Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 10 2002,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sadico, you hear that? Its a brand spanking new GeForce 4 calling your name. Heed the call...  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol. IMO the GF4 is overrated. Get a GF3, and I'm not talking about the Titanium series, but the original one, with the good components smile.gif

bleh. I'm going home to play Resistance. Won't get any work done anyway. Stupid (robot) control system refuses to work. Stupid me hangs around in forum instead of working. Result: Waste of time. I could be home playing Resistance. I havn't tried the campaign yet, so off I go wink.gif

denoir, I'm surprised you didn't edit the picture out of Sadico's post -- I thought you don't want images over 100KB? smile.gif

It's less than 100k. The original image was over 100k, so i resized it to 800x600 and uploaded it to imgstudio.

If LO-MAC is anything like IL-2 I'm definitely buying...IL-2 has me hooked like a hard drug smile.gif (havent been able to get Resistance yet sad.gif )

il2mfw2.jpg

Impact.jpg

time_leave.jpg

fan3.JPG

upclose.jpg

yea IL-2 is amazing.I tryed the demo, and i was hooked.Amazing graphics, detail, damage etc.shock.gif

I believe my words were: "Check out Il2, because it will hook you like a hard drug." biggrin.gif

me wants...me wants...me want IL...me wants IL-2. biggrin.gif

Must have...must have IL-2. wink.gif

*snaps out of dream* I must get to Best Buy and buy IL-2!Its driving me crazy! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 14 2002,01:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe my words were: "Check out Il2, because it will hook you like a hard drug."  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol Damn you Tex, you helped turn me into a junkie! mad.gif

Thanks!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

lol, no problem. I get a cut from UbiSoft for pimping their products- at least I did until I found OFP. They said, "No Ghost Recon, no cash" they said- I said... "ok." and went to download the 1.42 patch smile.gif

I dunno, I was never too impressed with IL2. Sure the game engine and everything was superb, still - call me old fashioned - but I need a decent single player campaign to appriciate a game. IL2's dynamic thingie is worthless IMO.

Yeah I got bored with it rather quickly, shame cos what I played I enjoyed smile.gif

Good point Denoir, But the AI is by far the most decent ive seen in a WWII sim, the damage models are unbelievably detailed, and it's AMAZING in multiplayer. I remember my first online kill in a full realism server (with padlock enabled) after being ace fodder for a couple of nights smile.gif.

I was flying my La-5FN high over enemy territory, inverted, looking  at the ground for any sign of enemy AC. I saw a small dot starting to climb towards me, and I dove at him. We passed each other in a heads on and I saw crosses on the wings. I banked and turned hard to one side, nearly blacking out from the G's at that speed, and managed to get relatively behind him and padlock. Now I saw it was a bf-109. We danced all the way from 2000+ meters to tree level over a town. The guy knew how to handle his plane at low speed better than I did mine, so he managed to avoid me getting the killshot for a few minutes, but finally, as he straightened to climb over some buildings, I centered my gunsight on him and my twin nose-mounted 20mm's chewed his tailsection right off. I saw his canopy pop off, but as we were under 50 meters, he crashed before having a chance to bail. Beautiful biggrin.gif

Now im not affraid of head ons now in IL-2.In CFS2 i had to very very carefull, to avoid head ons.But now, i have no fear.And i know if we hit, i still might have a chance. smile.gif

Hey Tovarisch, do you use Hyperlobby to connect to Il2 games? If so, whats yer handle?

I have been playing the old total air war for some time now and finally a sim that can take over.

Though i doubt it will have the "war room" that TAW came with (War can quickly turn here)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 14 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Tovarisch, do you use Hyperlobby to connect to Il2 games? If so, whats yer handle?<span id='postcolor'>

Believe it or not someone took Tovarish on HL, so I fly as "Kubinitz". Unfortunately, due to the fact that I need to use my landlady's phone line to get on the net at home, and since she's not too impressed with me at the moment for knocking over a potted plant of hers a couple of days ago, I don't play online that often, and when I do it's usually after 11pm EST

lol Tex. She has a lot of stress in her life right now, specifically since her ex-husband is accusing her of child abuse and she's on trial for the allegations (which I'm positive are 100% BS, I've lived with her for a year) and trying to get her kids back eventually. Stuff like the plant just acts like the last straw in the camel's back, and I'm just trying to avoid any aggravation to her.

Hey...can anyone out there that plays Il-2 point me to where I might get the demo, OTHER than Fileplanet?

I'd look, but I'm at work now so I am feeling lazy...and I figure there will be an answer by the time I get home.

smile.gif

i'v got il-2 but no joystick (broken). Now, this is a very sirious situation, since il-2 is very hard for keybord players (but it works). I'v got to buy me a new one, any suggestions?