Sign in to follow this  
Dauragon

What the hell is wrong with my keyboard

hey,  i know this sounds a little too offtopic but while i was playing ofp i wanted to delete a whole group in ofp mission editor, so i pressed the shift key and suddenly the shift key makes all my media players start and does not function as shift anymore, both shift keys, has this anything to do with a virus , how do i fix it , argghhh

and it also makes a weird computer noise when i press shift

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Either you've got fat fingers and are mashing too many keys at once, or you've got a virus.

Does shift work outside OFP?

Does it start Media Player when you press shift outside OFP?

Does it make the Internal speaker beep when you press it?

Judging by your post, being reluctant to use capital letters, you probably have a virus my freind.

Good luck nuke'n the bastard.

Either you've got fat fingers and are mashing too many keys at once, or you've got a virus.

Does shift work outside OFP?

Does it start Media Player when you press shift outside OFP?

Does it make the Internal speaker beep when you press it?

Judging by your post, being reluctant to use capital letters, you probably have a virus my freind.

Good luck nuke'n the bastard.

shift even outside ofp starts all my players and makes weird noise

it also types weird text like hfqas at once in a msn chat window

mad_o.gif

I had some thing like this before. Although not near as weird as your problem. My keyboard sometimes decides that I am pressing say the "A" key whilst in game. And thus my character is strafing around the place, it never happens whilst I am typing or performing other tasks though.... And how I fix it: I plug the keyboard in and out smile_o.gif

Also my keyboard gets dirty very easily, is it a virus? tounge_o.gif

Sounds like a stuck-key to me smile_o.gif

Have you tried what Goob did?

Un-plug and plug in again your keyboard...

Sounds like a stuck-key to me smile_o.gif

Have you tried what Goob did?

Un-plug and plug in again your keyboard...

yep just tried it still the same crazy_o.gif or it could be the coca cola i dropped on it yesterday , but its weird it only happend today crazy_o.gif

Could probably be that... Try removing all the keys and drying all the coca-cola off. I spilled some water on my old keyboard and funnily enough all I had to do to make it working again was just wiping away the water with a dry cloth. And with coke that can become even worse. As it keeps "wet" for quite a while. But that can't really be the problem here... Unless you have some hotkey on your keyboard that is supposed to bring up your media player.

It's still weird that one key would activate all of your media players, even if it is stuck down...unless you've got some kind of universal shortcut ket set up. rock.gif

It's still weird that one key would activate all of your media players, even if it is stuck down...unless you've got some kind of universal shortcut ket set up.  rock.gif

nop not hotkey at all for media players, it starts winamp, windows media player, real one player and quicktime rock.gif

I think its sticky keys or filter keys. just change te setting to a thing you don't use much like `

The coca cola will have dried out and left the sticky syrup behind. Take your keypad apart (be careful to keep the keypad part upside down incase all the keys fall out!!. The wipe over the plastic sheet with mildly soapy water and drie it off properly...

If liquid has gotten between the plastic sheets it might of shorted some keys, take the sheets apart and clean gently with soapy water and dry again!...

You can repair keypad plastic sheets with 'rear windscreen heater repair paint' if any of the traces have been washed out by the cola. Just don't put too much paint on, so it's not 'proud/lumpy'...

Or buy a new keypad tounge_o.gif ...

Side note:

Ive heard that unpluging a Ps2 keyboard while you system is running may dammage the keyboard or Ports.So be carefull please,Anyways,If you think its a virus I would go and find something that has some virus softwar bundled with something.Unless you want to just the virus software.

I know I split some tea on a keyboard of mine and it worked fine untill it dryed.