Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

The m2/m3 bradley

With the slew of tank, helicopter new/retextured addons, I've yet to see but 1 or 2 attempts to improve the M2A2 addon.  I've seen 1 desert version, but, it's desert camo scheme does not fit with any other desert addon available.  There is also an M6 variant, but i'm afraid that is all I've seen.

I'd like to see a true accurate desert variant, but I think everyone is too chopper and WWII crazy.  Is there no one up to the task of creating/improving the Bradley?

Here is what i'd like to see!

m2a3_bradley.jpg

Bradley Specs (PDF Document)

yah i would like to see the m2a2 ods-e its the bradley that combat engineers use now its great

The BAS desert addon pack will contain M2, M3 and M6 variants of the Bradley, and you can rest assured that they will be high quality. They are also doing a woodland camo version of all the vehicles in that pack a little while afterwards.

LOL

You could have chosen a desert camoed Bradley in a desert environment for the picture  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

What difference does it make? crazy_o.gif

I think that the Bradley could do with some tweaking but i'll wait for the BAS release as that will undoubtedly be very realistic yet also fun to play in game.

Yeah, what does it matter where the pic is taken? The picture is just of a desert Bradley.  Most of them where painted here in the states anyways.  I just found a clear pic.  Would it matter if it was in Iraq or my front yard?  

Anyways I'll try harder next time.  I was unaware that the BAS addon would include M2's in it, since none of the posts or pics I found included them.  I did search this board and OFPEC's and returned no hits for a current project either. Thanks Munger for the info.

Would it matter if it was in Iraq or my front yard?  

LOL, it'd be sweet seein one of these in a front yard in a residential neighboorhood.....

but yea, a beter bradley would definitely be a very useful vehicle, because mainly, ofp plays better with small battles, where tanks aren't really necessary, but IFV better suit the combat and gameplay in ofp better than most addons created now adays IMO

ive really wanted a desert bradley for along time, the ones that are out do not really have good camo/textures

looks great, you gonna release that?

any plans of doing desert textures?

Ok, you wanted a Bradley in the desert, here ya go!

Bradley in Iraq

M2Bradley.jpg

3rd Battalion 7th Infantry Bradley, southern Iraq

3rdBatt7thInfBradleyS_Iraq04042003.jpg

US Bradley and burning Iraqi APC

BurningIraqiAPC_USBradley3batt7inf_reg.jpg

Look at that! There's actually trees in the desert!

We have a lot of cool AddOn for OPFP, some look great and also work great, lot's of helicopters, aircrafts, infantry units, some good tanks from Sigma6.

But we don't have a useable and somewhat realistic represented Bradley.

The Bis Model looks somewhat crappy the CPP is worth a shit.

Is it really impossible to make up a real M2A2 model with a decent config.cpp?

I'm not talking about fanncy stuff like a moving rear ramp.

Just a good model representing the real thing and a cpp that at least gives it a real performance!

Just like two ammo types for the Bushmaster, a real m240c as coax and a TOW that actually can destroy a tank.

Some real optics would be nice, for now I'm under the impression nearly every tank is using the same optics.

Hey talking about optics, is it too hard to add a coax mark in the current ones?

Second to that a decent M1A1 and or M1A2 with a good config would be highly welcome.

S!

But we don't have a useable and somewhat realistic represented Bradley.

The Bis Model looks somewhat crappy the CPP is worth a shit.

Is it really impossible to make up a real M2A2 model with a decent config.cpp?

I'm not talking about fanncy stuff like a moving rear ramp.

Just a good model representing the real thing and a cpp that at least gives it a real performance!

Just like two ammo types for the Bushmaster, a real m240c as coax and a TOW that actually can destroy a tank.

Some real optics would be nice, for now I'm under the impression nearly every tank is using the same optics.

Hey talking about optics, is it too hard to add a coax mark in the current ones?

Second to that a decent M1A1 and or M1A2 with a good config would be highly welcome.

S!

So basically everything you'll get in the BAS Vehicles pack then wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@DeadMeatXM2:

That's advertisment or a promise?

If so looking forward to this, although at the moment I'm busy with Naguls Tonal and Opfor pack. Great work by the way.

S!

@DeadMeatXM2:

That's advertisment or a promise?

If so looking forward to this, although at the moment I'm busy with Naguls Tonal and Opfor pack. Great work by the way.

S!

Thats a promise smile_o.gif

Rough idea when this BAS tank pack will be released? ie soon, next Eon? next year? Any features planned?

I'd welcome any armored addon effort by BAS, but I am perfectly content with my Real MBT pack and Real IFV pack.  Both have east and west side armor and quite realistic in engagement in a OFP mission.

The M1's can take a lot more abuse with the ones in the REAL MBT pack, but are prone to being damaged easy by air launched AT missiles, like in real life.  In the Real MBT pack, a player or scripted action could get the AI to fire tube guided ATGM's from the T80's barrel.

If you are looking for a really good realistic tank addon pack, get the Real MBT pack and the Real IFV pack.  OFP can't properly deal with engagement range effectiveness with Sabot rounds.  However, this addon adds a manner of realism in tank operations, especially if you fight the enemy at distances greater than 2000 meters.

Look for it in the addons section of www.opflashpoint.org

Rough idea when this BAS tank pack will be released? ie soon, next Eon? next year? Any features planned?

No, so no and no, and yes plenty smile_o.gif

i can't wait for this pack, what i want even more is the woodland/desert cammo that you said you lot might be doing smile_o.gif

How about adding the Desert Pack to your progress chart on the webpage so we can get an idea of the completion status.

i want to see a version where the tow acully goes up and down the way it is supposed too because you cant fire a tow while moving fast

also there should be gear all around the vehicale like in r/l

and the new A3 models have a 48power zoom it kicks ass

Guest DKM-jaguar

This isnt ofp's most ignored addon, there's already one made of it.

There are plenty more.. like a BTR-60K

One feature, more like necessity, I would like for any next generation OFP TOW is that it actually be wire guided, like the OFrP Eryx, which is an excellent AT weapon addon smile_o.gif

LOL

You could have chosen a desert camoed Bradley in a desert environment for the picture  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

What difference does it make?  crazy_o.gif

I think that the Bradley could do with some tweaking but i'll wait for the BAS release as that will undoubtedly be very realistic yet also fun to play in game.

Well, I think that it will show how it will look when we get the BAS desert pack since almost all missions are in woodland.