Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

Thru' is a one man team when it comes to the UWAR project production as far as i know...

once The Unsung has stuff to offer to his project (to repay him for graciously giving us his hard made vegetation for our island) we certainly will.  

We have new soldiers, tanks, bunkers, huts, weapons, and an island in the works, as soon as things are ready for use they will be presented to Thru' to choose if he wants to use them.

So that will probably be on his second release in the distant future.  We may have stuff ready for his first release tho too, we do have some nice new huts in the works that are in beta stage, as well as bunkers for use in US firebases.

smile_o.gif

Hi there,

Any news on the next version ThruYerSterum? I've just had a 2-day fix on v1.01 while my Xmas present KotOR gathers dust  biggrin_o.gif

Cheers!

I just forgot to ask: Any website to this project?

If I have missed it then im blind.

Keep up the good work m8s biggrin_o.gif

Wonderful screens. But I thought the island was to be relased on november the 30th. Now it's january, and not any news. Hows i going on with the island, when will it be released?

Thru's gone for holdiays.

It should be released in the next few weeks i would assume (check his past posts... january something wasnt it to be?),

we at The Unsung now have more vegetation to offer Thruyersternum to put into his project as well.

He told me he would be gone till into January. Patience is a virtue lads. smile_o.gif

cant wait the island looks ace, it will be something really special with the new sebnam stuff when thats done...

any more info on the random stuff? that sounds really promising!

Since Thru hasnt been around in a while, and I talk to him often, I guess I will enlighten you all to the situation,

theres far to go, maybe not far, but more...

and he said he wont play any other FPS 's other than his own "Unscripted War: Vietnam" untill its done!

So hes hunkering down to finish this bitch, and no i dont really know whats new, he still hasnt updated my pack, so im with yall on the wondering, tho i did see a pic of new leave textures which was nice.

I also gave him The Unsung's sky addon V.2 to possibly release with his project when hes ready.

I'll squeeze him for more pics in the next few days maybe to keep yall interested... gotta love the nam shit!  biggrin_o.gif

Unscripted War II biggrin_o.gif . Sounds like a good way to spend 8 hours tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .

ok. I have a spiffy new demo packed up for all those who want the objects in the screens, It's not going out to public download, but you could use AIM or MSN to get it from me, just ask 'ThruYerStErNuM'. (i have limitless bandwidth at uci)

These screens taken from the demo island:

uwar_v11.jpg

With brightness at 1.8, gamma at 1.0, contrast way up, this started to look very, very nice.

uwar_v12.jpg

this one i did some contrast editing on

uwar_v13.jpg

My plans were probably way way too ambitious - so I have no idea when I will get this done - maybe I'll start cutting off mission ideas, hopefully by the end of the month you'll see some great unscripted vietnam gameplay.

I was having touble trimming island size before 1.95 came out - now I can go back to the more detailed island I wanted with the game now being capable of handling larger islands much better.

I could take a break from this and quick make tonal unscripted war, world war 2 unscripted war on all the existing islands (yes there would be tank battles), but addons seem more popular than missions, so should I just focus more on working to get this island done?

yeah, you've done lots of work on it so get it done now and then start on something else.

Looking good BTW

Hey Thru - fantastic work.

I agree with esai01 - best to carry on with the Vietnam UW first. Also, releasing it with a new island would get more people to try UW out I think.

Cheers,

Cornhelium