Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Halo

I am glad to hear Gearbox is doing the conversion. They made the wonderful campaigns Opposing Force and Blue Shift for Half-Life. They tweaked the game very well, adding new weapons, new maps, and updated the graphics. They doubled the polygon count on the models and animations. Very nice work.

Don't forget how they completely messed up Nightfire either crazy_o.gif

lol I thought I was the only guy to play Perfect Dark and Goldeneye! Multiplayer on that is memorable..

Anyway, I had my first HALO experience this past weekend. I'm sorry, but it just didn't do it for me like Perfect Dark. I beat the guy who had been playing it about 5 months longer than me after a few rounds of Slayer, but it just felt like dumb luck. It seemed like every confrontation was a point-blank shootout and whoever ran out of shield first died. I did get a couple of class kills with the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle, but other than that it was a big pistol shootout in Blood Gulch until 3:30 in the morning, running on nothing but some McD's combos. I would have liked it so much more if I could play one-shot kills (the only way I play the RareWare shooters) or if me and my two friends could have gone team-hunting a clan of AI (like Perfect Dark). I wasn't overly impressed with any aspect of the game (most of the time I was getting my ass handed to me), and I also had trouble with the football-like controller. It sucks reloading when you're trying to pistol-whip somebody. Next time I go up to the lake, I'm dusting off my -64 and beating some ass in the Complex with Joanna Dark (or maybe Elvis...) blues.gif

-The xbox has an adapter like the dreamcast for use  on a  monitor even though it will look good on a big tv s creen.

?ok and?

Quote[/b] ]-nothing wrong with gamepads.

Yup.. and? The point was that trying to play game, made to be played with gamepad, with a mouse/keyboard is usually quite crap.

Quote[/b] ]- haven`t played halo much to decide  on this

Im talking about console->pc conversions in general, not just halo

Quote[/b] ]-OFP only  has one save a mission  rock.gif

Yup

Quote[/b] ]-other idiotisms (omg rofl rofl pc game press install to  install game rofl rofl)

Huh? Again, my point was, that my keyboard, nor my mouse, or either joyticks have a "start" button on them, yet many console-to-pc converted games still tell me to press start to begin the game or something similar. Then the manual says that pressing the ctrl-Q button is an "emulation" of the start button, duh. why couldnt they just change the text.

Well, I just purchased Halo for the PC... and I gotta say I been playing it for a few hours now.

I don't know why people say "it lags, it's slow, blahh blahh"

They must have started some boycott or something because the game runs fine. Sure there is slowdown sometimes, but not so that it makes the game unplayable. Not as bad as Star Wars Galaxies...lemme just put it that way crazy_o.gif

I'm also starting a Roughneck squad www.roughnecks.org for Halo (dont know when it will be setup) so if anybody owns Halo and wats to start a squad lemme know smile_o.gif

It's a very fun game if you wanna just get into a game world and shoot the crap out of stuff smile_o.gif

I've had it for PC for a while now, it's really fun. IMO Banshees should be in Blood Gulch again as a standard. (They are just so fun to take down! Especially with a flame thrower! biggrin_o.gif ) Blood Gulch is definately my favorite map on this, and Death Island with all the vehicles is fun too.

If enough forum members have the game, I say we all hook up some time on here and shoot the crap out of each other on a server biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't know why people say "it lags, it's slow, blahh blahh"

They must have started some boycott or something because the game runs fine

Sais he who was able to record 200 choppers in FRAPS wink_o.gif

The game is pretty ugly and it lags like hell for me. crazy_o.gif And they had this long to convert it?

well the lag issus is easy to fix, all u need to do is to force using shader 1.1(by command prompt "-use11", halo will lag almost any computer with shader 2.0)

i just hate ppl yelling without looking the readme for answer crazy_o.gif

well the lag issus is easy to fix, all u need to do is to force using shader 1.1(by command prompt "-use11", halo will lag almost any computer with shader 2.0)

Really? I don't think it even runs it on that, I think my Radeon 8500 only has 1.1?

Really? I don't think it even runs it on that, I think my Radeon 8500 only has 1.1?

8500 has support for PS 1.4.

I have been playing Halo PC for quite some time now. I play it when I want to relax and don't want to think too much biggrin_o.gif I just turn on some music and find myself a blood gulch CTF server and kick some ass smile_o.gif The pistol is the best weapon in the game, 2-3 hits to the head its all it takes and it can be used as a sniper rifle.

I have Halo for PC too, everything is great about it except it doesnt support Antialiasing. (Wtf where they thinking?!) Not that it matters though because the game would lag horribly if it had any AA or AS on with a resolution higher than 800x600.

I would have to say Halo has the best texture work ever made for a videogame.

Well, I just purchased Halo for the PC... and I gotta say I been playing it for a few hours now.

I don't know why people say "it lags, it's slow, blahh blahh"

They must have started some boycott or something because the game runs fine.  Sure there is slowdown sometimes, but not so that it makes the game unplayable.  Not as bad as Star Wars Galaxies...lemme just put it that way crazy_o.gif

I'm also starting a Roughneck squad www.roughnecks.org for Halo (dont know when it will be setup) so if anybody owns Halo and wats to start a squad lemme know smile_o.gif

Whoa, thread necromancy.

I have Halo for PC too, everything is great about it except it doesnt support Antialiasing.

Dont forget those corpse humpers. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have Halo for PC too, everything is great about it except it doesnt support Antialiasing.

Dont forget those corpse humpers. wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Hahah, like you, once you were doing that and a warthog fell on your head. biggrin_o.gif

Well, I just love the PC... because now, MP can be 1 big screen per user. I mean, I remember the times when I was a kid and was playing with a friend on NES, and we both had to stare at the same TV screen, and there was lack of flexibility...

And along came splitscreen, and Goldeneye was golden indeed! Although I never had a N64, a friend of mine had, and we played it a lot, and it was cool!!

And then came Perfect Dark, and for a console game, things started to get a little too complicated and "invisible". Because unless you had a huge TV screen (or better yet, a projector (beamer), a means of viewing console games which I don't know if it's that good on the display hardware), it started to get easier to get confused. More than that, since there is only one display area split into two screens (or four), the suprise element is completely gone, as you can look through your enemies' eyes. Ok now they hooked up consoles to the internet, but damn... for pure, fulfilling MP fun with accessible even if complex controls, nothing beats the PC (heck, if you want to, you can connect a game pad to it, dammit!!! But I only have a joystick and a steerin' wheel)!!!

On the issue of Halo, I played the PC Demo of it, and I had played the PC demo of BREED. Now BREED in concept has some truly limitless capabilities which I think weren't ever all ironed out... the MP doesn't work, and that was a damn shame... 'Cos ever since Activision's Battlezone came out, I enjoyed large battlefields, and BREED promised limit-less battlefields, with access not only to much of Planet Earth but space itself, and the transition would be wait-less!! Unfortunately, MP gaming issues were never fully ironed out, so the question is wether there'll be any game that'll offer limitless gamespace available... (hmmm... Star Wars Galaxies Jump to Lightspeed.... hmmm... future Project Entropia... hmmm...) and the ability to go any where with just about any means!

Hahah, like you, once you were doing that and a warthog fell on your head. biggrin_o.gif

I find it hilarious when someone tried to do this then then you just see a teammate run past and swipe them in the back with a weapon butt. Teach those kids a lesson! biggrin_o.gif

I find it hilarious when someone tried to do this then then you just see a teammate run past and swipe them in the back with a weapon butt.  Teach those kids a lesson!  biggrin_o.gif

I'll never learn, remember that! biggrin_o.gif