Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

1.94beta is out

Just tried the new patch (was running 1.91) and i noticed the game runs smoother now,very signicant performance improvement wow_o.gif , 1280x1024x32, 2x AA, 2km view distance...

also tried a bunch of addons and lotsa a.i. units and the game seemed more stable. Only time i had a froze or ctd before was running many units at same time with seb NP2, guess im up for some testing in Ia drang Island wink_o.gif .

Yes thx BIS. We really value your support smile_o.gif

This patch makes me happy, hehe also makes me wonder if we can expect another patch to finish it off, even though we've passed the FINAL patch hehe. biggrin_o.gif

...back from Ia drang i experienced zero crashes and zero freezes and also great performance, ahh.. how i luv tiger stripe cammo and the beautyfull M14 bang bang bang biggrin_o.gif .

without using -nomap thingy and with all addons in the addon folder plus alot of other addons and it runs very good.

Another big thank you goes to BIS staff smile_o.gif .

Good Points (Client)

With 1.94 and nomap I can now run with ALL my addons without the dreaded Green Screen.

Bad points (Win Server)

In MP players connecting/disconnecting without the needed addons can cause server to hang.

(Files now sent to BIS for review ;))

(SES tried 1.94 server for 24Hrs with 10 crashes due to this, now back to 1.92)

The only problem I've ever had with OFP has been solved ; no more SEB Nam crashes for me smile_o.gif

Thank you BIS Team,u are a legend.

Quote[/b] ]In MP players connecting/disconnecting without the needed addons can cause server to hang.

Can we have a crash dump files (context.bin and Flashpoint.rpt) sent to support@bistudio.com, please?

Excelent job BIS!

Really, I feared You abadoned us ... smile_o.gif

i look forward to see more betas and i'm sure i get another 20 people which will buy OFPR or GOTY smile_o.gif to play great MP

No more green screen with addons, and a lot fewer CTD's.

If you have any CTD still with 1.94, be sure to mail them to us (you already do know how, don't you wink_o.gif  ), so that we can analyse them.

Hmm, I have a 100% reproducable BSOD though. Pretty much all it requires is a Sound Blaster Live and a Shilka firing sound. Been there since the first version.

Doesn't happen on all systems. I have a sb live too and never crash (win98se and win xp prof).

Any BSOD indicates a bug in driver, operating system or hardware. No application can cause BSOD in a stable OS/HW environment.

Contactive Creative with BSOD and reproduction details could help.

Any BSOD indicates a bug in driver, operating system or hardware. No application can cause BSOD in a stable OS/HW environment.

Contactive Creative with BSOD and reproduction details could help.

Did that. Had about 12 emails back and forth from Creative Las before the usual endless loop. They don't think its their problem. Only happens in OFP and only with Shilka firing... but yes, only with SBLive and final drivers (earlier drivers are more unstable in other programs). Merely replacing the sound file might fix it? I'm sure Creatives dodgy drivers are at fault, but perhaps it could be worked around on the software side. A forum search shows many people experience this problem. BTW, I already sent this problem and the steps to reproduce to BIS, CodeMasters and Creative Labs. CodeMasters sent me instructions to scandisk, defrag, reinstall etc. BIS never replied.

No more green screen with addons, and a lot fewer CTD's.

If you have any CTD still with 1.94, be sure to mail them to us (you already do know how, don't you wink_o.gif  ), so that we can analyse them.

Hmm, I have a 100% reproducable BSOD though.  Pretty much all it requires is a Sound Blaster Live and a Shilka firing sound.  Been there since the first version.

I have SB Live POS and it never crashed my game, bit of crackling sound and doesnt like EAX mad_o.gif but it never crashed though, thats why knowing so many had probs i use the ancient drivers that came with it crazy_o.gif .

I'm using SB Live and some sounds have disappeared, such as the Humvee's engine sound, the AK shooting sound, frag grenade exploding sound, etc. I have tried letting the pc find new drivers for it, and I tried downloading new ones myself. Neither helped.

Please, stop discussing Creative sound cards in this topic. This topic is about 1.94 version.

First and foremost, Thank you Bohemia Interactive Studios for your commitment to supporting Operation Flashpoint and the community, and secondly for providing an EXE for which I'm yet to produce a CTD.

It kinda gets me thinking, how do you guys do it? smile_o.gif Are these fixes coming from the conversion to X-Box, or is it your wish to perfect the software, or what? I'm just curious.

Never, ever, have I seen a game developer with such commitment as you. It almost brings a tear to my eye because of the outstanding relationship you have with the community. smile_o.gif

I hope that firstly, that you all become very healthy, wealthy and wise, for the fruits born of your labour have been well earnt, and secondly, that this kind of relationship between the gaming community and the developers becomes the norm, not the exception.

Once again, thank you to all at BIS. May you continue your ability to astound me no end.

Upmost regards and respect,

Ozanzac.

Ok i was having a fine time with 1.94 but then suddenly one awful day (actually yesterday) it gave me that error which others had a few pages back .. Cannot memoery vertex something ... Outof memory?

Even though i had only my addons folders at 600MB wuite nominal considering i had 1.5 GB before and it didnt happen... and when this happens the splash screen at BIS studios goes very slow and then at the OFP CWC the screen crashes to Desktop and the error is displayed ...

But now after a few hours of leaving OFP alone it suddenly started playing fine again on 1.94 .. rock.gif

Why does OFP gives this error sometimes ? Is it a loading addons error ?

Please, stop discussing Creative sound cards in this topic. This topic is about 1.94 version.

But this problem occured with 1.94 sad_o.gif I'll try to find other drivers..

I still get crashes with the nam pack, I have sent a crash report to BIS.

RED

biggrin_o.gif it's great to be a Ofp gamer,thanks Bis i don't care how long it takes to develope Ofp2 as long as it's coming smile_o.gif

With this patch i think i can easily play to 2005 maybe even longer.....

Got over 3gigabytes of addons and games are running perfect!

WW2 stuff 500mb,Res 500mb,Ofp 480mb,Modern mod folder

1gb and fdf mod 400mb on Xp1800,512mb ram,200gb hdd,Gf4 4200 64mb,win98Se

Love you...!

When will stable version be released?

Before that, I have a proposition.

Let's think of following situations. You lock an enemy tank and fired an anti-tank missile. When "Fired" event handler is activated, I want save information about target tank into, let's say, "_objectTarget". Then you can chase it in scripts. You can measure distance between the target and the missile which you have fired. If you could know it, you would be able to change missile path as you like, for example howitzer. tounge_o.gif

When will stable version be released?

1.94 is very good, the Hotfixed server hasnt crashed on either of my 2 servers for 2 weeks.

I'd say its stable.

Before that, I have a proposition.

Let's think of following situations. You lock an enemy tank and fired an anti-tank missile. When "Fired" event handler is activated, I want save information about target tank into, let's say, "_objectTarget". Then you can chase it in scripts. You can measure distance between the target and the missile which you have fired. If you could know it, you would be able to change missile path as you like, for example howitzer. tounge_o.gif

No new features will be added, we are lucky enough that BIS chose to produce another 'final' patch.

Edit: You could do something like this now, get the direction of the shooter and find the nearest object in the direction he is facing.

RED