Sign in to follow this  
Homer Johnston

Nogova... virus

Hey! Lol on that score chart theres "MurphyMan[sES]" you play with him often? He's my older brother.

He is in my Clan ...

Dammit. Can't get any of the links to work. And as y'all know, I just love zombie games lol

Can anyone put the file up on a rather longer lasting server (ie: not Angelfire or Geocities) for download!!!!

I really want to play this map.

BTW: Hope that the soldiers open fire on the zombies in this version. In the previous version, AI soldiers wouldn't fire at the zombies and my team would be overrun sad_o.gif

Thank you.

Tracy

Check Karrilion's pack on page 3. Contains his modified ( version of Nogova Virus and his own 'sequel' smile_o.gif

P.S. what version did they not open fire?... all that I know possible has been done to make them fire at the zombies, but OFP's AI is.. well... not really intelligent sometimes crazy_o.gif

Hi

just played the map. AI soldiers only open fire on the zombies after they get bit, and not before!!

Bit poor having to wait for them to be attacked.

Gotta say though, I LOVE being attacked by hundreds of zombies! It is fantastic!

If you can get the AI to shoot the zombies as soon as spotted, then I reckon this map will rock!

From what I've seen, they do fire on the zombies normally. In fact when I first tested in SP mode, and the AI had grenades, I'd usually end up dead from about 50 'nades hitting me as those idiot AI's threw them at everything.

The most fun for this comes with playing in MP with just 3-4 people. It is fun with more, but only because you get to watch the others become cannon fodder.

I'm tweaking the versions I have now to make the killed players respawn as zombies so they can still have fun chasing their former teammates. :P

Yeah, your comrades reviving after death would be brilliant!

What about having those soldiers that are bit but not dead, slowly waste away with the disease? Or would that make the game too difficult?

It would be great having some former multiplayer allies chase you as a zombie!! They could have some markers telling them where the nearest humans are... smile_o.gif

Any chance of having some roadblocks manned by the army/ and or police? lol

It would be fantastic to have zombies chasing you on one side, and the army shooting at you on the other!!

Regards,

Tracy

How about players who get respawned as zombies have to kill a certain ammount of humans to respawn once again as a human player? Then it gives the zombie players a bit more of a motive to go eat there former team mates wink_o.gif

I'm actually working on a zombie map of my own. Watch this space lol

I've taken music & sound samples from various well known zombie movies and created some familiar environments.

* Zombie flesh eaters (intro music)

* Return of the living dead (eyes without a face, surfing dead, tonight)

* Day of the dead (intro music.)

* Various chomping noises & gore sounds - distant wails etc.

Storyline:

At the moment, you start off in a fenced off base (a la Day of the dead) in the Nogova desert (south of the airport) surrounded by zombies. Note: the base is a bit weak at the moment, maybe someone would care to tart it up later.

You have a chopper (Martin's BELL 206B Jet Ranger addon) at your disposal to scout the cities for survivors. If there are any..

What will be different in my map, from Nogova virus, is that the zombies won't "pop-up" in the distance (which was annoying) and will gather en masse to attack the player at selected points.

Large groups (up to 50 at the moment) are created at "spawn points" (getmarkerpos <marker in the treelines> close to the soldiers. You'll hear 'em before you see 'em!

karrillion lowered the spawn distances in his mission; in the original, they spawned outside the visible area tounge_o.gif

good luck with your mission!

Writing the spawning's the easy part lol

The difficult part is creating the story and making sure the player doesn't use the chopper all the time; I think I'll have to make the chopper run low on fuel or something, and make the humans go on foot....

Also considering using a larger island; Nogova's pretty small.

hmm; could be interesting!!!

Im going to start a new Zombie mission soon as Karrillion makes his example mission,my zombie spawn in Skye Virus is Pretty shit and laggy.

I might make a very Story driven proplem solving mission.think resident evil. wink_o.gif (just not as boring)

Just like to say, to Karillion... I love this mission mate. I played this mission on TJ BAS server, everyone loves it there. Cant wait for the third one so i could ask them to upload the third one to that server thanks.

Thanks, but I just hijacked someone else's mission, made some changes, and then made a sequel for it. D.murphy man is the originator of the OFP "Evil Dead" zombie, and Homer Johnston took it along a linear route. Thank them for bringing this alternate OFP universe to life.

Right now I'm working on the third chapter, and trying to do a small tutorial for how to work it.

The Dogs look pretty cool in it thus far. It's kind of scary seeing a non-humanoid rush at you from out of the darkness. Perfecting the cut scenes is what seems to take the longest time. I'd like it to be more cinematic, whereas most people just want to hop in and blow stuff up.

Anyway, I hope to have something soon.

It's kind of scary seeing a non-humanoid rush at you from out of the darkness.  

So true. For example I could complete a mission in MoH easily but in levels where there was attack dogs it took me forever because I was afraid of getting eaten. Same with the game Tresspasser. I couldn't play the game without putting the freeze cheat because the dinosaurs would start to eat you. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Sorry for going offtopic ghostface.gif

I'm still working on my day of the dead title.... no zombie dogs there.. lol. Only problem is getting the time (I work as a software engineer during the day, so at night I can't be arsed programming any more)

I am sorry to say this map will require a lot of addons...  

I am using 3rd party addons to capture the look and feel of a raft of classic zombie movies: soldiers in NBC suits, 80's cars and Martin's Bell 306 chopper.

I've also taken a lot of music and sound samples directly from various horror movies (see previous post) - you WILL be scared!!

If anyone wants the sound samples or music for their own missions (which I expect will be closer to completion than mine) I will be very happy to provide them.

EDIT: Does anyone know if a human skeleton addon exists? If so can you point me to it.

Regards,

Tracy

Hello again

Just a small update:

The zombie map is pretty much complete, and looks better than I thought it would. If anyone wants to host the pre BETA version, to let the OFP community see what the map is like, then PM me.

If anyone wants to use the map as a template for their own zombie missions, I am prepared to hand it over (as long as credit is given to me :-))

At the moment I have up to 20 groups with 11 zombies each on screen at once, and it's smooth, albeit with a Radeon 9700 Pro + XP 2600+ with 1GB RAM :-)

I am willing to submit the group code to anyone who wants it.

Tracy

Thanks Karillion, anyways, could you also make another version that does not need the dog addon? if possible. I can convince my mates back in the server to dl dog addon though hehe.

We've been testing out the 3rd Nogova virus on my server. It still needs some tweaking since the mission is over too quickly. Mainly I just wanted to test out some new features. The dog is pretty cool. I also have some other interesting effects in the mission.

Hopefully we'll have a version to post soon.

I am so bloody close to finishing my map it's unreal!

I got the sounds, the graphics, everything... but my damn WEST soldiers won't shoot the civilian zombies!!

Karillion, can you help me out here? I've looked at your code and created EAST groups like you did (e.g. ZGroupA, B etc) yet when my zombies join them, they aren't shot at by the west troops.

How did you do it? <bangs head> <and again> <and again>

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks to Karillion, I can now complete my mission...

All I need to do is insert

this AddRating -10000 for each zombie and all is GO!

Result page for the download link:

Quote[/b] ]We sent this page to NASA for testing.

Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL.

Let me know when the page is back from NASA tounge_o.gif

Angelfire gave the original mission links the boot tounge_o.gif

I've replaced the link for my original mission with Karrillion's 12 player, 2-mission version... check page 1

Hi all.

Just to keep you up to date:

No problems with creating zombies now: in fact IMHO zombies are far more numerous and aggressive than in the Skye/Nogova virus maps.

Music is added - very 80's and very scary!

Sound FX - 90% done (everyone says 90%, lol); I just can't get zombie moaning sounds that don't have music in the background!

TODO:

Set pieces (scripted zombie attacks)

Objectives (no, the story is complete, but the actual objective text needs to be defined.)

Intro (anyone willing to help with this?)

I am willing to hand over my config.cpp source code (thats all ya need, oh and a copy of MakePbo/StuffPbo) to anyone who wants zombies for their own maps.

Regards,

Tracy