Sign in to follow this  
Homer Johnston

Nogova... virus

Aah, that explanes it. I made that last night and I couldnt figure out why it wasnt working. We have a working version right now it seems and it will be on the radishville server again when it is done.

I just updated my JAM version of it, hopefully this one will run on our linux server, and I added three new difficulties: Normal Night, Hard Night, and Very Hard Night! Spooky-ness!

The link for 1.1 is now on the first page

It will be available at midnight, I guess... first come first serve until the 1GB is up! crazy_o.gif

I'm going to remove my forum sigs from that account... might get a couple more DL's out before it caps or something rock.gif

smile_o.gif -HoJo

To be honest, I hadn't given thought about saving.... I designed the mission entirely with MP in mind, unfortunately.

If you can provide any details about what/how it screws up, however, I will do my best to prevent it in my next mission (sorry, not planning to enhance this one more... however if anyone wants to depbo it, the code is free game... it's also very messy...lol).

thanks for the pics ;)

Unfortunately I have no control over what version the servers run... but I'm going to rename the working one to 1.1B right now. Next time I see Max I will ask him if he has distributed anything besides his initial changed one yet.

If you want to know whether or not this is the fixed version, however, play it in SP, or be the host server (be a non-dedicated). If it is the non-fixed version you should see oilloads of errors along the top of the screen... also, the mission might work if you use exactly 4 players (that's pure speculation) because of the nature of the error.

please note that I have no idea if Max distributed the fixed 1.1... If he hasn't, then the working version will be named 1.1B when it is distributed

Sorry... Hang in there...  crazy_o.gif

IF YOU PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED NogovaVirus1.1.Noe.pbo -->FROM THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD<-- please rename the file to NogovaVirus1_1B.Noe.pbo

Thanks

No problem but it messed up right in the end crazy_o.gif

I was about to be evac'ed and then i saved it and left the game and when i again tried to load it it wont load instead ofp just cuts back to the desktop mad_o.gif

By the way are women designed to chase faster then men tounge_o.gif

See the pics for what i man that women was a good 70m away when i took the screeni and in a flash she was upon me like a hawk.

Next time I see Max I will ask him if he has distributed anything besides his initial changed one yet.

Nope, I put 1.1 on radishville last night to see if I got it fixed. It didnt work for me so I think hudson removed it. But 1.1b should be on the server now. wink_o.gif

Its a weak stab, but I signed up another Angelfire account just for the hell of it. Check first post for link.

Maybe it can be updated to include the excellent animated dog addon, which is also infected with the virus?

hey guys, record breaking case of writers block going on sad_o.gif

I don't personally plan on updating Nogova Virus, to be blunt... but sometime soon (at any rate, winter's coming... I hate winter) I plan on sitting down and cranking out something  ghostface.gif

Good idea with the dog ;) might help alleviate some writer's block as well  crazy_o.gif

Thanks for letting me know there is still demand for this sorta thing too... every little chunk of motivation can help ;)

If you can up the number of zombies and have them roam the island, you will be a God! There is a demand for zombies (check out the number of zombie movies released in the past year: house of the dead, 28 days later, resident evil...) and I bet loads of people would want to play a good mission.

A single-player Dawn of the dead type mission (with choppers & soldiers) would be extremely popular, I would say.

Regards,

Tracy.

If the mapmaker will allow it I'll publish a link to the file with the zombies replaced by Dogs ;)

I don't mind. Karrillion?

Heh, I don't care.  Might be cool to not make them all dogs.  This is possible in my script.  There's an array in the script that has the different model types.  Just add the dog in there and it should cycle thru them.  If you want more than one dog to spawn, then put the dog in there a couple of times.

In the Zombies.sqs script the array is listed at the top like so:

Quote[/b] ]

ZombieTypes = ["Civilian","Civilian2","Civilian3","Civilian4",&q

uot;Civilian5","Woman1","Woman2","Woman3","Woman4&

quot;,"Woman5","Civilian6","Civilian7"]

Make it look like this:

Quote[/b] ]

ZombieTypes = ["Civilian","Civilian2","DogType","Civilian3",&quo

t;Civilian4","Civilian5","Woman1","Woman2","Woman3

","DogType","Woman4","Woman5","Civilian6",&qu

ot;Civilian7"]

I suppose I really should work on that 3rd installation of the series...

AHHH!!! THIS FREAKING ubb code isn't working right!!

Whoa... Laggy. tounge_o.gif I bet it's that fog created with the drop command or some loop which has no delay.  crazy_o.gif Maybe make the fog selectable?

The second mission requires some SEB addons and BAS weapons. It's ok but you could state the exact addons needed. ;)

Hawkins

EDIT: And I got an error every time I shot a zombie: side _dude == resistance: generic error

It was something like that. Might be due to the lag or me playing it with FDF mod. :P

Hey KaRRiLLioN why dont you make a example mission of your dynamic zombies? just the raw scripts and triggers in a mission you need to make them work? So people can use this example mission a refrence for there own zombie missions instead of digging out all the scripts and triggers they need for zombies from your other missions?

Yep, once I get a little bit of free time.

There's just 3 core scripts for making dynamic zombies spawn and making the players holler when attacked in the mission.

I have a few global variables that determine the number of zombies that spawn, etc.

I'll try to come up with a simple sample mission soon.