in most ways it is.  But the G-36 goes directly against that.  Why should I miss out on a large number of missions simply because I want what was advertised in a game?  Too many of the Red Hammer missions, and far, far too many simpletons who make the online missions, use the G-36 because it is a superweapon in Operation Flashpoint.  Never mind that in real life it is no better than the M-16.  Never mind that it not only is unrealistic, but also unbalances gameplay.  I don't see how anyone can like that gun, because the realism crowd doesn't like it and I can't imagine the balance crowd liking it.

You die when your aircraft does. You can never survive a crash. You can never survive a missile hit. This is frustrating, unimmersive, and unrealistic. You can never play out the exciting scenario of having your plane get hit by a missile, fighting the controls briefly, shouting "Oh my god I'm hit" or something, and then punching out. You can never pull a Black Hawk Down (an even better book than movie, by the way) and successfully crash-land your helicopter.

I did exactly that the last time i played. My helicopter was hit, engine went dead, i crash-landed it and got out. I then asked my teammates to bring a repair truck and took off again.

You die when your aircraft does. You can never survive a crash. You can never survive a missile hit. This is frustrating, unimmersive, and unrealistic. You can never play out the exciting scenario of having your plane get hit by a missile, fighting the controls briefly, shouting "Oh my god I'm hit" or something, and then punching out. You can never pull a Black Hawk Down (an even better book than movie, by the way) and successfully crash-land your helicopter.

I did exactly that the last time i played. My helicopter was hit, engine went dead, i crash-landed it and got out. I then asked my teammates to bring a repair truck and took off again.

Same here. I was clipped by a few rounds from a squad of infantry and I hit the deck. Barely survived.

Id just like to inquire as to if 1.94 will be made "official" at some point. Having it remain in beta has seemed to split an already shrinking online multiplayer community in half. In addition, I hope that if 1.94 does become official, that it will NOT be compatable with earlier versions. Will this patch be made official at some point?

Id just like to inquire as to if 1.94 will be made "official" at some point. Having it remain in beta has seemed to split an already shrinking online multiplayer community in half. In addition, I hope that if 1.94 does become official, that it will NOT be compatable with earlier versions. Will this patch be made official at some point?

I too hope that the "final" patch will be made incompatible to previous versions, so we have a "stable" userbase, ie you can use all features in missions/addons without the players with older versions getting problems or dropping from the server.

I concur with my colleagues here, please make 1.94 official soon. MP community is small as it is and it shouldn't become any smaller or I'm afraid it will get close to a "critical mass" where even the most dedicated fans will start wandering off to new games.

Thanks in advance

Make it final. I don't want to be silly and you don't want to be silly.

This is silly...

194 is not going to be final, it has too many "serious" bugs...

I don't want a "quick" final patch either. I want an "as bugfree as possible" final. I don't care how long it takes. I only want the final patch to be incompatible with the patches before, so you can be sure that only people with a fully patched ofp can join your game.

I don't want a "quick" final patch either. I want an "as bugfree as possible" final. I don't care how long it takes. I only want the final patch to be incompatible with the patches before, so you can be sure that only people with a fully patched ofp can join your game.

I second that.

Quote[/b] ]194 is not going to be final, it has too many "serious" bugs...

My life is full of bugs but I decided to make that final without modifications...

What do you mean by "serious"? Do you mean "serious" or *serious*?

As I see it, the benefits outweigh the bugs. So BIS, put up or shut up. This is silly...

I agree however on the wanted/requested/suggested incompatibility with previous versions. That wil make adminning a bit easier.