Sign in to follow this  
ran

Army videos

2002 french army presentation video (.wmv format)

(btw , what's the song in the clip ? i don't have any sound on my comp atm so ...)

and now , materials video presentations (sorry for the cheesy musics):

AMX10RC

ERC90 Sagaie

Leclerc

VAB HOT

Eryx AT missile

LRM (french MLRS)

AU F1 self propelled artillery gun

TRF1 artillery gun (gulf war footage)

Roland SAM

Hawk SAM

EBG

EFA mobile bridge

post videos related to your country's armies in this thread smile_o.gif

Dammit. I need to login to the Bundeswehr Community to get access to the long videos. AND they don`t let me log in because I`m too old. Those vids are only for interested kiddies. I as soldier have no access until I participate as mod/expert on the forums. crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Here's a few videos from the Finnish Defence Forces Ilma 2002 exercise from last summer. I took part in this as a conscript.

Finnish T-72M1 (36 mb)

F-18C Hornet lands using its arrestor hook (27 mb)

F-18C fighters operating from the roadbase in Lusi (70 mb)

A video containing mixed shots from different units being deployed around Helsinki for the exercise (49 mb)

I know those are big files, but I can't help it, I linked them directly from the FDF website. Well, at least the quality is ok ...

those videos are amazing cam0flage

especially the ones where they turned some strip of road into an airfield. wow_o.gif I can't tell you how many times i've been driving along in my truck and spotted an opening in the powerlines over head and though "man, if this thing had wings..." biggrin_o.gif

FOD sweeps must be murder though

I like that AMX-10RC. If you notice, it can pivot steer and move like a tracked vehicle. Maybe this means that making wheeled vehicle addons like this and classifying them as tracked vehicles is doable and realistic?

Denoir that Gripen video is beautiful.

*sniff* maybe one day I'll do the same... unclesam.gif

Yeah, damn, looks like it's down for good and can't see any mirrors. I should have saved that one to HD at home sad_o.gif.

those videos are amazing cam0flage

especially the ones where they turned some strip of road into an airfield. wow_o.gif  I can't tell you how many times i've been driving along in my truck and spotted an opening in the powerlines over head and though "man, if this thing had wings..." biggrin_o.gif

FOD sweeps must be murder though

Excuse my ignorance, but what are FOD sweeps? ;)

There are many of these roadbases in Finland, in case of a crisis the whole F-18 force would be dispersed into these bases. I think Sweden has a similar system, right, denoir?

I guess the STOL capability of the F-18 was one of the reasons Finnish Air Force decided to purchase it ...

FOD is an airplane's worst nightmare when it's using a runway.

fod.jpg

It's really just damage caused by bits and pieces of airplanes that fall off planes from anything like bird strikes, rough landings, even the vibrations from the engines on takeoff.  The things falling off themselves don't usually cause an accident, but when they get sucked into an engine or punch through a tire they can do some serious damage (some believe FOD brought down the concorde).

It stands for Foreign Object Damage, a FOD sweep is when you search the runway for anything that could damage an airplane.  For major airports they'll have someone drive a jeep or something at high speed down the runway to check and make sure there's nothing major on the runway.  On aircraft carriers the crew will form a chain and slowly walk down the deck picking up nuts and bolts.

For more information on FOD and how YOU can prevent it, go to http://www.fodcontrol.com/

unclesam.gif

edit: IIRC the investigating agency actually concluded that FOD brought down one of the concordes, dont know for sure though

FSPilot, thank you for a really comprehensive answer. Now I got a new term I can use at my summer job at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport here in Finland ;P

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that F-18 is also a very good plane when it comes to the ability to resist FOD, adding another reason why it was chosen for the FAF.

I remember this one case in 2001 when a Belgian Sabena Airbus 319 sucked aluminum boarding ladders into its engine. Talk about FOD ...

I like that AMX-10RC. If you notice, it can pivot steer and move like a tracked vehicle. Maybe this means that making wheeled vehicle addons like this and classifying them as tracked vehicles is doable and realistic?

if i remember correctly , in a treaty between USSR and NATO concerning conventional weapons , the reds asked the AMX10RC to be considered as a MBT smile_o.gif

FSPilot, thank you for a really comprehensive answer. Now I got a new term I can use at my summer job at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport here in Finland ;P

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that F-18 is also a very good plane when it comes to the ability to resist FOD, adding another reason why it was chosen for the FAF.

I remember this one case in 2001 when a Belgian Sabena Airbus 319 sucked aluminum boarding ladders into its engine. Talk about FOD ...

Soviet planes are (well, were) specifically designed with anti-FOD mechanisms that re-routed their engine intakes to avoid sucking things in. Works fairly well I guess.

Not a army-video, more like air force uhm or does he think he is a ground-force? tounge_o.gif

Ohmygod.wmv