Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

Does Red Hammer give you better graphics

I talked with a guy from my squad who said that RH makes the game look better. RH is over 600MB which is much for just the new campaign. So my question to those who have it... does RH come with new textures and perhaps new sounds? What other features does RH have and it it worth buying if I really don't care much about playing SP?

No, it doesnt have any new textures or units or anything... Just the new campaign, which is 15MB and the (very poor) "russian" voices addon which is 21MB.

I was wondering if 1.4 made the gfx appear better? Maybe its the placebo effect.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from PV on 8:37 pm on Dec. 26, 2001

I was wondering if 1.4 made the gfx appear better?  Maybe its the placebo effect.

<span id='postcolor'>

Sure seems like it.

-" dont underestimate the POWER of the DARKFORCE...hmmm....PLACEBOFORCE"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Nero85 on 9:00 pm on Dec. 26, 2001

Red Hammer is big because all the addons are also on it<span id='postcolor'>

Correction. The new addons are part of OFP version 1.30. You would get them whether you updated to version 1.30 with or without the Red Hammer campaign.

OFP Gold is OFP 1.30 with the separate Red Hammer campaign included.

Actually, after installing red hammer, i noticed some new objects, like flowers, and some new trees/small objects. Maybe I just never explored the island of Everon near the lighthouse, though( which would explain it).

Just talked with him... he bought the RH gold version of OFP... ie. OFP+RH in one package.

Hey do you want better graphics?

Go get yourself a big, sharp, clear 19inch monitor(cheap now) if you have not already, it gives all your games a visual quality boost and also gives you a little performance boost as well.

Otherwise, no. I have Red Hammer and I don't see any change in Operation Flashpoint's graphical features.

version 1.40 (not Red Hammer) as far as i and others have observed, has got different/improved texturing on the ground

There are no new graphics in red Hammer. Red Hammer is only campaign based on version 1.30. So who downloaded version 1.30 (or 1.40) have the same program and graphic as in Red Hammer.

There are no new trees, flowers and so on. Only christmas tree activated on 24th december with version 1.40.

thanx... then I'll buy it if I feel like playing the campaign but right now I'm too busy with making missions and playing online. d*amn I just have to put my clock back to the 24th to see those x-mas trees smile.gif

How come all the models seem smoother and better looking than usual?

And I wasn't drinking or smoking crack when I played it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from KingBeast on 12:20 pm on Dec. 27, 2001

version 1.40 (not Red Hammer) as far as i and others have observed, has got different/improved texturing on the ground

<span id='postcolor'>

I think that is courtesy of the multi-texturing control.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Chan on 3:15 am on Dec. 27, 2001

Hey do you want better graphics?

Go get yourself a big, sharp, clear 19inch monitor(cheap now) if you have not already, it gives all your games a visual quality boost and also gives you a little performance boost as well.

Otherwise, no. I have Red Hammer and I don't see any change in Operation Flashpoint's graphical features.

<span id='postcolor'>

I don't see how a new monitor would give you a performance boost

I had a similar Graphical Improvement but I think it was down to the fact I hadnt played OPF for ages until RH came out and during my non playing period Ive got better Gfx card drivers and a new speedier HD

Hmmmm, if you get a new monitor upgraded from a old 14"-15" it does.

The low refresh rates holds back the performance, right now my new 19" gives me excellent performance in 1600x1200x32 as oppose to my old 1024x768x32(max on old monitor and really slow)

Could be the 'multi-texturing' and w-buffer options that are what people are noticing the effects of

I could higher the resolutions of all my games and get the performance and visual quality I couldn't get on my old monitor